What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 98 to 100, oh my gaaad  (Read 4442 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
98 to 100, oh my gaaad
« on: August 16, 2005, 10:27:57 pm »
wow, I just increased my temp by 2degrees.  I cant believe it.  I was finding myself a little over heated quickly.  I drank tons of water.

Is it normal to feel queezy while you increase your temp.   Will I get use to it.  In the winter will the cold air help keep me a little cool.  I think the problem was that the air was hot as well and I was having a little trouble with breathing.

Hot Tub Forum

98 to 100, oh my gaaad
« on: August 16, 2005, 10:27:57 pm »

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
Re: 98 to 100, oh my gaaad
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:43 am »
I will second that I keep mine at 96 right now and have NO desire to increase it until the weather starts to cool down. :) We have hardly been in because it's been so warm.  :( I guess we will get used to it .........it's kinda funny that 1- 2 degrees makes that big of a difference huh? :o

Gary

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:56:42 am »
A couple of degrees DOES make a huge difference!  We finally got a break in the weather here and had a relatively cool night (mid 70s).  We've only had the tub a few weeks but what a great soak!!  I've been keeping the tub at 90-91 because of the warm weather, and it was outstanding!!

BTW:  If you are having trouble breathing I would say to get out of the tub for a while.  (Or at least spend some time in the cool off seat!) Remeber, there is plenty of cool weather ahead!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 08:17:35 am »
It is pretty amazing how just a few degrees can matter.  If we keep our spa at 100, we can easily stay in for an hour.  If we go up to 104, it's more like 15 minutes, for just those few degrees.
Brewman
Brewman

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 08:47:26 am »
Ditto what Brewman said. But you should also find that your tolerance for hotter water will increase somewhat. We keep our tub near 101 in the summer then jack it up to 105 in the winter. If you find that your hearts beating a little too quick and you're slightly dizzy afterwards, yes - you should take it down a notch!  ::)

How's the tub so far Bosco?

Jc

How do you know how much you don't know?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 09:04:27 am »
JC the tub is great.  I love it. The only complaint that I would say I have is with the new 2005 bearingless jets.  They feel amazing but you can turn them left to right to shut them off.  I find that they spin sometimes when you move in the seat and they shut off.  That is my only issue with the tub so far.

I find that I have not had any issue with the scaleing or ring around the water line, maybe it is the microban tub finish, I am not sure.

I have been running the tub very hard, lots of soaks, and lots of company. The tub keeps itself very clean.  I have cloudy days here and there but I think that is because of the weathe and the alkalinity.

No leaks like some people say will happen because of loose plumbing.  I am very pleased with my purchase.

Oh yeah, the smell of the cedar when water gets on it is awsome.  I love this tub, oh yeah I dont know if I mentioned this yet, but I love this tub.  ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 09:06:09 am »
Bosco, I'm concerned that you had trouble breathing?

I do know that many can feel faint after getting out of a hot tub becasue of the drop of blood pressure, but trouble breathing Is one I haven't heard of.

07 Caldera Geneva

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 07:00:25 pm »
The first tub I went into was a commercial tub and it was 104 F and it hurt getting in.

My tub has been running at 100 - 101 even with the tub set for 95 and on hot, humid nights I don't go in. I too have the feeling that I can't breathe.

Although I'm a newbie, I think it has something to do with the ambient air temp. I notice that at 70 F outdoor temps the tub feels good at 101. I went in the other night and it was a perfect night as far as summer nights go - somewhat cool and low humidity and 50 minutes later the tub still felt perfect.

My wife likes the water at about 98 F but I don't get anything out of soaking in that cool of water when it's 70 outside.

Maybe as the fall comes you can get into hotter water, just remember you have a baby (If I remember correctly) and IF you put you child in the tub they can get overheated quicker than an adult at temps over 100 and the heat may cause bodily damage.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 07:14:09 am »
yes I do have a baby.  He is going to be two this year, and I was told no hotter than 100 for him.  

I think it was the humidity that got me.  It was around 36 or 37 with humidity the other night, and with the warmth coming up from the water, I was having difficulty finding a cool breath to take.  I continued breathing warm air and it eventually got to me.  

I just got out of my tub from night shift, and the outside temp was alot cooler and I found no problem, other than fact that I can barely stay awake right now. ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 07:36:41 am »
Nothing like a good soak right before bed to knock you out for the evening!
Brewman
Brewman

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
Ok..I keep my tub (lately) at 98 degrees...and my biggest problem is..when I get in my body starts getting used to it..and then Boom! I'm wanting the water warmer! so I "kick it up a notch" to 99 and I'm wonderfully warm..backs starting to not hurt so much (or as much as I think I can handle..I never get a big amount of relief with the hot tub just little moments were I think it's down from 10 to 9 ) anyway...I can hold for about 30 min at 99...but now hubby gets cranky when it's higher!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005, 11:09:30 am »
It is pretty amazing how just a few degrees can matter.  

Experienced tubbers can tell the temp of the water to 1/2 degree F  after awhile.   We used to have a tub when I worked at CompuServe and the temp of that thing was all over the place, but they had a floating thermometer and we could judge the temp perfectly.

And if its under 98, it isn't a hot tub, its a wading pool!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2005, 12:47:34 pm »
And if its under 98, it isn't a hot tub, its a wading pool!

I'll bet you I enjoy my "wading pool" as much as you enjoy your "hot tub"...... ;) ......and funny how my friends comment on how nice the temp is compared to others they've experienced that "burn" them up....I'll just have to let them know it's a wading pool..... ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 03:52:08 pm »
I came close to buying the D1 wading pool/spa after debating a pool purchase.  I still don't know why I didn't.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2005, 03:52:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42