What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WET TEST ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  (Read 9914 times)

freddortort

• waiting..waiting..waiting..waiting
Re: WET TEST ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 03:55:43 pm »
You are ALL wonderful. . . . . . . .

Michael. . . .  no one has even offered to do what you did
you'd be on the TOP of my list

Termy. . . . . .  I just made an appointment with another dealer that has the ENVOY filled! ! ! ! ! ! !   (in a private room but alas wife still will not attend)  Thanks for your great advice

Mr McCall   I have done just that   Told them that I have it down to two brands

QUESTION for ALL   as far as filtration motors reliability diverter valves etc
Are Sundance and Hot Springs a dead-heat? ? ? ? ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 03:55:43 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 06:27:10 pm »
In my humble and SOBER (no jack today) opinion, no. HotSpring requires too much filter maintinence. Although the idea of all the water going through the filters before returning to the jets sounds great, how much time will you need to spend cleaning the 3, 4, or 5 filters that are in your spa. At least with the Sundance you maximum filter maintinence is once a month, and depending upon which filter you get, could be as little as once a year. Again, IMHsoberO, I'd go with the Sundance.

You are ALL wonderful. . . . . . . .

Michael. . . .  no one has even offered to do what you did
you'd be on the TOP of my list

Termy. . . . . .  I just made an appointment with another dealer that has the ENVOY filled! ! ! ! ! ! !   (in a private room but alas wife still will not attend)  Thanks for your great advice

Mr McCall   I have done just that   Told them that I have it down to two brands

QUESTION for ALL   as far as filtration motors reliability diverter valves etc
Are Sundance and Hot Springs a dead-heat? ? ? ? ?

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 09:42:55 am »
freddortort,

Don't let rogue dealers try to scare you about filter maintenance on a HotSpring (or any other brand of spa).  The Tri-X filters that come standard on the Vista and Envoy are dishwasher safe or you can rinse them off with a hose, takes about 5 minutes.  Oh, you won't have to buy any more filters for about 10 years.  The filters will actually last longer than some generic spas. ;D

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 09:44:25 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 11:17:04 am »
freddortort,

Don't let rogue dealers try to scare you about filter maintenance on a HotSpring (or any other brand of spa).  The Tri-X filters that come standard on the Vista and Envoy are dishwasher safe or you can rinse them off with a hose, takes about 5 minutes.  Oh, you won't have to buy any more filters for about 10 years.  The filters will actually last longer than some generic spas. ;D

Terminator

I agree.  I recently switched to the Tri-X in my Landmark.  If you are not willing to take a few minutes every other week for spa maitenance maybe you shouldnt get a spa.  As Term said it takes no more than 5 minutes to rinse out the filters.  I havent tried the dishawasher thing because I really dont see the need.  In the summer I just rinse them with my outdoor hose and in the winter, I flip the filter compartment lid upside down and carry them in 2 at a time to my tub sink in the laundry room.  Sacrificing a few minutes of my time to maitain crystal clear water is well worth it for me.

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 12:32:48 pm »
As a happy consumer who looked at tubs for years at home shows and dealers - the mood room really puts you in the mood to buy!  Love my HS !!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 01:32:07 pm »
The Tri-X filters are great!! Don't let non owners of this filter tell you they are not. I have a Envoy and wash them out every 3-4 weeks and put them right back in. It takes about 5-10 minutes. I put them in the dishwasher at water changes and do nothing else with them. No need for 100 dollar replacement filters or filter cleaner

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2005, 11:01:26 pm »
freddortort,

Terminator

Wisoki you're such a rogue. lol

You really are playing devils avocate aren't you? lol ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 11:03:56 pm by spahappy »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 08:40:48 am »
Sombody has to, otherwise this HotSpring heave board would run roughshod over every one else.  ;)  I bring disenting poinst of view to almost every thread I post in, and catch hell for it, but so what. If my posts make someone think twice and buy once, then my advocacy works. Hmmm, new tag line...Think twice, buy once!

Wisoki you're such a rogue. lol

You really are playing devils avocate aren't you? lol ;)

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 06:29:13 pm »
  Love what you have done, wmcall!

You are the best moderator (at least on this site) ever!!!

September 10 is coming!

;)Thought I was going to dodge it, didn't you!?!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 06:29:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42