What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Can't keep it up  (Read 1898 times)

JJ

• Vita Nuage
Can't keep it up
« on: August 27, 2005, 01:31:52 pm »
I am despairing of ever getting my ph to the optimum level.  I don't chase it, I only check it once a week, I have not used a ph lock product.  TA is about 100.  Every week I check it when the Free chlorine is low so it does not bleach out the strip, and it usually is 6.8.  I add the correct amount of PH up according to the bottle, wait a week, and it is right back at 6.8

This has got to be driving my TDS up.  Does anyone else have this problem?  The ph one, I mean.

Hot Tub Forum

Can't keep it up
« on: August 27, 2005, 01:31:52 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Can't keep it up
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 01:56:41 pm »
I'm using baking soda to raise my PH and get it to about 7.4 or so and do have to adjust it weekly.

I notice that my PH goes down as I use the tub but when I shock then it drops!

My advice is to do what your doing and don't really pay too much attention to alkalinity - keep monitoring your PH. I just did my water testing this morning and I shocked on Thursday night, my PH was below 7.0 and I had to add about 5 tablespoons to get it up over 7.2.

Dichlor has a PH of about 7 and MPS (if you're using it) has a PH of 4 (I think).

As far as TDS, I'm too new to give advice there but I'm planning to just drain and refill every 4 months, I don't check for TDS at this time.

You're not alone! ;D

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 02:34:56 pm »
How long after you "add the correct amount of PH up" do you check the pH again?

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 03:52:21 pm »
I usually check ph on Saturday morning, and add the amount it calls for on the bottle.  Then I don't check it until the next week.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 03:52:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42