What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Adding fun stuff to hot tubs...  (Read 5709 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Adding fun stuff to hot tubs...
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:02:59 am »
Ok..you crazy people what I'm about to tell you is to go no further than this forum (or..I'll have to come hunt you all down!  ;D ) Anyhoooooo...I went to my Coleman dealer to get some more chems, I needed some Bromine tabs...some filter cleaner......and some more test strips. But, while we were visiting with our dearest dealer hubby and I decided to grab some surface cleaner (works pretty good for the waterline  ;) ) I was standing there sniffing their aroma scents and decided I needed one! So I chose what is called EsScents Spa and Bath Fragrance, the scent Plumeria, a very nice bouquet of orange flowers with a touch of peach, jasmine (which as soon as my animals are gone will be a flower in my yard I love the scent of jasmine!) honeysuckle (another one of my fav flowers) and gardenia.

Anyway....we were discussing some of the things that it seems Coleman has changed on their tubs and hubby commented that as soon as the tub was paid off (about 3 years from now) he's wanting to trade the tub for a new one!  :o  :o NOOOO WAY!?!? This is the same man that decided having a hot tub was going to be such a pain...this is the same man that didn't want to sit in it with me???? Talk about thinking it was a joke..I asked after we left Coleman, "you were joking about trading the tub right?" and he looked at me and said "nope...I was thinking we might switch to the 470" which ladies and gents is a tub with deeper therapy seats and does not have a lounger which is fine with me, I'm not to much sitting in the lounger any more I sit more in the therapy than any other seat.

Ok...now back to my keep my secret deal.......I was looking at my bathing suit the other day and noticing that it was starting to fade badly and whatever material it's made out of it has actually gotten a hole and a small run in the material..noticing this I told hubby it was going to be time for a suit soon or the neighbors were going to start getting a show with me nude in my tub in the day time.  :o (btw this option is not going to happen in broad daylight!!!!!! GOD I want a 7 foot privacy fence!!!) Ok, so we left Coleman and I was expecting to go find me a nice one piece swim suit and call it a day...no not even close I went to wal-mart to find their supply picked clean and little left but two piece bikinis left! Well, I tell you all now...Vickie is NOT one to buy bikinis these days I have a 12 inch scar up my lower back from the base of my spine to mid lower back...and I have a 6 inch scar running Vertically (I'm not quite sure if vertical is up and down or across but it is up and down) on the left side beside my belly button, so having a bikini on was not a very good idea but I decided ok...I'll buy me a bikini and cover up with my robe when I go out. Ok so I'm standing there in wal-mart with three bikinis in my hand and thinking I have to try these on and pick one I had a brown and blue duo colored one...then I had a red with white polka dots...and the last one was kind of a patern of dye tye colors....the one I finally chose was the red with white polka dots.....on a more personal note, since my hysteroctomy (I had cancerous cells in my cerevix I know...I know TMI) eight years ago I've gained a few pounds....ok I admit I've gotten a bit of a tummy!!!!

The moral of this story: Don't ever say NEVER!!! LOLOL

BP

P.S. I was singing and humming the song "itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini" all the way home from Billings, causing my husband to go into fits of laughter!!

Oh I forgot to add....at our dealers store we found this totally cool thing you can add to your tub..it's a hand held massager kinda thing that attaches to the jet via a long hose! I've GOT TO HAVE!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 11:06:30 am by Backpains »

Hot Tub Forum

Adding fun stuff to hot tubs...
« on: August 08, 2005, 11:02:59 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Adding fun stuff to hot tubs...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 11:09:26 am »
Backpains, why the suit at all? I thought you had your set up in a "tub Hut" your husband built and had privacy once you were inside? Why not just go out with a robe and once in the tub hut  go "Au natural"?  

All the cool tubbers are doing it.  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 12:40:31 pm »
Backpains, why the suit at all? I thought you had your set up in a "tub Hut" your husband built and had privacy once you were inside? Why not just go out with a robe and once in the tub hut  go "Au natural"?  

All the cool tubbers are doing it.  ;)

Drew darlin..I know all the cool people are doing it...but, the problem is..when hubby built the hot tub room he didn't allow for when I crawl OUT of the tub LOLOLOL BADDDDD SHOT!!! or is that BUTT SHOTTTTTTTT LOLOL

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 12:42:33 pm »
whoo! whoo! whoo!!!
then post some new pics!! ::) ::)

oops.... did i type that out loud????

seriously though....i must agree that my fav suit is my birthday suit. at least alone or with the wife.....haven't found friends yet that are quite that "easygoing". dont think it would go over weel with the kids either..... ;) ;) at least the older 2....
besides, wouldn't want to scare anyone..... a chippendale dancer i am NOT!
plus....no floating, AND less water removed from the tub each time i get out. that of course is the real reason ..... water conservation.... "yeah... thats the ticket" (i know, it kinda dates me, but it si still funny)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 12:43:14 pm »
oh, I'm sure the neighbors don;t mind.  ;)

But how bout some curtains, or window tint?
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:02:03 pm »
A bikini is better than a one piece as the suit gets in the way of the therapy. And you are the only one that will see it for more than a second anyway.

Oh, and with full length robes and a hook at shoulder level next to the tub, we are real good and getting in and out of the tub with maximum discression, when I want to  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 02:11:31 pm »
If you havnt...Buy a good turkish terry robe for both of you..

Dick

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 02:29:00 pm »
Aw geez...backpains that was good.  I can so relate!!  The bathing suit I have fills up with water and I end up floating, so I'm going to have to find a new one.  I'm thinking the heck with the suit....I don't take a bath in a bathing suit, right??!!  ;D

We're going to close off a space in our screened porch as a dressing room, so maybe I can just jump out and into the room and the neighbors won't be the wiser and no "free shots" for them....HAAAA!!!

I'm sure I'll have some stories to share once we get our tub!
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 03:59:12 pm »
I truly believe I'm just really modest in the day time...I think I'll stick with the suit for now during the daytime hours. Yes hubby made me an awesome room for my hot tub, but getting in and out of the tub definately is a risky note with two children at the fence hollaring at me so I'll stay with the bikini for now.

Night time is a whole nother story, we don't go out until about 9 or 9:30pm so it's pretty much getting dark out. I've only got caught once by the neighbor kids, they came through the fence without me knowing and scared the crap out of me....see now guys your lucky in this regard only one area to prtect with you...with us gals we have a slightly different other area to protect! Lucky the dogs barked and I was able to at least grab the suit and cover a little bit! It'll be different after the two older ones go back home the 14th!!!!!!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 05:20:25 pm »
Backpains, love your story!  Just get you a big ol' beach towel and wrap up in it - neighbors won't know if you have that itsy, bitsy bikini on or not!  ::)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 05:57:51 pm »
This works:
1.  Get in with suit on
2.  Turn on bubbles
3.  Take suit off
4.  Enjoy an obstruction-free soak
5.  Put suit back on
6.  Turn off bubbles (or not)
7.  Get out with suit on
8)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 06:05:34 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Backpains

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 05:59:41 pm »
This works:
1.  Get in with suit on
2.  Turn on bubbles
3.  Take suit off
4.  Enjoy an obstuction-free soak
5.  Put suit back on
6.  Turn off bubbles (or not)
7.  Get out with suit on
 8)

uhhhhhhh yeah! That's what I DO!!!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 05:59:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42