What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Arctic hot tubs  (Read 20211 times)

ketsch5

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Arctic hot tubs
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:52:09 am »
anyone heard of arctic hot tubs?  they are made in canada. compared them to hot springs and looks like we will get more tub for our $.

Hot Tub Forum

Arctic hot tubs
« on: August 30, 2005, 06:52:09 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Arctic hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 07:45:08 am »
How so?
Brewman
Brewman

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 08:02:01 am »
There's lots of "Discussion" here on the board about Arctic tubs.  Try doing a search and I think you'll find threads with many opinions....

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 08:17:18 am »
oh boy, here we go ::)

nicker

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 08:27:50 am »
I too would like to know why you say you would get more tub for your buck?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:39 am »
There's lots of "Discussion" here on the board about Arctic tubs.  Try doing a search and I think you'll find threads with many opinions....

Actually, there are only two.  
1. Arctic spas are revolutionary in design
2. No they're not.
Brewman

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 09:13:53 am »
Anyone have a 10' pole?
Homeworks Financing Representative

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 09:26:22 am »
I have researched them pretty heavily and caused a few of the heated discussions (unintentionally). ;D  I believe they make a fine tub.  They do things  abit differently as far as insulating the tub goes.  I don't think anyone disputes that it works.  They dispute that Arctic claims it to be superior.  They don't care for some of the marketing tactics such as standing on the cover.  What you won't see is a real rip on their overall quality.

You should wet test and select the tub that fits you and feels the best to you.  That tub will be the most tub for your money.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 09:27:45 am by rexspent »

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 09:35:44 am »

Actually, there are only two.  
 1. Arctic spas are revolutionary in design
 2. No they're not.

Well... do a search again for "Arctic" and change the date range (I used 90 days old) as an example:  I found threads on "Arctic filtration" "Arctic Heaters and Pumps" and other misc posts regarding folks experiences and opinions on Arctic tubs.  (I know I specifically posted about my experiences with our local Arctic dealer, bu thtat might be older than 90 days) You'll have to change the "# posts to show"option too, I used 100, which wasn't enough as it shows all postings, not just threads.

Also if you look under "Beating a Dead Horse" (the other major forum topic, directly under "General" in the tree) you'll find one right near the top specifically about Arctic Spas.  You may have noticed by some of the other responses that this is a bit of touchy subject as of late and "Better" seems to be a subjective term.  Best of luck!  

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 09:59:50 am »
Any questions you have on Arctic I will gladly answer.  I have been selling Arctic Spas for 6 Years now.  This products is excelent in thearpy, efficency, and accessabilty.  You need access to upgrade and fix the spa.

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 12:18:26 pm »
The worst part of arctic spas are the salespeople.  Second to the salespeople is the price.  Of course, the two are related. To justify the price consumers need to be convinced that there is a real difference in what they are buying.

Use the search feature, and say 360 or more days to get lots of good debates and smackdowns on this tub.

-Ed
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:21:32 pm by ebirrane »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:11 pm »
I love my arcitc and think that it is the greatest because I love it and it fit my budget and family needs.  I think that when you say general statements like looks like we will get more tub for our cash tends to make owners, and dealers of other companies upset.

when you ask future questions, just be careful, lots of people sensitive about their product, I know because I am one of them.  

Arctic is a great tub and I love it.  I hope you wet test and try them all out.  The one that fits you best will be the one that you buy.

Brewman, I am suprised that you would make comment like that.  You are someone that I classify in high regard and am a little dissapointed with your comment made.  Were people not just slamming backpains because of this a few posts ago for making general statements??

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 01:30:51 pm »
The only people you will find who don't enjoy an Arctic Spa are mostly other spa dealers.  Arctic is a relatively small company compared to the major manufactures (especially in the US).  However, because of this high quality product it has drawn attention of everyone.

What is wrong with the sales people?  We get customers to think about the long term costs of owning a spa.  We get people to think about there purchase.  

As far as the price you get what you pay for.  An Arctic spa is a "Higher Degree of Living"  It's very well built spa.  It's low on the energy costs.  Are we the most expensive "NO" are we the cheapest "NO"  If a customer is going to compare apples to apples are prices are completive.  

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 01:33:34 pm »
I don't think that Brewman was taking anyone's side.  I believe he owns a Sundance if I'm not mistaken.  I got the impression that he was just responding to a single post submitted by ketsch that was somewhat derogatory towards HotSpring.  Kind of a hit-and-run post that seems to pop-up from time to time.  Brewman cut to the chase in saying that "Some people think Arctic's great, some people don't.  Do a search and not re-hash some of this."

I respect your input bosco, and I think you are a great proponent for Arctic and a valued member of this board.  I just don't think Brewman was out of line.  I also don't mean for this post to sound disrespectful to you in any shape, form, or fashion. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:54:45 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 01:45:22 pm »
Arctic makes a well built spa and the company is very strong behind the product.

Very few Arctic owners are unhappy with their purchase and I would put them in the top 6 or 7 spa makers.

The rest would be to wade through the marketing hype. Unfortunately, they have had some very poor representation on this and others forums from certain salesmen who claim superiority and in turn, made the product seem slimy. Usually, it's simple to weed these guys out and compare the product at face value.

I do question their claims but insist that it is a well made product.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 01:45:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42