What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waterfalls and colored lights  (Read 4482 times)

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
Waterfalls and colored lights
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:22:07 am »
Just a quick poll as to how many have either of these features on your tub and more importantly do they add any value to your experience, or are they seldom used. The tub I have on order, Artesian Piper Glen, does not have a water fall, and the colored lights were a $650.00 option, that I chose not to take. Neither of these features was important to me. I felt that they would be like PIP on my TV, I'd use it once or twice, think that's kinda cool, and then never use them again. As popular as the option is though, my way of thinking may be a minority view. Just wondering what others thought on the subject.

Hot Tub Forum

Waterfalls and colored lights
« on: August 15, 2005, 09:22:07 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Waterfalls and colored lights
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 09:27:19 am »
I have both. The waterfalls are rarely used. In fact, sometimes when I am adding santizer I turn on the waterfalls just so that I know water is circulating through there and not getting stagnant.

We have the colored lights and they are frequently on. My system doesn't allow for stopping at one particular color, which I wish it did.  At this point, with our tub I would be happy with a single white light.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 09:53:10 am »
I have both.  I like the waterfall because sometimes I stay in the tub after the jets have turned off and I like the sound of the waterfall.  

I've not really used the colored lights since I usually just turn on the lights in order to see my way in and out of the tub.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 10:34:33 am »
I have a waterfall. It's nothing specail.  New folks seeing it for the first time think it's cool. The  novelty of it wears off very quick.  Little kids also seem intrigued by it. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice feature, but honestly? Nothing worth even negotiating over.  I could take it or leave it.  It was off yesterday during my soak and I didn't even notice it.

I could see how in the winter, running a waterfall might actually cool the water down quicker, no?

Lights: I have a large dome light, single color (blue) and like it a lot. I didn't have a choice for the color of the light  but find blue to a very nice color.  I can dim it which is a good feature.  At night a soft glow from the water is also very nice. On some occasions, when shy friends forget thier suits, I turn the light off and we go au-natural, and the light stays off.  

Different colors,  or fancy L.E.Ds  strung around the tub, to me  seemed a bit "Tacky"    Just my opinon.  I go for some nice copper tiki  torches round the tub and enjoy the flame. Others however probably find the torches "Tacky". :)  They also are handy for lighting cigars.  :)

The "best"  features I have found on my tub is the 2 cool off seats and plenty of cupholders.
;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 10:42:48 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 10:39:06 am »
and the colored lights were a $650.00 option

We have a 22 LED light that is really cool and it's only about $100 after market.  You are right to not spend $650 on one but I would recommend spending $100 to get one as they are pretty cool.  Maybe you could but one ahead of time and install it before the initial fill when it gets delivered.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 10:43:49 am »
Was the $650 for an LED light?  or was it maybe for some kind of fiber optic lighting? That just seems really expensive.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

nicker

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 11:20:39 am »
Our tub does not have a water fall.  I did want one but once I was at our friends house and their tub has one I changed my mind.  I think they are nice to run if you are sitting near the tub but when you are in the tub it just drove me nuts.    Perhaps if it had better placement it would be somewhat better.  But all in all I don't care to have one.   Lights are nice though, even know I barely ever have ours on.  We only really use the lights when we have people over but if its just the wife and I we soak in the dark, it seems more relaxing that way.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 12:52:56 pm »
Have both/use both. On the new Optima, the waterfall has a light in it that looks great, along with an underwater light on the opposite side. We can have either/both rotate though colors, or set for one color, with three different dimmer options for either.

If I lose power, or if the water temp gets too high, the circ. pump/ozonator may turn off. Because the waterfall is part of the circulation pump system, I leave it on 24/7 so I know the pump/ozonator is working.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 12:53:54 pm by johnvb »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 01:24:21 pm »
$650 is for a bunch of LED lights in the tub, you can get just the single LED light - it's about $180 from the factory.

I have that light and it does make the tub look nice but I still prefer to have the light off! My kids like it on and changing colors.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 01:25:59 pm by Vinny »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 01:46:31 pm »
I don't have either..just the normal simple light at the bottom of the hot tub, and they gave me two different lenses I can just pop on the top...red and blue..I like the blue one better red seems to give the tub an errie glow.

As far as the waterfall..it was not an option on the Coleman 461 but then again...I really didn't want it anyway!

TD

• new Bahia owner
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 01:53:08 pm »
I have the 22 led multicolor light on my Bahia, my dealer installed it in place of the single factory light at no additional cost. It just replaces the factory bulb. I did notice the box it came out of had a $25.95 sticker on it. It fades to different colors or can stop on one. The kids and guests think its cool (it looks best when the center footwell jet is on high, sort of like a fountain which goes six inches above the surface), but the wife and I use it only about half the time.

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 03:17:20 pm »
My Vita Nuage comes standard with a "fountain", which is two streams of water that form an arch.  I thought it was kind of cheesy at first, but now I have to admit that I kind of like it.  During the day, it is nothing special, but I found out that there are lights actually inside the fountain jets, which turn the streams different colors at night.  Very cool effect.  You can see it here

http://www.vitaspa.com/hot_tub_spa_jets/fountain_jets.htm
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 03:18:54 pm by JJ »

Detroiter

• Great lakes, Great life!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 05:08:28 pm »
I also have both on my Marquis
Spirit. The novelty of the waterfall wore off quickly and its rarely used, but, the multi-colored light is used quite often. I like blue too, as many have said, it even has two different shades of blue, depending on your mood I quess. The red, however, does give the tub a hellishly eerie glow!

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2005, 05:29:42 pm »
My Vita Nuage comes standard with a "fountain", which is two streams of water that form an arch .

http://www.vitaspa.com/hot_tub_spa_jets/fountain_jets.htm

Now that would make me want to pee.... ;D

We saw the same water feature, slightly larger version installed in the deck of an inground pool, at a home show. Did look very cool!

SJK

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 11:52:27 pm »
We got the full color package on our tub and almost never use it - maybe for company, but our preference is to sit in the dark and watch the stars - a much better light show!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 11:52:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42