What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis or Caldera??  (Read 12904 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Marquis or Caldera??
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 12:43:18 am »
Wow, $7900 sounds like a great deal. I read on the forum somewhere else that someone in Pittsburg got around $7900 too. Not sure why Denver is that much higher.

poopsy: Caldera and Hotsprings (IHT) and Marquis both have 12 month no interest now. If you pay cash IHT will give you 5% off and Marquis something like 3% off.  I personally did not like the dealer for Artesian at Park Meadows. Did not seem like they knew their stuff and only have been the Artesian dealer for 1 year. IMO the Artesian is lower quality hot tub than Caldera and Marquis. But, my Neighbor has had a artesian for 3 years and had zero problems with it. It is outside uncovered too.

Most of the better known manufactures are pretty good at building a spa that will hold up fair throughout the first 5 years (they don't want to pay warranty either)....The trick is to have them still be as problem free as possible from years 5 through 10. ;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 12:43:56 am by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 12:43:18 am »

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 12:26:45 am »
By the way you can run all of the jets in all seat in the Epic...if you wish.  

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 12:27:51 am »
$7,900 is amazing price for Epic.  Way too low.  Someone is giving it away.  Good deal for you.

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 12:29:07 am »
By the way you can run all of the jets in all seat in the Epic...if you wish.  

Really. I wet tested the Epic and could not figure out how to do that. Like sitting the lounge (they call it something else) could not get all jets going at the same time. Had to use the tri-zone settings to move from one zone to another. (you sound like a Marquis dealer!?)

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 12:33:44 am »
Epic should sell for $9,495.  No high prices listed on this board.  Being poorly sold or represented if sold for less than $8,500.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 09:47:37 am »

Really. I wet tested the Epic and could not figure out how to do that. Like sitting the lounge (they call it something else) could not get all jets going at the same time. Had to use the tri-zone settings to move from one zone to another. (you sound like a Marquis dealer!?)

I believe I read where you can put the setting inbetween zones and get two of the three but not all three at once.  I am repeating what I read here or other forums.

drprwnap

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 12:08:31 pm »

I believe I read where you can put the setting inbetween zones and get two of the three but not all three at once.  I am repeating what I read here or other forums.

That would be me that made the above statement.  While wet testing the Epic, I asked the salesman about being able to run the jets together.  He responded by telling me to move the Tri-Zone handle inbetween the numbers.  It's possible to get a combination of jets this way.

drprwnap
8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Duffman

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 11:26:32 am »
Epic should sell for $9,495.  No high prices listed on this board.  Being poorly sold or represented if sold for less than $8,500.

I agree that $8500 and below is not very realistic. I do know from my discussions with a Marquis dealer that an Epic can definitely be purchased for $8600-$8700 with a standard package (basic steps, cover, cover lifter, chemical starter pack. delivery, and setup)

Duffman

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 11:57:19 am »
While wet testing the Epic, I asked the salesman about being able to run the jets together.  He responded by telling me to move the Tri-Zone handle inbetween the numbers.  It's possible to get a combination of jets this way.

Technically you are correct, but I think it is important to note that the Epic feels as though there is very little water flow coming out of the jets when adjusting the Tri-zone lever between settings. I certainly acknowledge that when the Tri-Zone valve is fully moved to one of the "therapy" settings there is very good pressure to the active jets.

In no way am I saying the Epic is a bad spa; Quality-wise I had no negative impressions. It's just that the Tri-Zone system offers a different experience that some may love and some may find very limiting. Because of this, I think it is absolutely essential to wet test this spa before considering a purchase; more so than any other spa I have seen on the market.

If you really like the dedicated therapy settings offered by the Tri-Zone diverter valves, than you will likely have no regrets. Just make sure to try other spas in the $8-9k range as well. You may be very surprised at how different the experience is between an Epic and most other Spas. Which style you prefer is up to you.

Good luck

cappykat

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 11:03:24 am »
Kyle said
Epic should sell for $9,495.  No high prices listed on this board.  Being poorly sold or represented if sold for less than $8,500.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:59:21 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 11:22:58 am »
We bought the Epic for $7900 w/stereo.  Kyle said I'm sure glad our dealer is poorly selling and representing the Marquis brand because according to Kyle we should have paid $9,495!!

Well, I decided on the Marquis Epic. It came down to the D1 Californian and Caldera Geneva and the Epic

I am glad too my dealer is poorly representing them too! (which I do not believe they are BTW).  I paid $8300 for the Epic (all else included) with no stereo with a little bargaining.  Your $7900 with stereo sounds like a very great deal. I was told the Stereo is about $700 itself (which I did not need).

What part of the country are you in copykat?

poopsy

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 11:53:27 am »
wow...great deal...since you were a fanatic on testing and high standards let me know  a) where you got the great deal..as i will go there as well... and b) why you choose epic? i have wetested many last year and only didnt like coleman and jacuzzi...i liked caldera - lighting and tub feel...and i liked sd altamar the cameo and the optima...but when i wet tested the marquis i felt that too many seats were too shallow..i am only 5 fooot 11 and the wife is  a tiny 5 foor 1 asian gal...so for her it was ok....i was impressed with construction and durability....hm....

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 12:50:44 pm »
My wet tests showed the Epic was pretty deep in a lot of the seats, similar to HS and Caldera. D1 Californian was very shallow. I just liked the Epic layout. I think the Epic is new this year. The 05 Reward has a very deep (too deep for me) lounger. I am about your size and my wife is 5'6". We both liked the Epic lounger.

Wet test is the best way to decide.  Sundance (agree dealer in Denver is not good), Marquis, D!, HS and Caldera are all good SPA's IMO. Price and fit were key for me on all of these.

cappykat

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 02:54:50 pm »
I'm in Orlando, Fl and yes, I think we got a great deal.  I believe we were told the same price on the stereo.

We had narrowed our choices to the Epic and the Jacuzzi 385.  We looked and wet tested HotSprings, D1, LeisureBay, and Sundance.  My husband didn't want to wet test any of them.  He said whatever worked for me would be ok.  I finally persuaded him to wet test and it's a good thing he did because the J385 didn't work for him.  He didn't fit in the lounger and just didn't think the J385 was for him.  We both felt the Epic had better therapy in all the tubs we tested.

We wet tested the Epic together and every seat worked for both of us.  It's deep enough that you don't float out and the aidirondack seat was great.

Our tub is on order and we won't have it for probably 2 months.  We are just in the process of adding a screened porch.  I'm so glad I found this forum because we were ready to plunk down $8500 on a LeisureBay and I decided I need to do some research.  We would have been disappointed as I think the LeisureBay is overpriced and not a top brand.  I owe that to this forum!!
2005 Marquis Epic

cappykat

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 03:00:48 pm »
Oh...I will say I liked the SD Cameo a LOT!!  I can't remember the exact quote but it was over $10K.  I like the Epic as well or better and the price was right!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 03:00:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42