What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Vanguard  (Read 2034 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
HS Vanguard
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:59:48 am »
OK, my first real "complaint" about the Vanguard...  Is there anyway to dim/turn off that damn blue light in the "water feature"?  The "Well Spring" really doesn't do much for me (would have preferred they stuck in a waterfall like the tiger river..) but I do like the underwater lights.  Unfortunatly the blue led in the waterfeature beams me in the eyes when I'm in the motomassage seats and doesn't dim at all. It's always on with the other lights.  Turning the water flow on full blast helps diffuse the light a little, but an errant ray still seems to escape and ruins nice dark night viewing  Any suggestions??  ???

Hot Tub Forum

HS Vanguard
« on: August 10, 2005, 07:59:48 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: HS Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 10:45:31 am »
I have a dealer friend who sets small polished stones in the Wellspring just to make it look a little less formal. they stay there all the time, just a small cluster of them, and they make the water flow more like a little stream.

I hadn't thought of it till I saw your post, but I bet something like that would help keep the light out of your eyes.

Otherwise you could just unplug the thing -  I don't remember just now, but I think that it plugs into the IQ-2020 board. Turn the power off to the spa before you open the thing, of course.

If you want more info on that let me know and I'll get the specs out and find out exactly how to kill the light.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 11:05:30 am »
I have a dealer friend who sets small polished stones in the Wellspring just to make it look a little less formal. they stay there all the time, just a small cluster of them, and they make the water flow more like a little stream.

I was going to suggest unplugging it as well but I really like this idea. Some small round polished stones would probably look great and leave only a glow that might be nice. Sometimes you need to think outside the box.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:35:18 pm »
I kinda like the stone idea.   I'm going to look into getting some and trying it.  I'm surprised that HS didn't put that light on the dimmer with the other lights on the spa...

Thanks for the idea!
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:35:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42