What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Emerald Rocks!  (Read 2722 times)

newbbie

Emerald Rocks!
« on: August 29, 2005, 02:28:20 pm »
Went with an Emerald 599 after looking and testing many others.  Love it, Love it, Love it!  Great power, quiet, nice jet selection and arrangement, comfortable seating, and LOCAL SERVICE!  At least until the company goes adios, if the rumors on this board are true.  Warranty is maybe not as good as some others, hopefully we will take good care of our massive investment and not require a lot of warranty work.  
A question- are all tubs this size so darn heavy??  This thing weighs like 850-900 lbs dry, it was a beast to move.  
So as a new tub owner, what are the keys to the longevity of my tub (er, I mean spa, I got torched at the Marquis dealership calling them tubs!)
And- I have heard several filter cleaning recommendations- from muratic acid to automatic dishwasher detergent, what gives?  What do the long time owners/dealers like?  And does it change with a pressurized system like the emerald??

Hot Tub Forum

Emerald Rocks!
« on: August 29, 2005, 02:28:20 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Emerald Rocks!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 02:31:20 pm »
Congrats on your tub! I hope you have many years of hot water! And may your water be blessed with little maintenence..lots of happy times...and many star gazing hours!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005, 02:34:52 pm »

What do the long time owners/dealers like?  And does it change with a pressurized system like the emerald??

"Pressurized system"

What?

What's the pressurized system?  I am confused.  ???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 02:36:59 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

newbbie

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005, 02:52:31 pm »
Oh man, we are getting back to all the pitches I have been thrown the last 2 months!  From my understanding, some systems "draw" water from a skimmer arrangement over a filter, while some (I think most now) run the water through the filter under pressure from the pump on low speed.  I stayed in a condo in CO this summer with a '99 sundance with the skimmer arrangement, so having seen both I think I understand the diff better.  BUT- I bet some of the dealers here can clue us in better.  I just wondered what that means for filter cleaning and care, if it changes with the type of system.  Inquiring minds want to know...........

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005, 02:54:24 pm »
Newbbie-

Where in Colorado did you stay?

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 02:58:54 pm »
Huh. Newbie I am just an enthusiast, not a pro or a dealer. I never heard that term "presurized"  tossed around.  So don't take my questoning as you said something wrong.....

I've heard of bypass filtration and such. It sounds like you've got a circ pump going. ?
07 Caldera Geneva

newbbie

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 03:14:09 pm »
Hot Tub Guru-
We stay in the Wildernest area a week in July and a week in August.  Usually book a condo through owners or management agencies.  

Drewstar-
Oh, no offense taken at all, I am just that, a newbie.  I have read a little about the filtration systems somewhere, I think that is where I got the terminology, as well as from sales reps.  By pressurized, I mean that the water is pumped through the filter by the main pump, and does it ever blast!  There is a release valve to let air out after you open the filter cover, and once the air is purged, the water shoots out of there like a pressure washer.  And, oh yea, don't forget to tighten the filter cover- I did- what a wet mess, blasted water everywhere.  Wife and kids found it funny.  So did my new friend Mr. Emerald Dealer.  I don't think it has a circ pump, rather programmable filter cycles run by the main pump 2x per day, from 2-8 hours each from what I can remember from the manual.  I just left it on the 6hr defaults.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 03:24:10 pm »
Well that certainly does sound pressurized then.  :)  and entertaining.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 03:24:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42