What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bought a tub  (Read 4278 times)

drprwnap

Bought a tub
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:58:49 pm »
Just got back from the Marquis dealer.  Got a new Epic with cover, lifter, steps, ozone, chemical kit and delivery for $7500 plus tax.  Being it's August (and hotter than hell) I am going for an October delivery.  Of course I can push it up if I want, just give the guy a couple of weeks notice.  Now I feeling like Bosco (I think) about second guessing my decision and wondering if it's worth all the $$$$????
Anyway, got the wife to wet test and she loved the tub, so no problems there.
For the first time since I was a little kid, I can't wait for winter!!!  :D
I really do like this tub, I think we'll enjoy it for many years to come. The dealer is great, been in business for many years so that's good.  Any Epic owners, please give me your comments

Thanks,
drprwnap   8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Bought a tub
« on: August 08, 2005, 09:58:49 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Bought a tub
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 03:18:02 am »
Enjoy the tub...Most people will tell you their biggest regret in a getting a spa was they waited to long....Enjoy it...The Epic is genuinely one of the very best out there......

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 05:58:17 am »
Congratulations drprwnap!  I know you will love it!

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 09:00:36 am »
Enjoy the tub...Most people will tell you their biggest regret in a getting a spa was they waited to long....Enjoy it...The Epic is genuinely one of the very best out there......

Include me in this group, move up the date so you can start enjoying it and getting used to the chemical routine before winter.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:21:33 am »
Congrats on the tub.  :)

Were are you located?  If you are in a "snow zone", you might want to re-think the October delivery and push it up to Sept.

1) if there is any delay or problem with the tub or conecting it, you've got some wiggle room to get it straightend out before it starts to get too chilly.

2) having the tub running in september will give you some experince with it, and with the chemicals. You can get some practical experince with the care and maitence of it as well as do a complete water change out before it gets too cold.

The sooner the better. Just my .02 cents.    :)
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 09:35:42 am »
Looks like he is in the Pittsburgh area.  Plenty of cold weather, and a few opportunities to add/change water during the winter months. (usually)   Enjoy your new tub and the Penquins new phenom, who we will match up against our phenom  ;D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drprwnap

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 10:24:31 am »
Thanks for the input.  The more I think about it, I'll probably move it up to sometime in Sept.  Good points about getting used the chemicals and water change before it gets too cold.
BTW,  I am located about 60 north of Pittsburgh. Bought the tub in Ohio as we are very close to the state line.

wmccall, who is your phenom?  I thought Crosby was the only one out there!!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 10:32:35 am »
yea, by November you want to be a pro with the thing and go into the long winter with clean water and at least a clue about how to keep it that way. :^)

And not to jinx you, but every once and a while you read an entry that goes along the lines of "Got my new tub today and it was the wrong one....or  as they unloaded it from the truck it rolled down the hill, across the expressway and into the river...."
:P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:33:21 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 06:05:46 pm »

wmccall, who is your phenom?  I thought Crosby was the only one out there!!

drprwnap  8)

This year maybe.  Our phenom from the last year, you know the rookie who tied for the scoring title?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

OasisMan

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 03:28:18 pm »
Hey J.W & S.W. I wanted to congratulate you on your new Marquis purchase. I hope you have years of enjoyment. I get ya next time.  

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:56 pm »
OasisMan...thanks!!  It was a tough choice!!  Next time...we know where you are!  ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 05:02:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42