What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Newbie  (Read 4841 times)

Mitub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Tub Newbie
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:31:33 pm »
I am looking at purchasing my first hot tub.  I have been looking at Hot Springs Accolade and Soveriegn.  Is Hot Springs a good brand of tub and what pricing should I expect to see on these two models?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Newbie
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:31:33 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hot Tub Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 01:19:31 pm »
The HotSpring Sovereign is probably the best selling spa of all time.  As far as quality, I have many, many customers that have had their HotSpring spa for over 20 years and still use them everyday.  Should a problem ever arise (and eventually it will), HotSpring will take care of it.  I know of no other spa company that has a better service record for it's customers.  (There are some other top-notch spa companies out there, and some flim-flam ones, too.)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 02:36:51 pm »
The HotSpring Sovereign is probably the best selling spa of all time.  As far as quality, I have many, many customers that have had their HotSpring spa for over 20 years and still use them everyday.  Should a problem ever arise (and eventually it will), HotSpring will take care of it.  I know of no other spa company that has a better service record for it's customers.  (There are some other top-notch spa companies out there, and some flim-flam ones, too.)

Terminator

So then Term...nobody comes close to HS when it comes to service? So then if you find a dealer that your totally thrilled with but gee since it's not HS it's not a good company to go with? Please explain!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 03:50:57 pm »

So then Term...nobody comes close to HS when it comes to service? So then if you find a dealer that your totally thrilled with but gee since it's not HS it's not a good company to go with? Please explain!

I said "I know of no other spa company that has a better service record..."

Did I say "No one else takes care of their customers?"  No, I said "No one does it better."  I stand by my statement.  Feel free to refute it.

I said "There are some other top-notch spa companies out there..."

Did you even read that part?

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 03:51:38 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 04:20:45 pm »
TKO, first round.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 04:24:37 pm »
Yo, Aaaaaaadddddrrrrrriiiiiieeeeeeennnnn! 8)

Terminator

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 05:24:29 pm »
Hi, In Michigan at my shop you would pay about $6000 for the 110volt Sovereign and add about $300 for the 230volt model.  The Accolade just went down in price to $7300 but we would take $6900 on floor models.  Add about $350 for ozone and $450 for cover cradles.  Hope that helps on the pricing!  By the way, once again I think East TX hits the nail on the head!!  We are at opposite ends of the country but in total agreement on the quality of HS.  Can't go wrong with them either way!  Personal preference is for the Vanguard...I am not a fan of the limited seating in an Accolade.  Good Luck!

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 08:56:54 pm »
  Ignore the quaint remarks BP. It's the kind of aggressive, argumentative attitude I got from two HS dealers around here and that I've seen written about in other posts. I'm sure there are some top-notch HS dealers out there, and other spa makers may have some dealers and sales people that are not the easiest to get along with, but HS may be among the industry leaders in this one.  paul  
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 01:53:31 am »
Paul,
You should get to know the people you are talking about before you assume too much. Backpains is a good gal but her comments were way off base if you read what E-Tx posted and E-Tx is hardly an "aggressive, argumentative HS dealer". No offense intended by my sophmoric humor but people gotta read and think twice before posting (myself included).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 09:36:33 am »
PaulMc, the original poster asked a question about HotSpring.  I felt like, since I do sell HotSpring, that I should try to answer them as objectively as I could.  I believe I did.

Backpains evidently felt like I had somehow sleighted Coleman, which obviously I did not.  Never even considered them.

I'm sorry if some HotSpring dealer somewhere ruffled your feathers.  There are good and bad apples everywhere.  I spend my time here trying to answer shopper's questions as best as I can.  Do I have an agenda?  Yes, to some extent I do, same as everyone else here that takes the time to help.  But I could care less if you spend your money on a HotSpring, Sundance, Sunrise, or SeaMonkey spa, it's your money.

If someone comes on here and asks a question about HotSpring and I can help answer, I'm going to.  If you want to keep following on my tail and making snide remarks, that's your prerogative as well.  It simply detracts from helping people and it foments bad blood.

Spatech t.u.o., thank you for that word of encouragement, I appreciate it.

Terminator  

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 12:21:10 pm »
I spend my time here trying to answer shopper's questions as best as I can.Terminator  

Ok then here is question #1.

If the rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain, where the heck does the rest of it fall?

I read all your posts with interest, mostly cause I don't want to get shot.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 12:25:36 pm »

Ok then here is question #1.

If the rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain, where the heck does the rest of it fall?

Ray

Down the drain, silly! ;D

Terminator

Rayman

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 12:36:10 pm »

Down the drain, silly! ;D

Terminator

Would that drain completely empty the tub or would you needs wooden orrs to get the rain out of the seats, or would I need to siphon.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 12:51:27 pm »

Rayman

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 12:55:42 pm »
http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1125162724

This post should provide you with the necessary answers. ;)

Terminator

Exactly.......

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 12:55:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42