What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: CLEARWATER SPAS  (Read 4360 times)

KARPFISH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
CLEARWATER SPAS
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:50:52 am »
Does anyone have any information on the quality and reliability of the Clearwater Spa?  They have been in business since 1976 and I can find very limited information about them on message boards good or bad.  They also claim to have a chemical free system called genesis that doesn't require chemicals.  They are using some kind of Salt's for water purification.

Any information about the company or the chemical free options would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Hot Tub Forum

CLEARWATER SPAS
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:50:52 am »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: CLEARWATER SPAS
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 08:55:36 am »
The genesis system turns salts into either chlorine or bromine.

Dont be fooled, this does not result in a "chemical free" tub nor does it mean you dont have to buy chemicals.

You will still need to balance the water in your spa. I have long had an issue with pool companies that sell salt systems as "chemical free" or "you'll never have to buy chemicals". Water balance is still required. Oxidizing (shocking) is still required.

The water will feel different, softer and silkier. You will not have to but pucks or granular sanitizer unless you use it as an oxidizer).

Those are my thougts on salt. I have no experience with Clearwater, so I will reserve comment.

Is there a Clearwater dealer near you? I think, and many here will agree, a local dealer is very important to provide:
1. A wet test
2. Local service from the people you purchased from
3. Advice on water care and how to use your spa.
Homeworks Financing Representative

KARPFISH

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 06:19:11 pm »
Yes their is sales show room right off the manufacturing facility where the hot tubs are built.  Thank you again for the information.  Is this one of the few hot tubs with a gensis system?  The reason I am asking is because I have been talking to several dealers and they never mentioned a gensis system.

The other claim the sales person made was that with the gensis system the water only needed to be changed once every year and not every 3 months with systems using pucks and Ozonators.  If the salt produce the clorine and bromine I would think that the water change should be about the same every 3 months and not a year as was quoted by the sales person.

Since I am finding limited information on current or former owners of clearwater spas, would it be wise to ask the sales person for other owners of the spas.  She may only give me the contacts that love their spas and would buy no other.  The owners that are having problems or have replaced their clearwater with another brand, those names I would not recieve.

Thank you again for the information.

airheads

• '05 SD Maxxus!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 09:12:17 pm »
You must be in the Woodinville area.  I checked out Clearwater Spas in their Bellevue store.  It was one of the first dealers I looked at.  They told me the same stuff about the water only needing to be changed once a year etc.  I think the Genesis is just their name for the purification or "chemicals" that they use.  Every manufacturer has their own system, or name for the system they use.  If Clearwater is one of the first places you have looked I would urge you to look at the other dealers in the area so you can get an idea of the different spas out there.  I checked out Jacuzzi, Caldera, Hot Springs, Cal Spas, Artesian and Sundance in the general area before I made my choice.  You may find that the Clearwater is the one for you, but it's good to do dry and wet tests of models you are interested in.

tootall

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:15:36 pm »
Well Clear water spas are I think good I have a dealer in my home town that sells both Jacuzzie and clear water. His compition is Marquis I felt all three were great but I love the epic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 10:15:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42