What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA SPAS  (Read 4390 times)

mooser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
LA SPAS
« on: August 19, 2005, 04:41:18 pm »
Does anyone have any info on the la spas h2 paradise hot tub good or bad ? thank you.

Hot Tub Forum

LA SPAS
« on: August 19, 2005, 04:41:18 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: LA SPAS
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 04:49:55 pm »
I felt bad for you on this after no one answered...

LA has had it's ups and downs in the last few years. They are really trying for their market share however they were recently bought out and had a fairly large turn over before that.

To my knowledge D1 has recently come down on them legally over the ozone contact chamber and they ran into some other legalities over shell molds with MAAX.

What I would tell you is that from what I've seen (I started with LA Spas year ago and sold them for 3 years) they are a mediocre spa at best but priced like one of the higher rated brands.

Bottom line is that if you really like what you see wet test it and see if it fits your budget, otherwise I would look at Marquis, D1, Hotspring, Coleman, MAAX Elite and Caldera to name a few.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 06:40:37 pm by stuart »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:52:31 pm »
I sold a few in Phoenix. What was teh question?
-SpaMan~

mooser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 06:37:42 pm »
i am looking for some info on LA spas tubs . I am looking at a paradise h2 tub, any info you could offer would be appreciated. it includes deluxe cover lifter ozone, stainless jets chems, delivery and setup running b4 rep leaves with ultimate water management systemthe dealer said full foam would be better , at no charge of course. I've also wet tested it and the sundance optima and the maxxus and also wet test a pacifictub and like the room in the L.A.   .please advise
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 06:47:30 pm by mooser »

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 12:15:52 am »
I think that you should go with the spa that best fits your needs and budget.  If you wet tested and like it, buy it.
I cant speak to the legal stuff Stu mentioned  because I have no knowledge of any of that.  I do know that LA was bought by a multi million dollar firm that has been putting alot of money into LA Spas.

As far as shell molds, I think shell simulating is pretty common.  For example: Artesian came out with a "new" design last year and called it the Saba, which is identical to the Natural by LA.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 10:28:45 am »
I was waiting for salesdvl to respond!

mooser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 12:51:52 pm »
vinny do you have any additional  info to offer  and what do you know about L.A.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 12:53:42 pm by mooser »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 02:04:08 pm »
As far as shell molds, I think shell simulating is pretty common.  For example: Artesian came out with a "new" design last year and called it the Saba, which is identical to the Natural by LA.  

Do you know why...?....The designer from LA spas is now with Artesian ....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 02:12:31 pm »
mooser,

Unfortunately I don't. I do know that salesdvl works for LA now.

I did see LA SPAS  a while ago when I was just starting to think about buying a spa. The place I looked at had them all decked out in LED lights and Stereo and maybe even a TV - it had too many frills for me. I didn't get past that look. I bought an Artesian Grand Cayman which is almost identical in looks to the LA Concorde without the frills.

There's one person on these boards that bought the Concorde and loves it. Being a consumer and not in the industry my feeling is unless you know something is crap,  if you feel it's right - buy it.

At $10K (I'm assuming that's your price range), there's an awful lot of tubs you can look at but YOU have to be happy with it! If you're second guessing it then maybe it's not right or ask them to hold the price for 1 week so you can think about it.

Good luck!

Vinny

mooser

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 06:43:03 pm »
NO I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE WENT TO ARTISAN , COULD YOU ELABORATE PLEASE.  p.s. thanks e1
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:45:03 pm by mooser »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 08:18:10 pm »
NO I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE WENT TO ARTISAN , COULD YOU ELABORATE PLEASE.  p.s. thanks e1

lol....how would I know his personal reasons for leaving his job.....maybe money...maybe location....I really do not know but I do know that this happened in the last 12 months....I do not know if it means all that much other than you will certainly see spa designs that are similar ...

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 03:25:15 pm »

Do you know why...?....The designer from LA spas is now with Artesian ....

Yes, I know.  It's the same reason LA has a very similar ozone mixing chamber to D-One.  The way I heard it was that D-One let the designer put his name on the patent so when he came to LA it wasnt that difficult to put together a new one.  D-One's legal manuevering failed because his name was on the patent too.
Measure once, cut twice.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 04:01:04 pm »
I would have very much liked to have been able to test soak the Solera, but the dealer is too far and we have others brand from which to chose.  I thought it was a very interesting footprint.  The dealer that formerly carried it suggested it was problematic.

salesdvl

m not aware of any Re: LA SPAS
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2005, 04:30:56 pm »
I am not aware of anything "problematic" with the Solera.  Sometimes dealers that no longer carry a line will say things to justify why they dont sell them any more.
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: m not aware of any LA SPAS
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 05:03:06 pm »
 Sometimes dealers that no longer carry a line will say things to justify why they dont sell them any more.

That happened to me at Master Spa dealer - they dropped or were dropped by Hot Springs because customers who compared the two brands wouldn't buy HS. Or so he said ...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: m not aware of any LA SPAS
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2005, 05:03:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42