What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: E-Bay spa follow-up  (Read 3310 times)

desertrats

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
E-Bay spa follow-up
« on: August 14, 2005, 02:22:36 pm »
 I posted a question regarding thoughts on an Image Spa. That was the subject line months back.  It went from that to considering a Blue Water spa sold on e-bay.  We ended up ordering the Tahitian w/ the recliner and 50 jets.  I bid $3,659 and won the auction.  $475 shipping added to that.  It is beautiful and I can't say enough about both the seller, gotwholesaling, getting back to me with questions answered promptly.  Everything went smoothly, the spa came undamaged.  For what it's worth, the North American Van Lines guys who delivered it said it was the heaviest one they ever moved.  My husband uses it every day after work and just loves it.  Can't say enough about it.  I know there were those who thought buying a spa over the net was about the dumbest thing and I definitely was leary, but I told you I would get back to you when it came (took a month to build/arrive/wet-test it).  So just wanted to let you know if anyone else is pondering a site-unseen spa, this one worked out perfectly.  It's everything they said it would be.  
desertrats

Hot Tub Forum

E-Bay spa follow-up
« on: August 14, 2005, 02:22:36 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: E-Bay spa follow-up
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 03:28:57 pm »
Congrats and enjoy your tub!!

AAAAAAA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 04:57:01 pm »
I think the point about it being "dumb" is that if/when you need service, you have no dealer to go see. Good luck if something breaks or needs service.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 09:15:03 am »
Deserrrats,

Congrats on your tub.  :)

There's a lot of chatter in here when someone considers a purchase outside of a local big name dealer, don't let negative comments disuade you from contributing here.  I for one would like to hear more about your experiences both good and bad and how over time this tub works out for you.

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 12:21:57 pm »
Awesome!  I have had both good and bad experiences with Ebay purchases, but I have never purchased a spa... I think the most expensive thing I have purchased was a refurb. laptop computer. It is still working to this day: There was a recall on the power supply but the seller had registered me with Dell so they were able to contact me and send out a replacement! That's good service in my opinion.

I'm glad to hear it came out as expected for you, and now we have another happy soaker. Enjoy!

I am curious about the details - I am considering the launch of a 'refurbished spa' web site. So could you give us some details?

You mentioned a moving company - did they get the spa to the site or leave it at curb? How was the overall expericene with that part of things?

Were there any promises left unfulfilled - even minor ones which may not have been a big deal?

I hope you never need it, and I'm sure they'll take care of you if you do, but do they have something planned for service in case you do?

How did you get the tub hooked up?

You can see that I would have to cover all of these bases if I ship outside the area, and frankly, I am thinking about keeping it in the local area, but any input you can offer would be appreciated.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 12:21:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42