What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Preparing for a party  (Read 2176 times)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
Preparing for a party
« on: August 08, 2005, 01:37:41 pm »
Tommorow, we are having a barbecue and my tub will be at the center of the action I am guessing.  In preparation, I was thinking about adding extra bromine, or is it better to add it after everyone leaves with a shock???

I am also thinking of doing a complete drain and refill and planned the following steps and was wondering if I am I am on the right track.  More than likely, i will do the drain after the party.

1.  Drain water.
2.refill water.
3.  Shock with capfull of bromine.
4.  Test levels.

The reason I am doing the drain is because I think I am guilty of the newbie mistake of overdoing the the chemicals the first month and now my levels are hard to maintain.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hot Tub Forum

Preparing for a party
« on: August 08, 2005, 01:37:41 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Preparing for a party
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 04:19:30 pm »
Its not a bad idea to get you sanitizer level to the upper levels of the OK or safe range if you have a lot of people in and out of the spa perhaps after a few hours you may want all to exit the spa add some shock and let it run for 20 minutes or so. and than have people back in the spa.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 05:33:28 am »
I just had a big party.  I too use bromine.  I added 4 tbl spoons of shock to my tub and ran the boost cycle.  Company came later in the day, used tub most of the night and when they left, I figured about 8 users in total so I added 8 table spoons.  I woke up went outside and the water was crystal clear again.  Bromine was a little high but the levels came back down quickly, I just left lid off to let sun get at it.

As for you chemicals.  If your water is that far out, I would say dump it.  If I were you, I would keep my water and figure out just how it works.  Get this water good again so the next fill will be perfect.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 08:56:09 am »
I just had a big party.  I too use bromine.  I added 4 tbl spoons of shock to my tub and ran the boost cycle.  Company came later in the day, used tub most of the night and when they left, I figured about 8 users in total so I added 8 table spoons.  I woke up went outside and the water was crystal clear again.  Bromine was a little high but the levels came back down quickly, I just left lid off to let sun get at it.

8 TABLESPOONS??  YEOW![/i]  Your water had BETTER be crystal clear.  That sure seems like a LOT of bromine.  With dichlor, I would just add 4 TEASPOONS or so to bring the chlorine level up to +-6 ppm.  Then I'd probably shock with MPS in the next 1-2 days.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:05:03 am »
My first weekend with the tub I had 35 people in the tub on and off for an entire day and only put in 2 tablespoons and all was fine except for some foam that went away after a few days of tinkering.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 09:07:57 am »
If the water looks clear, drain and refill after the party. As long as the water doesn't look like milk or smell bad, the party will be a great time.  Party guests can mess up water faster than anything else I would guess.  Unless you really want to impress them with crystal clear water and don't mind dumping twice in a week.  8)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 03:02:53 pm »
A little dichlor in a bromine tub during heavy use works real well.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2005, 03:02:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42