What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie cant make up my mind  (Read 6044 times)

cc322

Newbie cant make up my mind
« on: September 10, 2005, 11:07:41 am »
After looking at hot tubs for the past few weeks here is what I have come up with to purchase.

Sundance (bahia) 6000.00 otd with steps cover and cover lift, changing L.E.D. lights and starter chemical kit.

Jacuzzi (j-365) same as above but 6985.00

Tiger Rivrers (caspian) Cover, no lift ozone macine, steps chemical kit changing L.E.D. for extra 50.00

What do you think. Any other suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie cant make up my mind
« on: September 10, 2005, 11:07:41 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Newbie cant make up my mind
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 11:36:55 am »
Welcome to the board!  To help you feel at ease and to make things easy for you, I'll make the decision for you.....Tiger River Caspian! ;D  Wasn't that simple?

Seriously, they are all good spa manufacturers.  You'll be happy with any of them for a long time.  Be sure and wet test each one to find which one fits you best.  When you find the best one, grab that tiger by the tail. ;)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cc322

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:43:15 am »
Welcome to the board!  To help you feel at ease and to make things easy for you, I'll make the decision for you.....Tiger River Caspian! ;D  Wasn't that simple?

Seriously, they are all good spa manufacturers.  You'll be happy with any of them for a long time.  Be sure and wet test each one to find which one fits you best.  When you find the best one, grab that tiger by the tail. ;)

Terminator

You sound a little partial ;) so since you are a dealer is that one you carry as well? If so is that a fair price for a Caspian? I have checked another dealer and he was about 300-400 cheaper. Kinda like buying a car to me ??? Can you give me any insight on why the Caspian is the better. Thanks

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 11:58:45 am »
I am a dealer but not for the brands you are looking at....but the Bahia seems to have small jets...you might get itchy rather quickly with those ....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 12:16:53 pm »

You sound a little partial ;) so since you are a dealer is that one you carry as well? If so is that a fair price for a Caspian? I have checked another dealer and he was about 300-400 cheaper. Kinda like buying a car to me ??? Can you give me any insight on why the Caspian is the better. Thanks

Well, I'm more than a LITTLE partial ;D as I do sell Tiger River alongside HotSpring (they're both made by the same company as I'm sure you probably know).

I'm not sure what price you're being offered on the Caspian, but we sell the spa in that set-up for around $8,200.

I think it would probably be better to let existing customers of the 3 brands mentioned give you their opinion rather than reading a sales presentation from me.  I know there are several people on this forum who have purchased each of those spas and you will get a better representation from them on the pros and cons of each than you will from a bunch of salespeople.

They are all 3 high quality spas that will give you years of enjoyment.  It basically boils down to which one you feel is the best value for your money and which dealer you feel best about for the long term.  I wish you luck in your shopping process. :)

Terminator

cc322

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 12:28:10 pm »
The Caspian is 7000.00 otd delivered with ozone steps, cover, starter kit

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 12:37:22 pm »
That's a very good price.

Terminator

cc322

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 12:39:47 pm »
That's a very good price.

Terminator

Thanks for the help I think they are iso9001 as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:41:20 pm by cc322 »

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 12:56:22 pm »
 ;D Hi I have the j-365 and LOVE IT!!! Could not be happier....I also looked and the HS Grandee. I went with the J-365 because I didnt float  in any of the seats but, was still deep enough for hubby. We had a bit of an issue with that being I am only 4' 10 1/2'' (gotta get that 1/2'' in) and my husband is 6'3'' . The price they gave you was cheaper than we paid.  

cc322

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 01:00:27 pm »
;D Hi I have the j-365 and LOVE IT!!! Could not be happier....I also looked and the HS Grandee. I went with the J-365 because I didnt float  in any of the seats but, was still deep enough for hubby. We had a bit of an issue with that being I am only 4' 10 1/2'' (gotta get that 1/2'' in) and my husband is 6'3'' . The price they gave you was cheaper than we paid.  

Yes that is one we are looking at very strongly. The only concern is the caspian has 36 jets the j-365 has 30. Not sure if that's a bad thing or not  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 01:07:44 pm »
Yes, they are ISO 9001, certified by Lloyd's of London.  They are made on the same assembly line as the HotSpring, using virtually all the same components.  There used to be a lot of differences between HS and TR, but now there are more similarities than differences.

I truly enjoy the Caspian.  Being an ol' fat boy, I really like the deep bucket corner seats.  My wife loves the foot jets on the foot dome and my little girl likes the multiple seating levels.

Terminator
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 01:09:34 pm by East_TX_Spa »

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 01:08:57 pm »
I never looked at the caspian. But I can tell you that the foot and calf jets in the 365 are amazing . The best thing you can do is wet test and go from there. I think it is the only way to go. I loved the HS Grandee until I got in it. I floated out of all but 2 seats.  In the 365 I am good in all the seats even the one that is almost to my mouth. :P  

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 01:16:08 pm »
I also wanted to say, We like many ended up spending more than we had origanly wanted to. But the first soak all the worry and and seconed guessing melted away and we were just sorry we didnt do it sooner

cc322

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 01:26:08 pm »
I also wanted to say, We like many ended up spending more than we had origanly wanted to. But the first soak all the worry and and seconed guessing melted away and we were just sorry we didnt do it sooner

Thanks for the help we are going to the Jacuzzi and Tiger rivers dealer today ;D

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 05:45:02 pm »
We wet tested all of those before we made the decision to buy our Marquis Epic and found that for us the Jacuzzi was the most comfortable with the best feeling jets of the three.  We did not care for the jet action on the Tiger River, but to each his own.  Good luck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 05:45:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42