What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fresh water 3 ozone  (Read 5857 times)

cc322

Fresh water 3 ozone
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:57:35 pm »
The dealer says he will throw in the fresh water 3 ozone It is a 395.00 value. My question is DO i NEED IT. I asked him if I didnt want it will he minus the 395.00 and he said why wouldnt you want it.

Hot Tub Forum

Fresh water 3 ozone
« on: September 10, 2005, 12:57:35 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Fresh water 3 ozone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 01:20:15 pm »
FW III is a good ozone system. That being said, only you can decide if you want this feature, and only he can decide if he will give you a discount instead.

With this system in place, you will spend more on your water care. Instead of putting in a bit of Dichlor after every use, you will add MPS, which is quite a bit more expensive. Then, every four months you will buy a Silver Ion Cartridge - for $34 give-or-take a few bucks.

You will be able to soak chlorine free - with a chlorine shock to the tub once a month or after a group gets out.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

cc322

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 01:24:32 pm »
Thanks BOY this is getting confusing ???

TattedVenus

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 06:24:54 pm »
How often do you plan on using the tub? If you have a lot of people in your family the no chlorine system is not the way to go.  The more people in the tub, the more bacteria and sweat you will get. Using a Bromine floater works best if you have a lot of users and use everyday. Which model do you have picked out? A lot goes into deciding on what extras to get. The ozonator is worth it if you want something low maintenance as well. If you go away on vacation or work alot the ozonator will "shock" the tub continuously and keep bacteria at bay. I love the smell of the ozone, it smells fresh & clean! I would say go for it!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 11:53:13 am »
I see the difference between ozone and none and am certainly sold on CD ozone. You don't HAVE TO get ozone but it sure makes water maintenance easier.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 11:54:58 am »
Yes, get the FW3 you will love it!  That is a fair price ($395) and it will pay for itself in chemical savings over time.  Good luck!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:04:05 pm »
it will pay for itself in chemical savings over time.  

People will argue that point and I don't think it needs to be "sold' that way. Ozone will make life easier, that alone is enough for many people. You'll use less chems but maybe not much less but it sure makes it easier to care for. I've seen many people with frustrated looks on their faces that would pay twice that if they could get something to eleviate their issues and a good CD ozone unit can help a lot IMHO!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

scott10367

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 08:50:03 pm »

People will argue that point and I don't think it needs to be "sold' that way. Ozone will make life easier, that alone is enough for many people. You'll use less chems but maybe not much less but it sure makes it easier to care for. I've seen many people with frustrated looks on their faces that would pay twice that if they could get something to eleviate their issues and a good CD ozone unit can help a lot IMHO!!!

As a dealer and an owner of a spa I have seen it reduce my need for bromine in spas that I use a floater in.  I agree that if you go the totally bromine free route the cost issue is negligable...but I do it the old fashioned way with floater and ozone combo and things couldn't be better! I do agree with your point about ease of use though...perfectly put!  

scott10367

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 08:50:54 pm »
PS  Love the Superman logo!...Yours is much bigger than mine! :)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 01:26:49 pm »
it will pay for itself in chemical savings over time.
Not generally. You will be using MPS instead of chlorine after each use - you can also shock once per week with the same results - but either way the MPS costs more than chlorine.

Also, you will be buying a new Mineral Purifier cartridge every four months - $32 or thereabouts.

I'm not saying it is a LOT more than using strictly Dichlor, but there is no savings over time.

Now, "more convenient, doesn't smell like chemicals, easier, always there - even when you're not" - these things are all true. For a few bucks more, it may very well be worth it to you.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 03:18:01 pm »
Chas What is the procedure to use the no chlorine system. I have a Envoy with HS ozone. We use the tub light, 2 people 3-4 times per week 20-30min per soak. Would we be canidates for this system? and what is in MPS shock? (chemical name)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 03:18:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42