What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Lightning!!!!  (Read 5721 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Lightning!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 10:36:16 am »
BTW, a lot of people are smarter then me...I simply talk more and louder with a much more intimidating look so that I can hide that ;D
That has worked for me for years.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 10:36:16 am »

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 10:42:00 pm »
I find it funny when people claim tube amps are so pure..when the tube's purpous is to color the sound, thus changing it from its original state.

And lets not forget back then there were no rules for rating equipement, if you wanted to rate a 50watt amp at 5 watts... then so be it.

That is all.

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 09:19:03 am »
Hmmm, 25 years of doing IC design work at Bell Labs ( you may have heard of them, they invented the transistor  ;D), 20 years of selling high-end audio (both tube and solid state), EE and Comp Sci degrees, and I've never seen any citation (and I'll go back to Keroes and Williamson) where the purpose of a tube is to "color the sound".  So could you please enlighten me as to where you discovered the purpose of a thermionic device?  And as to where it was discovered that semiconductor based devices are so devoid of this purpose?

Are you ready to argue the sonic impact of even order versus odd order harmonics?  Have you seen Scott Frankland's research concerning the distortion spectrum of triodes vs. other devices at low power levels?  I'll give you a hint - at low levels DHTs are superior to all other devices.

Now, since this is a forum for HOT TUBS, please resond via PM so as to not bother everyone else.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 09:19:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42