What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Spa for my price range  (Read 6248 times)

pdabill

Re: Best Spa for my price range
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 09:31:31 am »
Thanks for the advice on the used Hot Spring. I checked with my dealer and he only has 1 used tub right now (that I dont like), but who knows what might show up in the future.

I also have been looking in the classified ads. There are listings for spas, however they all seem to be shady fly-by-night people selling new "wholesale" spas that are "extras from the factory". Is there another decent place to find used spas?

In the meantime I am going to try to wet test a few more tubs. Last night I tried the Jacuzzi J-315. I really liked it, but it lists at ~$4750... That includes everything (ozonater, cover, delivery, chems, etc), but still just a tad over my price range. I also tried the Solana TX. Very nice too (especially the moto massage), but perhaps a bit too small and still a little pricey. Going to check out some more Vita Spas this weekend.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 09:31:31 am »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 11:12:49 am »
Hey pdabill....

also ask your hot springs dealer if he knows of any customers that are looking to unload their tub as they're upgrading.

When I was looking, the dealer would tell me of people trying to sell their tub privately to get a little more cash for it.  

As far as the classifieds go, its like buying a car....buyer beware.  I've had one good result from buying a tub from classifieds (Beachcomber 530 - less than 1 year old, but $2K less than brand new and a older HS Classic with cracks in it that just got worse - still great jets though.)

Did you look at the Hot Spot line from Hot Springs?  They're still very well made and do have some bigger tubs.

Good luck

Mark

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 12:06:08 pm »
Did you look at the Hot Spot line from Hot Springs?  They're still very well made and do have some bigger tubs.

Good luck

Mark

Mark has some good points in his post.  The Hot Spot's are basically Caldera Spas, so if you like Calderas, you'll probably like a Hot Spot.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cbM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 12:49:13 pm »
I would appreciate feedback on the Sundance Majesta spa. Total cost that I have been quoted...delivered, installed, wired, etc, is $10,250. This includes a crane delivery (mountain home). The spa is equipped with ozonator, and has the CD stereo system, free chemicals for 6 mos, free steps, cover and cover life. Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,

CBM

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 09:26:36 pm »
  I have had a Majesta outfitted like that one for about six weeks. Love it. We played with the jets and air a lot. I think you have to, we liked what we were getting out of it already, but as played we learned that you could control the massage action/levels in each seat more than we thought. We wanted the Majesta because it didn't have a lounger. It's big enough for us to have five people in and when it's just me alone or with my wife I can use adjacent seats/jets to work on my knees without abandoning my shoulders/back.
 Did I mention we love it? The total I paid by the time I was done electrical and all was higher (even converting the Canadian dollar) but I had to put a new electrical panel in. The hottub by itsef was well over 9K US.  Good luck,   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Duffman

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 02:16:42 am »
Since you have a Hotsprings dealer in your area I suggest you ask about Tiger River Spas. This is their mid-range line. Although the top-of-the-line Caspian spa I wet tested is above your price range (~$6500), they do have less expensive models.

I was just very impressed with the quality and comfort for the price range. Good luck

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2005, 02:16:42 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42