What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: final decision time  (Read 9334 times)

oog

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
final decision time
« on: August 24, 2005, 03:19:53 pm »
We can not thank everyone enough for the postings and information while we've gone through this process.  We've narrowed it to three and looking for your input.  

Choice 1:  Hot spot Mallorca.  $5650   Includes steps, cover, w/bar, ozone, delivery, We liked it but weren't nuts, felt pressured to sign in the water, and as we discussed the price nothing was included, which was disconcerting.  The store is established, the sales staff not going anywhere and we like that a lot.  

Choice 2:  Jacuzzi 335 $6200 all the bells and whistles included 10 year warranty on shell, the Mallorca had 5 and the store is a par 4 away.  Sales guy about 23, and we don't expect to see him again when school starts, we still have to wet test this, but very comfortable and love the coziness in a tub this size.  

Choice 3:  Coleman 107 $5350.  Best sales staff of the three, had to go to another store to wet test and liked him as much as we liked the staff we'd be buying from.  Very well established.  Loved the comfortability, adjustability, durability of this tub with a 7 year warranty.  Greatr massage.  Drawback is that dealer is a three hour drive but they guarantee a closer service dealer due to the distance.  Delivery not included with this, but getting other perks that easily make up for this, because of  the inconvienence.  

We are leaning strongly to Coleman.  The Jacuzzi isn't worth a grand more, and the comfort level with the staff and Coleman's assurance of closer service is fine.  

Is it worth locking in a price now or will they drop as the weather gets colder? We live in VA

That's about it, thanks.  

Hot Tub Forum

final decision time
« on: August 24, 2005, 03:19:53 pm »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: final decision time
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 03:24:54 pm »
ogg!

Congrats on your three choices, between these three tubs I think your going to get a good tub no matter which one you decide. I'm not familiar with the Coleman 107 I have the 461...paid 5700 for it that was including a 100 dollar delivery charge. My dealer is 1 1/2 away from me and was my choice out of the 5 tubs I wet tested due to the fact that I was very comfortable with the dealer (can't say enough about Jim!  ;D ) and I loved the feel of the 461. Very good luck with your choice of tubs and I hope you'll be in spatopia very soon!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2005, 04:49:37 pm »
W Drawback is that dealer is a three hour drive but they guarantee a closer service dealer due to the distance.    

I would pick a closer dealer if all else is equal.  I have about 15 dealers within 20 minutes of me, just spoiled I guess, the dealer I bought from is just down the street walking distance.  Good luck in your search.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 05:40:59 pm »
I really like my Jacuzzi, but the 6.2k price for a 335 seems high. I haven't had my 345 for a year and paid 5.8k. Didn't get the ozonator or led light (put in aftermarket) so I'm not sure what the difference would be.

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 05:49:57 pm »
You can't go wrong with the Mallorca.  Anything made by HS is top notch and the fact that the dealership is close and established will guarantee you will have no problems with spa owenership.  I think the Jaccuzzi is a good spa but am a little less impressed by the quality of the Coleman's I run into.  Check with a few independent service techs in your area and ask them which brands have the least/most problems...it will help you clarify your decision.  Good luck!

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 06:52:03 pm »
two thoughts here.....wet tested the Mallorca before I bought my J-345 (now I have the 355 but that's another story - loved the 345)

Mallorca is a great spa, but the jet pressure simply doesn't compare IMHO to the Jacuzzi, with the 2 pumps and diverters and air controls.  

With that said, if all you want is to soak in hot water with a few bubbles, get the Mallorca - very solid.  However, if you are interested in more therapy get the the Jacuzzi.

IMO...

Mark

tootall

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2005, 08:16:57 pm »
Just wet test wet test and wet test and then make your choice off that and you won't fail on get  whats best for you.

Backpains

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 11:28:30 am »
You can't go wrong with the Mallorca.  Anything made by HS is top notch and the fact that the dealership is close and established will guarantee you will have no problems with spa owenership.  I think the Jaccuzzi is a good spa but am a little less impressed by the quality of the Coleman's I run into.  Check with a few independent service techs in your area and ask them which brands have the least/most problems...it will help you clarify your decision.  Good luck!

Ok scott..I'll bite...What is wrong with Coleman's quality!?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 11:38:09 am »
Check with a few independent service techs in your area and ask them which brands have the least/most problems...it will help you clarify your decision.  Good luck!

Good idea.

Also, I would also get in writing whether there will be any type of trip charge for warranty work from the dealer who is not local. Having a dealer 3 hrs away would make me feel uneasy but I'm not saying it would be a deal breaker necessarily.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wetnwildspafun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 11:41:33 am »
I cant see prices dropping as the weather gets cooler. On the contrary, Ive seen prices INCREASE on these items. You might find them lowering the price a bit for an 05 model if the 06's are due in and they need to make room. Most dealers from what Ive been told dont see new year models till late winter, early spring.

If YOU think its a good deal, and YOU are comfortable with the price, and YOU like the spa, then get it.

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 11:43:44 am »

Good idea.

Also, I would also get in writing whether there will be any type of trip charge for warranty work from the dealer who is not local. Having a dealer 3 hrs away would make me feel uneasy but I'm not saying it would be a deal breaker necessarily.

It would be a deal breaker for me, I did have problems with my purchase and I would have hated doing what i had to do from 3 hours away.  Even the best tubs will have problems that are minor if you are 20-30 minutes away, but they will major if you have to go there or visaversa.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

scott10367

• I live to spa and spa to live!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 11:52:05 am »

Ok scott..I'll bite...What is wrong with Coleman's quality!?

I can only speak from my local experience regarding Coleman.  The local area actually has two dealers who are both on the shady side and don't take care of their customers...so we end up working on some of them.  I have seen an unusually high number of heater/pump problems.  I am also not thrilled with their covers.  They do not always exactlly match the spa.  Nothing personal though! :-)  If you are having no problems then it was the perfect spa for you!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 12:43:28 pm »
3 hours away is too far.  Find a spa you like that is supported by a reputable, local dealer.  When I first started looking at spas, I was interested in Emerald, but their nearest dealer is in Ft Meyers, FL, and I live in West Palm Beach.  probably 2 plus hours away.  The Emerald people told me not to buy their spa because in their opinion the dealer could not properly support the product from that distance.  I am still impressed by their honesty and integrity.  You should follow their advice.  Besides, you have two pretty good options.

Regards,

Bill

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 02:02:59 pm »
oog,

I have the j335 and love it.  I chose it over the 345 because of the lounger, and have found that although I don't use it as much as I thought I would, it is nice to have.

The main thing for me is I love the jets, especially the therapy seat and the open seating rather than the really molded seats in other models made it easy to chose.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have tested an Artesian in Melborne.

Backpains

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 02:36:07 pm »

I can only speak from my local experience regarding Coleman.  The local area actually has two dealers who are both on the shady side and don't take care of their customers...so we end up working on some of them.  I have seen an unusually high number of heater/pump problems.  I am also not thrilled with their covers.  They do not always exactlly match the spa.  Nothing personal though! :-)  If you are having no problems then it was the perfect spa for you!

I've not had a problem with the tub or my dealer. I did have a crack in the plastic peice on the control panel and my dealer replaced it with no problem so I've not had a problem with any of the parts or my dealer. I think truly that if your happy with your dealer your going to be happy with your tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 02:36:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42