What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do you or don't you?????????  (Read 5095 times)

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Do you or don't you?????????
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:12:28 pm »
Hi Everybody,

my question here is do you invite your neighbors over to hot tub??????? If you do, are there any rules you follow? If not do you feel guilty not inviting them.

maybe this is ridiculous, but my husband and I have been doing major majoyr remodeling to our home to accomodate my mil who moved in 10 months ago, several neighbors said " oh yea we will help you, no problem, ( we never expected help to be honest) but not one of them has offered to do anything despite the fact that they can see what we have been going through.

What would you all do?

Hot Tub Forum

Do you or don't you?????????
« on: August 08, 2005, 05:12:28 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Do you or don't you?????????
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 05:17:51 pm »
I do not....I am of the opinion that a while a spa can be used for many social gatherings. I treat it more as my personal retreat and a place to simply unwind. I only share it with those who are most special to me.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 05:19:31 pm »
Well I've never been invited? ??? >:( :'(

;D

Steve

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 05:22:03 pm »
Our spa is pretty much our private thing. We have had it 4 mos and have not had guests yet. Our daughter had 5 teenagers over for her birthday party and they all went in. We may have friends over sometime when we have the chance.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 05:22:40 pm »
I do not but then again, I don't have any neighbors close enough to even know that I've got a spa.  I think closest one may be 500 yds or so away - not sure, can't see them through the trees.  I'm out in the middle of nowhere on 15 very private acres.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 05:22:43 pm »
Sounds like all my friends who promised to help me move a few months ago but disspeared on moving day.  I guess it is best to rely on nobody at times, although that stinks.

I don't really set rules as far as who uses my spa as long as they don't pee in it.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 05:24:51 pm »
Steve, Next time you in town...... ;)

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 05:46:41 pm »
When we get ours...it's going to be me and the hubby,  family and close friends...on occasion.  We don't even really know our neighbors.
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 05:51:12 pm »
Besides me and my hubby...I've had just the two neighbor kids (girl is 11 and the boy is 13) over but..other than that nope haven't had anyone else but me and hubby in the tub...I've invited my Brother and sis-in-law up for a soak but that one hasn't happened as they are taking care of my dad who has COPD (for those of you who don't know what that is it's Chronic Obstructive Pulminary desease..which is a very horrible desease that makes you lose your lung capacity) I'm hoping to get them up soon so that they can take a big break from playing caretaker. I've invited my sister and mom up for a test run but..at this point my sister is a full time student, mom, and fulltime employed so I don't think that one is going to happen....mom on the other hand is retired but I would imagine will not make the trip as that is just a long story that I will not bore anyone with!

At this point...it's just hubby and I's retreat! And to be honest.....I Love it like that! Great Question by the way!

BP

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 08:04:47 pm »
I would say that unless your friends with the neighbors, don't invite them over. Your working hard on the house and this is your "treat"!

I have friends who are helping me with my deck and electrical project and I did invite them to take a soak, but none are my neighbors. The times that I had people over I had the added attraction of the tub and anyone could have gone in - children too.

Enjoy YOUR tub guilt free!!!

Haynes

• 2005 Down East Cape Cod/ Monongahela, PA
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 09:28:12 pm »
I live on the same block as my parents, my sister's family, my brother's family and next door to my older brother and his family.  The hot tub gets a whole lot of use.  Right now as I am trying to get my 3 yr old asleep my wife and 2 of my siblings are in the tub having a good old time.  Numerous friends have been down to use the tub.  Initially the frequent use caused me a water chemistry nightmare which I finally have gotten the hang of.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 09:32:01 pm by Haynes »

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 02:09:45 am »
From time to time I have one set of neighbors we invite for a soak. More when it was new. The rest are out oftown friends and family that come to stay for the weekend. Out side of that it's our retreat. We have no children so we like to skinny dip. It has gotten that I don't like to go in with a bathing suit on any more. So having guest over cramps my style when I have to sute up.

Actualy I have gotten past " hay come on over for a soak inthe hot tub" My wife and I just love keeping it to our selfs. At first I felt we should share. I don't feel that way any more.

But if we do have quest I only have one rule. Please wash your suits a few times because the soap in the suit will foam up my tub.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 08:55:06 am »
We invite guests over and they know they are welcome to use the spa.  Haven't had any water problems yet.  
It's when we're gone and the kids have the run of the house I get nervous, but so far so good there, too.
If I do ever find out that someone violated my spa water, they'd not be invited back, that's for certain.

Brewman
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 08:56:45 am by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 09:21:20 am »
Only my hairdresser knows for sure!

Guest yes, neighbors no.  My neighbors currently consist of :

An elderly lady who I don't think could put our her cigarette long enough. I wouldn't want the liability risk of having her over. She has two replacement hips, the therapy might be nice, but not worth the risk.

On the other side is a duplex.  One the one side is a stripper,  Gina said no before I could even ask.  ??? The other side is a couple who seem very secretive and private.

Across the street the family has a little boy who is a firebug, I don't want him to even know we exist.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:22:12 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 12:30:06 pm »
friends, yes... but even that is not that often.....neighbors? only if they are friends....
i agree, that it is more of a retreat for the wife and i..... at least at night. during the day, its anything goes. we have 2 teenage girls (16 &14), an almost 3 yr old (who LOVES the spa), and a 15 month old that we take into the tub for relaxation and therapy.
(little guy has had 2 heart surgerys and spent a total of about 6 of his first 12 months in the hospital. doing great now though...)
i have had to step up chem plan and seem to be getting about 2-2/12 months on a water change.
just recently, we had some good friends over for a cook out, let all the kids play (thier 4 and our 4) and the adults got some relax time in the spa in the evening. about 30 SECONDS after getting in the tub, it was really obvious that our guests suits had a sizable amount of laundry soap still in them...major foaming.....
now, when an a planned event like this happens, we politely and graciously offer to run all visiting swimwear thru a rinse cycle during dinner. we have only tried this twice, but sems to work well. we arte going to look into buying some spare suis just for guests, at the end of the season when they go on clearance. sounds like a good idea. saw it here in an earkier posting....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 12:30:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42