What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: arctic pumps and heaters  (Read 12700 times)

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: arctic pumps and heaters
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 08:26:49 pm »
Stabone-

Good explaination!

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 08:26:49 pm »

stabone

• Just Bring It !!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 09:35:41 pm »
  Me and Steve go at it all the time, we have even had it out on the phone.    Everyone needs to loosen up on here, if you want to start running smack, which Steve has been lately, ( Which I love).    I wanted to get some people fired up, this forum has been really boring lately.     It is a saying, not actual fighting....    loosen up a little.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 06:41:41 am »
But some TP manufacturers are adjusting the foam around the equipment to create a sweet spot where the pump motor heat can transfer through the foam and through the plumbing into the vessel. The heat created or "warmth" would be a better term, also keeps the foam sprayed on the shell as warm as the water inside thus creating 0 heat loss during run times. Add to that the benifit of less heat loss during non run times because of the foam and thermal barrier on the cabinet (assuming the R-Factor is higher) and what happens? Is it possible it runs less that an Arctic? The only unknown here is if the R-Factor is higher and that depends on the brand. So no one can assume anything here.

Good post Stabone but a few holes.
Retired

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 07:54:34 am »
If the warm water is used to heat the air space, then wouldn't that air space be pulling heat from the water?  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 08:23:08 am »
Yes it would.  And unless you keep the cabinet insulated and sealed from drafts, especially in cold climates, the heat would then transfer out of the cabinet.  
Brewman
Brewman

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 08:59:14 am »
    What is with this question about the other 16 to 20 hors a day that the tub is not filtering.  What do other TP tubs do during those times, Arctic does the same.  If the heater needs to come on it does, just like any other tub.

Didn't you just contradict yourself again? Above you state the heater is there to maintain the temperature when the cover is off. 
Homeworks Financing Representative

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 09:54:39 am »
Drewster no fords here.  I drive VW JETTA.

Oh yeah and my rare special edition Dodge Grand Caravan, silver, Oh yeah I know.  Oh and it is a sports edition.  She goes like stink.

Dont be jealouse, they are hard to come by, but it was just the right time.  Im thinking about restoring it a bit, man when I drive the mini van, heads turn, i feel like a king.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 12:32:17 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nothin turns those heads like a "sports edition" minivan! It a freakin CHICK MAGNET!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 12:44:57 pm »
Bosco...Pot some pics when you finally pimp out your mini van.  ;)

Geting back to TP tubs, My concern is TP tubs claim to be more energy efficent.  I haven't  found a straight answer on this, or decent data that would suggest it is.  Then again, I haven't  seen info that claims it isn't.
07 Caldera Geneva

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 01:14:16 pm »
here's why...

MOST MAJOR MANUFACTURERS SPAS OPERATE AT A VERY SIMILAR COST OVER THE PERIOD OF A YEAR!!

We debate this but yet there's still guys like Stabby that feel the need to debate this further. It's splitting hairs guys and the debate isn't about who's spa consumes less energy over the course of a year, but rather putting this fictional idea of Arctic supremacy to bed!

You guys aren't any better when it comes to efficiency so it's time to make peace with that. I know it hurts... :-/

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 03:43:07 pm »
No Steve I think Chas should make an argument for why his Hot Spring spas are the most effiecient and superior to all other FF tubs.

Chris should make an argument for why his Sundance spas are the most effiecient and superior to all other FF tubs.

Mendo should make an argument for why his Marquis spas are the most effiecient and superior to all other FF tubs.

Spahappy should make an argument for why her Coleman spas are the most effiecient and superior to all other TP tubs.

I apologize if I left anyone out. Please add your name to the list and argue why your spa is superior.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 07:34:21 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 04:47:01 pm »
I apologize if I left anyone out. Please add your name to the list and argue why your spa is superior.

My name is J. Ay and my Super Duper Custom spas are far superior to anything out there.  They are so efficient, they feed excess electricity back into the power grid.   They are so technicollogically advanced even UL and ETL can't figure out how to test them.  So neener, neener, neener!
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 04:47:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42