What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita &Saratoga Spas  (Read 5179 times)

amat1950

• Happy Soaker- Tiger River Siberian
Vita &Saratoga Spas
« on: August 22, 2005, 08:25:17 am »
I am new to this Forum and to spas. We just started looking . We checked out the Vita Essence. Any input on this spa?We got a price on an Empire (Saratoga) spa of $8999.00. Does anyone know any thing about Saratoga Spas and If this is a good price?

Hot Tub Forum

Vita &Saratoga Spas
« on: August 22, 2005, 08:25:17 am »

Poohbear66

Re: Vita &Saratoga Spas
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 11:36:52 am »
I would avoid both of those brands if I were you.  Look at a Hot Spring or Sundance and you will be a lot happier!  Good luck!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 11:46:53 am »
I know of a couple of satisfied Vita owners, but have never actually seen on myself.  Search through our archives, the topic does come up every so often.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Soakin

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 12:36:13 pm »
I would avoid both of those brands if I were you.  Look at a Hot Spring or Sundance and you will be a lot happier!

Poohbear:  Just out of curiosity, what is your basis for those statements?

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 12:41:11 pm »
I checked out Saratoga Spas earlier this year but was not thrilled. See my post here

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 01:01:31 pm »
I checked out Saratoga Spas earlier this year but was not thrilled. See my post here

Phil

Same here I was not thrilled with the Saratogas either.

Gary

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 01:27:59 pm »
We have a Vita Spa dealer here in orlando and before I made my final decision, I wet tested their bigger model, which I can't remember the name of.  The neck massager jets were cool, but personally, I was put off by what I felt were flimsy control knobs which fell off or were missing on the models I tested.

Another thing I felt was kinda weird was the dealer kept changing the subject when I was asking about the full foam insulation and brought up some mister feature which misted around the surface and I felt would be pumping stagnant water on my face since it came directly from a hose hookup, NOT a filtered source which is a concern in Florida for me.

Many people say full foam is not necessary in Florida, wood bases are ok despite the year round termite population, and other things to promote their spas, but they made a hard decision easier in may ways for me when I was comparing brands.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:29:12 pm by orlandoguy »

Soakin

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 01:30:47 pm »
I have a 99 Saratoga Pavillion, and have been very satisfied.  Back when I purchased, I felt they were the equal of most products on the market, and a good value, and still do -- although it appears to me that their pricing is now closer to the market.  It is a well made spa, and has been relatively trouble free for us.  The little problems we did have were resolved with no hassle.

Neither of the brands you are considering have a lot of owners posting on this board, but there have been a few posts by happy Vita owners as well.  IMO both are worthy of consideration, but you should also take a look at least one of the "big names", if for no other reason than comparison purposes.  Don't forget to evaluate the dealer as thoroughly as the tub/manufacturer.  Good luck!  

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:23 pm »
I have a Vita spa.  2005 Nuage.  I've had it a month.  I had a Vita Joli for two months before that, but returned it because I wanted a bigger tub.  It works great, heats and cleans water, comfortable and relaxing.  Seems solid and has been dependable so far.  My deciding factor between the Vita and some of the "bigger" brands was the dealer.  He has been in business and with Vita for 15 years.  Many people say stay away from Vita, but no one seems to have any actual facts.  I am a mechanical engineer, went over the spa carefully, and I am satisfied with my purchase thus far.  

This isn't rocket science, there are many good and just a few bad tubs on the market.  Find someone you trust and is in the business for the long haul and buy a tub.

IMHO, the only company out there with anything really different from anybody else (besides quality) is Artesian with their variable flow pumps, which are very cool.  I almost bought one and still lust after the Piper Glen, but the Vita dealer earned my business.

kel444

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 06:09:19 pm »
You might want to check out the Better Business Bureau rating for Saratoga Spas. It got me looking else where. I'm now thinking Marquis. Good Luck

amat1950

• Happy Soaker- Tiger River Siberian
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 07:09:10 am »
I tried to find something on the Saratoga Spas on BBB but could not find anything. Do you have their proper buisness name?

Soakin

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:51:17 pm »
My owner's manual (circa 1999) says:
Saratoga Spa
33 Wade Road
Latham, NY 12110

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 01:51:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42