What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Double Dipping?  (Read 2400 times)

airheads

• '05 SD Maxxus!
Double Dipping?
« on: September 09, 2005, 09:28:20 pm »
Well we are anxiously awaiting the delivery of our Maxxus, in about a week and a half.  I see lots of posts on here about adding chemicals once a day after you use your spa.  What I'm wondering is  - does anyone out there use their spa more than once a day?  I can see me going outside and soaking some in the morning and then again at night.  Would you have to add chemicals twice a day?

Hot Tub Forum

Double Dipping?
« on: September 09, 2005, 09:28:20 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Double Dipping?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:30:01 pm »
Yes....as each time you get in the spa you add bacteria to it...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 09:30:15 pm by Mendocino101 »

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 08:01:47 am »
I go in my spa in the morning, sometimes in the afternoon, and the evening.  I only throw dichlor in at the end of the evening.  I don't see the need to sanitize multiple times a day, but that's just my opinion.  There is usually chlorine left in the morning from the night before, about 1 ppm.  I've never had a problem doing it this way.

Susan

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 08:17:02 am »
I am on board with adding after each use, especially if you are adding a minimal amount such as one tsp.  One ppm will get used up in a soak with nothing left for your next use.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 08:44:17 am »
If you add a couple tsp after your first soak, then you don't have to remember to add some later if you don't use the tub.  If you do use the tub again and if the bather load is light, I'd recommend maybe adding just 1 tsp. after the second soak as well.  As you say, there probably is a little left from the 1st addition so I say just give it a little boost.  Obviously, bather load has to be considered. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:13:00 am »
The average size person (smaller than me) in an average size hot tub (1300-1500L) will use 1PPM of sanitizer per 15 minutes.

If you do not maintain a sanitizer reading, I would recommend adding 1 tsp/person per 15 minutes spent in the tub to neutralize what you left behind.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 01:53:39 pm »
I use my tub at least 3-6 times per day depending on my aches and pains for that day. I usually look at my bromine level before my first soak then add as needed throughout the day.

Always remember one thing........Don't Over anylze your CHEMS! Hot tubs are suppose to be enjoyable not work!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 01:53:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42