What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jeez!  Sky high price quote on Epic.  (Read 5231 times)

Hankster

• A soaker seeker
Jeez!  Sky high price quote on Epic.
« on: August 28, 2005, 06:38:59 pm »
I've just been given a quote of $11,500 for a Marquis Epic.  Seems like highway robbery, but then again in South Carolina we're about as far away from the manufacturer as you can get.  Is transportation really that big a factor?  Price includes setup, cover, lifter, steps, and some free chemicals.

The dealer was really pressuring me to take a 2004 Euphoria Silver Anniversary that's been sitting on the floor awhile, and I think the Epic quote was to try and keep me focused on the Euphoria.

Any thoughts on that price for delivery to the southeast?

Hot Tub Forum

Jeez!  Sky high price quote on Epic.
« on: August 28, 2005, 06:38:59 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Jeez!  Sky high price quote on Epic.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 08:27:05 pm »
Hankster,

As a Marquis dealer I would feel it inappropriate to comment on your price, I would look here for pricing guidelines  as in the last few weeks Epics seem to be quite popular, as they should be, because they really are a wonderful spa. I would suggest you let your  dealer know that your interest really is in the Epic and let that if you find a fair deal that it is the spa you would like to own......Good Luck....

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 08:37:34 pm »
I just paid $9999.00 for an Artesian Piper Glen, here in Charlotte. This is about $1000.00 more then I've seen other post. But the HS and Calderas that I looked at were also more then what I've seen posted in other areas. I think there is more to it then shipping. The cost of doing business(rent, electricity, employees) varies from area to area. I'm sure that demand is also a factor. Look at other other dealers in the area a see if there prices are also higher, it might just be that your not going to get the same deal as someone in Texas or someone in Nevada.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 09:19:37 pm »
I had a telephone (ie non-negotiated quote) of $8,900 for the Epic.  I would venture the dealer can do better if he/she chooses.  If not, I suggest you look elsewhere for a subtantial savings.  $11K + is not reasonable in my opinion.  There are other fine tubs.  Don't allow the tri-zone to be a sticking point.  You can do it manually with jets in other tubs.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 10:50:23 pm »
That it there standard MSRP that they have listed locally in Portland, where I just bought our Epic.  I paid $8,400 (did not include the stereo or delivery but everything else).  I would think you should be able to get them under $10,000 for that spa.

tootall

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 11:22:18 pm »
Well lets look at fuel cost on the left coast in Washington diesle is 3.00 a gallon so the cost is placed back on the coustomer. Sad but true.

TTyacke

• Marquis Epic Owner
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 12:19:02 am »
I don't think that it would cost $2,000 to get that spa across country, unless it is a very small dealer ordering one at a time.  I have heard people in LA and Colorado getting better rates that I got, but we are very happy with the spa.  It was delivered Yesterday.

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 12:23:35 am »
I don't think that it would cost $2,000 to get that spa across country, unless it is a very small dealer ordering one at a time.  I have heard people in LA and Colorado getting better rates that I got, but we are very happy with the spa.  It was delivered Yesterday.

The Epic does seem to be a very good spa.

I am intrested in hear what OWNERS (not dealers please) think of the Tri-zone. I have wet tested it and have my own opinion of pro/cons but am intersted to hear from other current OWNERS of the Epic (Reminder Dealers: I dont want to hear from dealers. I have heard the pitch from Marquis and non Marquis too).

Thanks

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2005, 03:16:34 am »
Wolf-racer,

Since I am a Marquis dealer I am not going to comment about the tri-zone except to say that from reading some of your posts about it, I wonder if you had a good understanding of how it works, this would certainly be no fault of yours if you did not, I am just not sure your dealer did a good job of showing you how to really utilize the jetting options. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here or in a PM and I will do my best to be of help.

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 09:49:15 am »
Wolf-racer,

Since I am a Marquis dealer I am not going to comment about the tri-zone except to say that from reading some of your posts about it, I wonder if you had a good understanding of how it works, this would certainly be no fault of yours if you did not, I am just not sure your dealer did a good job of showing you how to really utilize the jetting options. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them here or in a PM and I will do my best to be of help.

Nah, I fully understand it and have wet tested it two times. But thanks.

I am just looking for some feedback from current owners and their pros/cons after they have got it home.

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 11:27:42 am »
I've been off the board for 10 days.  We took a trip to Mackinac Island, MI.  It was beautiful, great weather, a break from the hot Florida sun.  This was the first post I read since returning.

I think the price of $11,500 is very high.  We ordered our tub 8/6/05, so I don't think prices have gone up that much.  We got the Epic for $7900 including the stereo system, setup, delivery, etc.

I LOVE the Epic, but I think you can negotiate a better price.
2005 Marquis Epic

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2005, 04:10:52 pm »

The Epic does seem to be a very good spa.

I am intrested in hear what OWNERS (not dealers please) think of the Tri-zone. I have wet tested it and have my own opinion of pro/cons but am intersted to hear from other current OWNERS of the Epic (Reminder Dealers: I dont want to hear from dealers. I have heard the pitch from Marquis and non Marquis too).

Thanks

No current Epic owners on the board today?

Hopefully this is not confirming my thinking that the majority of the folks on this board are dealers!

Real interested in getting some owners feedback...

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2005, 04:36:11 pm »
You might want to look again but you have posts from several Epic owners....

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2005, 04:49:25 pm »
You might want to look again but you have posts from several Epic owners....

Chill dude.

Just checking to see if there are epic owners on this board TODAY to give some feedback to real world thoughts on Tri-Flow.

poopsy

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:46:51 pm »
lol....i am going to wet test this week the epic..but i wont pay that much...between $8-8500 i am looking for a spa...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2005, 10:46:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42