What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cluelesss...............  (Read 4471 times)

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Cluelesss...............
« on: September 06, 2005, 10:08:45 am »
Hi everybody....I need a little help. I just recived my tub on Saturday...The water maitnence instructions they gave me dont seem right, after all the reading up on the subject............. " 1. once your spa is full, add 1 tbls of di-chlor.   2.  Aproproximately 6 hours to 1 day later, add 1 scoop of EZ-SPA  Repaeat steps 1&2 as your weekly treatment on the same day each week"

I was told to do nothing during the week or after use. It just does not seem right to me. What do you guys think. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.....Oh and I got a J-365 and could not be more thrilled with it!  thanks
Jersey ;D

Hot Tub Forum

Cluelesss...............
« on: September 06, 2005, 10:08:45 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Cluelesss...............
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 10:12:59 am »
Check with your dealer.  They set you up on this, they should be able to assist you.  Give them a chance, and try what they say before you get too worried.  It's very common for a new spa owner to micromanage the water.
Brewman

Soakin

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 10:33:29 am »
There are lots of different routines that work.  There is a lot of talk about daily dichlor systems here, but that isn't the only way to clean water.  As Brewman said, give your dealer's a try first, and monitor the water until you feel comfortable.

By the way, do you have ozone? Mineral cartridge? What is in the EZ spa?

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 11:01:33 am »
I took your advice and called my dealer and he said that was all I needed to do unless I had like 20 people in the spa then give it a little extra di-clor and I do have ozone.

"They say" that the ez- spa is 7 products in 1.....oxidizer   ch balance   softener   scale Inhibitor    clarifier   ph balance   algecide.....I dont know how to do a link but if you go to ordinis. com it has all sorts of info about it there....I wonder if it is to good to be true do nothing but once a week?   Guess I will see what happens.

jersey    

Soakin

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 11:31:23 am »
Sounds like it will take a whole week for EZ-spa to get all that work done... that's probably why they recommend only once a week! :D

FYI, even though I think it is best to give the dealer's system a try, I too would be skeptical.  Just keep an eye on the water and monitor your chlorine residual.  It needs to stay measurable (0.5 ppm min)in order for you to know that your tub is bacteria free.  If your water isn't clear, and pleasant smelling, you'll know the routine isn't working.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 11:46:29 am »
I use a Beachcomber prodcut called "Carefree" which sounds very similar to you "EZ-SPA".  I still have to add dichlor after every use or second use depending on how many people.  I also have to add ALC increaser, PH up or PH minus when needed, usually some ALC up once a week.  Watch your ppm for you chlorine.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 12:33:46 pm »
 ::) I am going to give the "EZ-SPA" a chance and see what happens, but to be honest I am a bit skeptical. If it works out I will be one happy camper!!!!

I have just been using the test strips, and so far so good. Should I be using something else?

And on a totaly different subject, I saw a shooting star while soaking last night!!!!!! Living outside Philly we dont get to see many stars to begin with so I was very excited!! ;D  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 12:46:09 pm »
My dealer recommended the E-Z Spa chemicals so that is what I've been using for 3 months now with no problems.  I received the E-Z Spa Startup kit.  The kit includes test strips, E-Z Pre-Start, E-Z Up, E-Z Down, E-Z Cal, E-Z Boost and E-Z Spa OM.  Here is the link.

The E-Z Spa Boost is dichlor which I use after each use.  E-Z Spa OM is the weekly treatment.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 01:03:39 pm by jnolan »

Soakin

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 12:48:17 pm »
Test strips are fine for basic monitoring, but IMO sometimes they can be hard to read, especially on pH.  They can also get expensive if you like to test your water a lot.  A Taylor or other reagent based kit will be cheaper in the long run, but also a little more cumbersome.

Once you get your routine down, testing doesn't need to be as frequent, so if strips are working for you now, I wouldn't change until you see how often you test on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 12:55:56 pm by Soakin »

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 12:51:28 pm »
All they gave me was the e-z spa om and di-chlor.....Do you recomend the whole system...Just wanted to ask befor I went ahead and ordered it....Thanks

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 12:56:35 pm »
You don't need the whole system unless you need to adjust calcium, pH and alkalinity or if you have very hard water.

I did the use the pre-start on the initial fill but that is because I have very hard water here.  I filled the tub with 1/2 softened and 1/2 not softened like the owner's manual recommended.

Once I got my pH and alkalinity balanced, I've added nothing but E-Z Boost which is dichlor after each use and E-Z Spa OM weekly.  
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 01:04:03 pm by jnolan »

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 01:04:43 pm »
Oh ok.......Thanks! :D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 01:33:42 pm »
I have seen Ez spa at industry shows and was given a sample. If it does all it claims to do it is a great product, I have not used it with the proper diligence for myself to know. do keep us posted.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 02:45:52 pm by Mendocino101 »

jersey

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 02:14:42 pm »
Would be glad to!!!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 06:45:03 pm »
Official blessing of hot, clean, bubbly water for many years to come.

ENJOY SPATOPIA!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 06:45:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42