What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Not enough spa choices  (Read 4636 times)

Pathfinder

Not enough spa choices
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:26:30 pm »
Hi everybody,   I ve been reading these forums for a couple weeks now  It seems there is many knowledgeable people in here. So this seems to be right place to find some answers.

I live in northern Ontario and theres not alot of choice up here it seems i will be buying a tub soon but i would like some opinions on the lines im looking at

Coast spas   Hydropool  Bullfrog Beachcomber & Catalina

they all seem to have good stories but Ineed to here further info

we do have Arctic and sundance but the sales personel
were to aggresive and the tub water was not very clean so a real turn off  any info would be appreciated  :)

Hot Tub Forum

Not enough spa choices
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:26:30 pm »

nicker

Re: Not enough spa choices
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 04:46:41 pm »
just a question for you, the coast dealer, do you know the name of the store ?

My friend has a Coast.  And he likes the spa. And it does seem nice (I have only been in it once).  But I do think they are over priced.  The dealer he purchased from are terrible.  NO support.  And I can confirm this as I have been in the store and they are not very helpfull and the store is always messy.

Pathfinder

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 04:48:30 pm »
hey nicker

the name of the coast dealer is Executive Pools

Debra

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 04:54:27 pm »
We just ordered a Sundance spa today - the Optima.  We chose it because it is a top quality brand, has 7 seats, has a foot dome which really helps you to stay in your seat, has a great filter system and everything else we were looking for.  The seats were very comfortable, had headrests that were not confining and the jets were powerful enough and felt great!  We had done months of research, also live in Ontario and tested about 6 different dealers.  Our dealer had at least 3 different salesmen who were very different in their approach, so it may be a good idea to try Sundance again.  We haven't heard very much good about Coast Spas.  Beachcomber's tubs just seem to look a little old fashioned.  We did look at Hydropool as well, they seem good.  (I just didn't like all the holes at the bottom - just me though).

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 05:00:55 pm »
the sundances looked to be a good tub but the water was so cloudy in the demo model  it was a turn off if they cant keep their own tub clean how can i rely for proper service?

Debra

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 05:08:51 pm »
Ya, that's scary.  I sure hope we'll be able to keep ours clean.  The one we tested was crystal clear.  That was one thing I really liked about it.  And it did not use Bromine or Chlorine so there was no smell on your skin or suits.

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 05:36:16 pm »
Seems there was someone else asking about spa brands in Canada and said Marquis was in Canada.  Might check them out.  We bought an Epic.

Here's their website www.marquisspas.com and check under Dealer Locator.
2005 Marquis Epic

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 05:53:21 pm »
Hi Debra,  I'm just curious, as Mineral Ion type purifiers aren't approved for sale in Canada yet, what type of sanitizer do you use that doesn't have Bromine or Chlorine in it?

(I'm in Calgary)

Thanks

Mark  

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 06:00:28 pm »
I looked at the Hydropool and Beachcomber tubs and they seemed nice.

The Hydropool dealers that I went to here were pretty much losers IMO but the tub itself seemed nice from what I can tell.

Beachcomber Tubs have a lot of satisfied customers and they come in at different price points.

I can't comment on the others as I didn't see them in my search.

Good Luck in your search!

AmICrazy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 06:37:18 pm »
Where are you located? I am opening a Sundance Store in Orillia, Ontario. Our showroom will be awesome and we are going for great service as part of our store philosophy. My partners and I are not hiding the fact that selling spas is not really our area of expertise but customer service sure is!!! We won't have all the answers but I think people will appreciate our honesty and that we are striving to add a whole new "feel" to how spas should be presented . We too have seen far too many terrible storefronts and this is what prompted us to start our own.  

Pathfinder

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 08:03:52 pm »
Im up Thunder Bay On   and i ve seen the marquis web site but they arent up here and im not up for shipping charges plus i would rather have a service tech from the same area if any problems arise  I kinda like the bullfrog idea but im not sure if its just to gimmicky

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 08:24:48 pm »
Hey Pathfinder,

I am the western Canadian regional manager for Hydropool and if there's anything i can help you with or answer, let me know!

There's huge representation out east for Hydropool and the factory / head office is in Mississauga. Personally, I'd go with Hydropool but that would be a silly comment so I won't type it... ;)

Steve
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 08:25:24 pm by Steve »

Pathfinder

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 08:34:20 pm »
hey steve one question though    Why is it that the hydropool dealer here in T bay  also sells another  brand of tub   I noticed that they had a bunch of plaques for sales and stuff

but they said they brought in a new line because they didn twant to sell against it   so im kinda lost here if bc they are kind of contradicting themselves

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 09:44:32 pm »
Hey Pathfinder,

I
There's huge representation out east for Hydropool and the factory / head office is in Mississauga. Personally, I'd go with Hydropool but that would be a silly comment so I won't type it... ;)

Steve

Far be it from you to do or say anything silly.... ::)

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 11:34:59 pm »
hey steve one question though    Why is it that the hydropool dealer here in T bay  also sells another  brand of tub   I noticed that they had a bunch of plaques for sales and stuff

but they said they brought in a new line because they didn twant to sell against it   so im kinda lost here if bc they are kind of contradicting themselves

Even though the Hydropool line is extensive to say the least, some dealers are concerned of having all their eggs in one basket so to speak.

Dealers carrying mulitple lines often don't become great dealers. There are exceptions....but that's rare.

Sometimes dealers bring in a secondary line to fill price points or offer a lower end spa and higher end. Personally, if I was a retailer, I would find one line that offered a very comprehensive price ladder, learn their system well and build my business with the one partner. That I have always believed in, even prior to becoming a dealer developement partner for Hydropool.

Far be it from you to do or say anything silly.... ::)

[size=13]HEY... I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK![/size] >:(

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 11:34:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42