What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Bay Spas - Flores Model  (Read 7465 times)

Braiker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Leisure Bay Spas - Flores Model
« on: August 31, 2005, 02:21:06 pm »
I'm new to this board, but my family is interested in purchasing a Leisure Bay Flores model spa.  It's got 46 jets and sits about 6 people comfortably.  

Anyone have any reviews about this companies spas?

http://www.leisurebay.com/Products/Spas.html#

Also, the dealers we've gone to, some include the steps and the cover helper dealy.  I know the steps are needed and whatnot, but the gadget that helps take the cover off, is that really necessary?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:18:45 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

Leisure Bay Spas - Flores Model
« on: August 31, 2005, 02:21:06 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Leisure Bay Spas - Flores Model
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 02:26:41 pm »
THe cover lifter is not an absolute must, but I would strongly recomend it.  Relative to the cost of the spa, they are not that expesive but make the tub alot more enjoyable and prolong the life of the cover (which can cost 2-3 times the cost of the lifter).

Putting the cover on the ground, it get's dirty, and the dirt eventually ends up in the tub. Not to mention the scuff, nicks, cuts and tearing of the handles that can occur when moving it.

My first POS tub didn't have a lifter and it was a pain in the butt taking the cover off and on. It was even worse in the winter time.

I'd put a few extra bucks aside to get one. It's worth it.  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:29:12 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Braiker

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 02:27:55 pm »
THe cover lifter is not an absolute must, but I would strongly recomend it.  Relative to the cost of the spa, they are not that expesive but make the tub alot more enjoyable and prolong the life of the cover (which can cost 2-3 times the cost of the lifter).

Putting the lifter on the ground, it get's dirty, and the dirt eventually ends up in the tub. Not to mention the scuff, nicks, cuts and tearing of the handles that can occur when moving it.

My first POS tub didn't have a lifter and it was a pain in the butt taking the cover off and on. It was even worse in the winter time.

I'd put a few extra bucks aside to get one. It's worth it.  :)

Thanks for the info.

Any word on the Spa model itself haha
?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:28:22 pm by Braiker »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 02:31:12 pm »
but the gadget that helps take the cover off, is that really necessary?

Yes, you'll hate having to take the cover off manually to the point where sometimes it might impede your use of the sap altogether.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 03:00:23 pm »
Leisure Bay is a house brand of Rec Warehouse.  I bought a Caldera from Rec Warehouse and they treated me very fairly.  During the sales process, the subject of the Leisure Bay product line was discussed and I even tried one very briefly.  The salesman was very forthright in explaining that the LB line was a price leader, not comparable to the Caldera line in terms of quality or performance.  It falls into the category of you get what you pay for.  He did insist that the LB line is competitive with similarly priced spas offered by competitors.  Since I was in pursuit of a top quality spa, I did not pursue it further.

Regards,

Bill

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 03:25:06 pm »
Leisure Bay was the first spa we looked at...Rec Warehouse.  I can't remember the model but it had ALL the bells & whistles, i.e. stereo, waterfall, mood lighting, etc.  I believe it was the top of the line in LB.  We got a price of $8500.  We were ready to purchase the spa when I decided I needed to do some research.  I found this forum and learned there were far superior/quality brands for that amount of money.

Compared to HS, Marquis, Sundance, Jacuzzi and many others it is an inferior spa IMO
2005 Marquis Epic

TubsAndCues

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 11:42:13 am »
While I haven't heard of this brand, price could be a big issue.  Are you looking for something more economically priced in the show room or are you looking for the highest quality, most energy efficient, etc.  

Another question is do you need to seat 6 people? If you take a good hard look at where all the feet will go.  We've carried a few brands in the past that had room for 6 butts, but you'd have a hard time fitting 12 legs and feet in there.  The foot well is an area often overlooked when choosing a spa.

Good luck on your search!   :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 11:42:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42