What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for the pros  (Read 9232 times)

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: Question for the pros
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 11:38:07 pm »
I tested the Jacuzzi 365 and 375.  385 was dry.  I found the therapy of their static jets to be superior to Sundance.  The orifices were larger and weren't as needle like.  They have a built in vortex so the water turns a bit coming out, but not much.  The tubs had plenty of power.  I think the 365 is smaller than we would want.  It still does not match the Arctic in therapy.  The quality of the tub admittedly does appear to be a step down from Sundance (the diverter valve handle came off when I turned it).  But the jets have a nice feel that beats many of the higher priced tubs.  We're getting closer to a decision........

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 11:38:07 pm »

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2005, 05:27:56 am »
What is the price point on the Sundance and the Jac? List or otherwise. Cost has much to do with a decision...

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2005, 07:53:40 am »
Jacuzzi is quoting around $6700 for the J365 which includes sales tax which probably drops it to around $6300.  That would put their largest tub well under $8K.  I couldn't get a straight price out of Sundance but their vicinity is mid to high $8K's for the Optima with them starting at over $9K

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2005, 07:19:17 pm »
My Jacuzzi dealer said that Sundance is a more expensive but lower quality spa than the Jacuzzi.  No surprise that they would say that.

I looked at the Sundance spas at Pool City and was not real impressed with them.  And I was very concerned about the part time kids selling and installing the spas.  Between pools, Christmas trees, and patio furniture the spas seemed like an after thought to make a few quick bucks off some vacant floor space.

The local Jacuzzi dealer is far more professional and concentratres solely on hot tubs.  That means that when my tub needs service in December, I won't have to wait for the repairman to finish decorating a tree.

What I have learned in order of importance to me: ::)
#1 - do a wet test because the tub must fit you.
#2 - pick a good dealer because when things go wrong, no one on this forum will come out and fix your tub.
#3 - the price.  Don't save a dollar now so you can spend 5 later.

We liked the look and feel of the Jacuzzi and I have had good reports from other buyers about the dealer so I bought a J-385 even though it was about $1000 more than I had budgeted.  I expect to be happy with it and the dealer for a long time.

stl-rex - I just bought a J-385 for $7589.99 plus tax with a few extras tossed in. (www.spashowcase.com)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 07:22:26 pm by Snowbird »
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2005, 07:35:09 pm »
Congrats on chosing a 50 year company that isn't going anywhere.  I love my J335 and am very happy with my choice.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2005, 09:37:07 pm »
Only thing I can add, as a 3 month owner of an Optima, (first tub ever owned) is it's real nice not having to worry about removing and washing the filter on a monthly basis. Hopefully I won't have to touch it for another 3-6 months. Does the Jacuzzis have the disposable filter also?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2005, 10:11:43 am »
What you are failing to recognize is that Sundance created and manufactures the JacuzziPremium Spas.  The high end SD spas will always have the newest changes and engineering.  The JP and other SD lines fall in behind those.  They are all built in the same place so quaility should be the same and ISO certified for both.  

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2005, 11:40:25 am »
What you are failing to recognize is that Sundance created and manufactures the JacuzziPremium Spas.  The high end SD spas will always have the newest changes and engineering.  The JP and other SD lines fall in behind those.  They are all built in the same place so quaility should be the same and ISO certified for both.  

That may be true, but for the jets that don't rotate, IMHO, Jacuzzi has the better feeling jets (like the ones in their therapeutic chair).  The larger orifices give a good deep tissue massage without stinging like I believe the Sundance does.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2005, 12:34:32 pm »
Thats exactly why the JacuzziPremium may be best for you.  The Sundance 800 series uses the bearingless jets, while the 700 series uses the rotating jets and the JP has their own style jets.  Three different sytles to choose from all with a feel of their own.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2005, 12:34:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42