What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Srings Spa questions  (Read 3363 times)

bart4

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hot Srings Spa questions
« on: August 13, 2005, 10:06:10 am »
Just purchased a HS Envoy w/Cover Cradle II for $9194.00 before tax. questions are...

IS THIS A FAIR PRICE?

IS THE WARRANTY AS GOOD AS THEY SAY?

SHOULD I INVEST IN THE SP/AUDIO FOR $1500?

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE WATERFALL ON THIS MODEL GIVE OFF A GREAT EFFECT AND SOUND OR WHAT

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Srings Spa questions
« on: August 13, 2005, 10:06:10 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Hot Srings Spa questions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
Yes, Yes, Yes (we sell it for $1800), and you're right, the Bella Fontana is beautiful.

Congratulations and enjoy.  The Envoy is my favorite spa.  You done good. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 12:32:21 pm »
Put the money into a nice home stereo!  

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 04:58:41 pm »
Yes, this sounds like a fair price.

Yes, the warranty is not only very good, but the company has a pretty strong track record of backing up the product.

In my opinion, I would take that same money and wire your deck/patio for sound and buy a waterproof remote control.

-Ed

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 09:37:06 pm »
Just purchased a HS Envoy w/Cover Cradle II for $9194.00 before tax. questions are...

IS THIS A FAIR PRICE?

IS THE WARRANTY AS GOOD AS THEY SAY?

SHOULD I INVEST IN THE SP/AUDIO FOR $1500?

IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE WATERFALL ON THIS MODEL GIVE OFF A GREAT EFFECT AND SOUND OR WHAT

I own a 2005 Vanguard and for as much as I like HS, the spa audio is a joke at $1500. Besides price I don't think it sound good either.

By an ipod and an ipod speaker system, create play list's that you can select that suit your mood.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 09:06:04 am »
People are very happy with the HS spring line.

As noted,  $1500 bucks for a steroe is a big chunk of change for some tunes.  for 1/5 of that price I was able to install top of the line Bose outdoor speakers. It's nice, and I can also enjoy music when I'm not using the tub and having a cook out.  YMMV, esp if you have neigbors close by.   However, when I am in the tub and the pumps are pumping and the jet's are jetting  I cannot hear the patio speakers over the sound of the gushing waters and motors.  

For the most part when I am in the tub,  I don't prefer the music.  and enjoy the quiet time to myself, or if other join me, I like to socialize and not have the music blaring.

My 17year old nephew feels differently.

Let us know what you decide, and most of all, enjoy your new spa.

:)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 09:07:38 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 11:55:36 pm »
However, when I am in the tub and the pumps are pumping and the jet's are jetting  I cannot hear the patio speakers over the sound of the gushing waters and motors.  

This is an important point for "DIY"ers.  One recommendation is to build/purchase a table that goesaround 2 sides of thetub (leaving open the side you get in on and the side you lay the cover against.)  and then putting some attactive marine speakers on the3 corners of the tub on the 2 "benches" essentially mimicking the sundance version of the stereo (but using far better speakers).

-Ed

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 11:15:24 am »
First of all congratulations on the purchase of your new spa.  I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it over the years.  The price you paid is very reasonable, you can feel good about that.  The warranty is very strong, but I hope you never need it.  Spa/audio is a personal decision.  It is a LOT of money.  I use a Bose Wave when I want tunes, but as others have pointed out, when the pumps are running, the spa is pretty noisy for music enjoyment.  I recommend that you use your spa for a month or two and then decide.  The waterfall is again a personal thing.  I think it looks dumb and almost never have mine on except occasionally to drown out unwanted noise.  Since you like it, you should not listen to me on this one.

Regards,

Bill

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 11:15:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42