What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ordering a new spa today!  (Read 3071 times)

Debra

Ordering a new spa today!
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:29:58 am »
We are ordering a Sundance Optima tub today, and we're excited.  We're just concerned about what finish to get.  We love the looks of the white marble look finish but are concerned with water marks & scratching issues.  Anyone have any advice on their experience with this finish?

Hot Tub Forum

Ordering a new spa today!
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:29:58 am »

cappykat

Re: Ordering a new spa today!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 08:45:33 am »
Congrats on your tub!

We ordered an Epic in the pearlescent.  This is what our dealer told us about the finish:

The solid colors will show scratches where they will not be as obvious with the granite look.  However, the scratches are very easy to remove with very fine wet/dry sandpaper.  We sell the solid colors 4or 5 to 1 over the granite look.  The only advantage to the Granite is the texture of the spa shell is not as slippery.  Solid is better looking, more luxurious and looks better with the LED lighting.  The granite is more practical but somewhat out of style today.

2005 Marquis Epic

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:10:17 am »
We've got a Sundance Cameo in the platinum color which is the white marble look.  We've  had it for 3 months and I've not seen any water marks or scratches.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 12:00:58 pm »
We are ordering a Sundance Optima tub today, and we're excited.  We're just concerned about what finish to get.  We love the looks of the white marble look finish but are concerned with water marks & scratching issues.  Anyone have any advice on their experience with this finish?

Make sure anyone going in removes their bracelets and watches, ask the men not to wear swimming shorts with rivets or any metal on them.  I have had 2 tubs this year (long story), the first one was a smooth finish gold color and did show scratches and a water line mark the tub was beautiful to look at though.  My new one is a sandstone light color pebble finish, the biggest difference for me has been safety for 2 reasons.

1.  The smooth finish is slippery and my son did fall and smack his chin on the side.

2.  I could never tell where the steps or bottom of the tub were, it just looked flat.  It always looked 2 dimensional.

The lighting in the smooth finish was brilliant and I thought that the pebble finish wouldn't show the lights as well but we find the lights just as bright.  I am sure the one you chose will be the best one for you, we would have been very happy with the first one we chose.

Ray

Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

velocity23

• If it ain't broke...break it
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 01:05:28 pm »
Congrats on the new tub. I just got an Optima and went through the same decision. I ended going with the Sahara granite with the Coastal skirt. The marble does look very nice but does show scratches a little easier IMO. My buddy has one with the marble and it has quite a few scratches on it. But I guess it all depends on how you treat it or take care of it. Good luck in your decision.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 01:25:45 pm by velocity23 »

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 03:28:03 pm »
Congrats on your new spa. The Optima is great in either color and you will love it!

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 05:59:57 pm »
Hi Debra, I too have the platinum (white - marble) shell on my Jacuzzi J-355 which is identical to the Sundance shell's.

So far so good, but certainly the granite type finishes will show less wear and tear.  keep in  mind, you can polish the smooth finishes however to keep them brand new looking (I think)

I love the looks of it, but the Sahara shell or Onyx also looks great.

Mark

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 03:24:59 pm »
Congrats on your new spa Debra..I wish you many nights of great soaks and a Speedy installation. I hope your wait is few!

BP

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 03:27:45 pm »
Congratulations ...... :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 03:27:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42