What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clean water in D1, Caldera, or Marquis  (Read 2269 times)

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Clean water in D1, Caldera, or Marquis
« on: August 25, 2005, 11:54:47 pm »
I am considering the D1 California, Caldera Geneva, or Marquis Epic. I am just a consumer trying to make the most informed decision as I can.

All of them have pro's and con's. I have wet tested all but the D1, which I plan to do so soon. It will probably come down to the best price as I think they are all pretty good overall.

My recent question is this:

The D1 and the Marquis both have Ozone contact chamber's. I think the D1 is 35 ft and the Marquis is 25 ft. I think the Caldera has something similar. The Marquis Epic does not have a 24 hour pump, but runs the main pump at low speed for 4 hours per day. To me this means the Marquis will not keep the water as clean since the Ozone will only be working 4 hours per day instead of 24 hours per day. The Marquis will change the water as many gallons (maybe more) per day, but it is only doing it 2 times a day. The 24 hour pumps 24 hours, but at a much lower rate.

I know Marquis says 24 hours pumps fail the most, which is probalby true, but they cheaper than a big pump. I know this is true too:

"The 24 Hr Circ pumps have a greater fail rate than the 2 speed system per capita...A 24 hour circ pump draws .98 amps and runs 24 hours moving every drop of water in the spa through the filter around 20 times per day. The pump system that Marquis now has draws 1.2 amps on the filter setting and moves every drop of water through the filter over 60 times a day.  " (quote from a reply I got on another topic).

So even if the Marquis filters the water 60 times day, it is only doing it in 4 hours and only using ozone in these 4 hours.

So, does one way keep the water as clean as the other? My thinking is the Marquis will have to use more chemicals and not rely on the ozone as much as the 24 hour pump with a contact chamber. Is my thinking right on this? If so, this might be a main factor to stay away from the Marquis. I am not a huge fan of the tri-flow (marketing in my mind), but really like other things of the Marquis Epic.

I am sure some dealers will chime in. I would be interested to hear from current owners of D1, Caldera, or Marquis on what their real world experience is on this.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 12:02:45 am by Wolf_Racer »

Hot Tub Forum

Clean water in D1, Caldera, or Marquis
« on: August 25, 2005, 11:54:47 pm »

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
Re: Clean water in D1, Caldera, or Marquis
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 02:30:21 am »
I purchase my first spa ever a 04 Marquis Euphoria in May of 04. Zero Problems with water clearity. Zero problems with the spa. I use Soft Soak with very little effert. If I spend more than two minutes adding 4 to 6 oz of chemicals one day a week I am busting my ass. I change my water every six months because I just do not need to do it any more often.

As you may have read post I have Green or Brown water HELP Hurry HELP. I know you never read a post from me screaming for help with my water.

I clean my filters twice a month and every three months I swap them with a clean set on filters. I just rotate them.

Personaly, I am not a dealer or an expert. I am a novice at this and don't really know what all this fuss is about brand.

Buy what you like only after a wet test. Stick with the top six best brands Marquis, Hot Springs, Sundance, D-1, Caldera ect. and make sure you have a great dealer.

Fill your tub with it's first water batch and plan on changing it within a month because you will probably screw up the water chemistry with a little of this and a little of that because you are like a mother hen with it.
Don't worry your not the first. Besided there is junk in the lines from the factory wet test and it is not good.

Also wash your bathing suit in fresh clean water 4 or 5 times so you don't foam up your new spa from your laudry soap.

People are here to help you but some just make more of it than is needed. If you have a great dealer and one of the top brands you will be just fine.

If there is anything here that you find value in is this. If you can combine a top quality spa with a top quality dealer you will be in Spatopia. Anything else will cost you later.

drprwnap

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 08:54:20 am »
Wolf Racer,
You are looking at some great spas! When I decided on the Epic, it came down to feel, for me.  I looked at HS, Coleman, and Sundance.  I figured any one would keep the water as clean as the others.  From my research I discovered two things:
1. Ozone HELPS your sanitizer keep the water clear/clean
2. Routine water care is essential no matter which tub you purchase.
Again, I would base my decision on which tub FEELS best for you as any one will keep the water clean with proper water maintenance.
Good luck!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 08:57:34 am »
From what I have learned, ozone has a very short life in hot water, so you can't really judge how clear your water will be based on the ozone system.  I think it's more of a way to reduce the amount of chemicals and maintainance needed to keep the water clean, right??

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:06:05 am »
Wolf Racer,

Without getting into a lengthy dissertation let me just say that the differences between any of these spas in terms of water quality would be almost immeasurable.  You should make your decision on the basis of ergonomics as a primary consideration, and product support next.  Wet test, wet test, wet test.  Things like the filtration system, the pumps, the heater, the type of insulation, and so forth are used by unscrupulous sales people to confuse the unwary.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:06:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42