What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My Journey is over...My Epic has begun!  (Read 4318 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
My Journey is over...My Epic has begun!
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:03:49 pm »
Many of you know that I have had a Marquis Journey model for around 5 years now that I was having difficulty replacing even though I wanted all of the new cool features and additions.

Everyone that ever sat in my Journey commented that it was the most extreme massage that they had ever received in a spa! With three 56 frame pumps on a valving system that ultra complemented the jetting it was hard to beat, until now….

My new Marquis Epic was installed on Friday and I have to tell you that if someone would have told me a spa could be everything this spa is five years ago I wouldn’t have believed them!

For the most part the spa is divided into two halves with one side a bit more shallow then the other. The TriZone Therapy system allows you to maximize Water therapy in specific places by directing 160 GPM pumps to as little as 4 jets at once or open up the whole side on one pump.  

The seating is perfect for me and considered the average height man is 5’9”(That’s the worldwide standard so anyone taller is considered a freak of nature! ;)) I would say that it should fit most buyers much the same way!

Even my 19 year old step son stopped by Saturday night and hopped in, all he had to say when I asked him how he liked it was “I didn’t know a spa could be that cool!” : 8)!

Hot Tub Forum

My Journey is over...My Epic has begun!
« on: August 17, 2005, 05:03:49 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: My Journey is over...My Epic has begun!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:13:45 pm »
Congrats stuart from a taller (and I'm probably larger than you sidways too!) freak of nature!

I hope you got it from a reputable dealer and hopefully he'll treat you right!! ;)

skullydc

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:15:07 pm »
Thanks for all the info you posted stuart, I've enjoyed most of them and learned a lot. I too am considering pulling the trigger on an epic. What type of deal did you get out the door. What was included in your purchase?

I really like the neck jets and the standing wall therapy. only negative I see is no cool down seat

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 07:16:50 pm »
Congratulations stuart!  I know you will enjoy the tub.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:21:13 pm »
Enjoy it Buddy.... :D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 07:31:18 pm »
Thanks for all the info you posted stuart, I've enjoyed most of them and learned a lot. I too am considering pulling the trigger on an epic. What type of deal did you get out the door. What was included in your purchase?

I really like the neck jets and the standing wall therapy. only negative I see is no cool down seat

Stuart got a great deal. Then again he's a Marquis dealer so he can do that. I'm just surprised he waited 5 years to put a new one in his yard. I'd change it out every year if I could, just because I could.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drprwnap

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 07:41:25 pm »
Congrats, stuart!!!
The Epic is a GREAT tub and I don't even have mine yet  :-[ :-[
I am so glad I waited until this tub came out before pulling the trigger on a different model.  This Labor Day weekend I'll be expanding my deck so I can take delivery in Sept.
For all of you looking for a spa, check out the Epic. I'm in Western Pa and bought  it for 7500 plus tax. No stereo. I first thought I wanted one when we first started looking at spas, but then decided that the peace and quiet (along with the hydrotherapy) was more for me.  
ENJOY!!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Duffman

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 08:09:20 pm »
Hi Stuart,

According the the Marquis website, the energy cost is, "less than a dollar a day." This piqued my curiosity since a monthly energy cost in the $30 neighborhood is definitely above average.

I would really appreciate feedback on your typical power bill.

Thanks in advance :-)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 08:10:35 pm by Duffman »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 08:12:39 pm »
Congrats, stuart!!!
The Epic is a GREAT tub and I don't even have mine yet  :-[ :-[
I am so glad I waited until this tub came out before pulling the trigger on a different model.  This Labor Day weekend I'll be expanding my deck so I can take delivery in Sept.
For all of you looking for a spa, check out the Epic. I'm in Western Pa and bought  it for 7500 plus tax. No stereo. I first thought I wanted one when we first started looking at spas, but then decided that the peace and quiet (along with the hydrotherapy) was more for me.  
ENJOY!!

drprwnap  8)

Drprwnap,
Thanks for your enthusiasm and your reply! I do have to tell you though that in my opinion Marquis should either educate your dealer better or find a new dealer...

At the price they sold it to you they will be out of business in the next year with those margins!

If I sold Epics at that my net margin after all costs including overhead would be about 1.06% profit and that's before I pay myself! (I just put it on a margin calculator that we designed).

I'm glad you bought that tub and I'm thrilled that you got that deal however I'm very concerned about the ability of any dealer not making proper margin being there to support you or Marquis in the future!

Have fun and enjoy the best spa out there...!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 08:16:20 pm »
I will say this about energy costs. It is very difficult to give accurate energy costs as they vary so much across the country. and of course usage and water temp always come into to play. But from an energy standpoint we run here in our store a total of 4 to 5 spas wet, along with 2 five ton ac units and our bill is about 300.00 per month. I lost power on our wet epic and granted this was indoors but in 5 full days the temp went from 102 to 92 and those are real numbers.

tootall

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005, 09:00:21 pm »
congrats From a 6'5" freak of nature ;D I have a Epic too I fit well Love the Spa jUst waiting for delivery.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 11:27:24 pm »
Hi Stuart,

According the the Marquis website, the energy cost is, "less than a dollar a day." This piqued my curiosity since a monthly energy cost in the $30 neighborhood is definitely above average.

I would really appreciate feedback on your typical power bill.

Thanks in advance :-)

My Journey was less than $20 per month and in fact closer to $10 per month and it was the same size with more pumps...

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 09:51:12 am »
Nice looking spa....the thing that I love about spa manufacturer web sites is the 'Seating Capacity' figure they give.  If you click on the pic of the spa on the website, it says it 'Seats 7'.  They must use some really thin people with really short legs who are really good friends when they squeeze 7 people into this spa!!!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 10:37:24 am »
Nice looking spa....the thing that I love about spa manufacturer web sites is the 'Seating Capacity' figure they give.  If you click on the pic of the spa on the website, it says it 'Seats 7'.  They must use some really thin people with really short legs who are really good friends when they squeeze 7 people into this spa!!!

That's been a complaint of mine for years! Usually when a manufacture states "Seats 6 to 8" I think they mean with alcohol! ;D

Marquis is usually pretty good about that doesn't typically get into the "Marketing fluff" but I can tell you first hand that it will seat six pretty well...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 10:43:15 am »
Stuart, what color combination did you go with?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2005, 10:43:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42