What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: inside spa / no player haters please!  (Read 8344 times)

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
inside spa / no player haters please!
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:53:51 pm »
i know most of you tub owners have your tubs outside.  but i'm lucky to have one inside.  i was just sitting in my tub on this 92' afternoon at bout 6:30 p.m.  just listening to 106.1 fm slow jazz.  with water temp round' 86' and chillin' with an iced glass of martini & rossi asti spumante, i was in pure white artesian spatopia. (dove canyon that is).  
earlier today i was out clearing the driveway from a bad ass storm that went through.  while being bit from those damn green flies and those horseflys that are as big as a small bird i was being baked like a 3 legged horse.
several good things bout being inside, no insects, bird poop, lawn mowers, sun, rain, snow, mess on tub, longer life of spa, more privacy,
maybe one bad thing, the night sky.  unless you have a big skylight.  28x16' room with 2 celing fans, 2 8' sliders, 4 3'x6' windows, and 1 6 ft. slider, with 6 foot french door entering our "sunroom".  lovin' every minute of it!
:-*

Hot Tub Forum

inside spa / no player haters please!
« on: August 06, 2005, 07:53:51 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: inside spa / no player haters please!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 08:27:17 pm »
 just listening to 106.1 fm slow jazz. with water temp round' 86' ..., i was in pure white artesian spatopia. (dove canyon that is).  

I take it your around Philly with 106.1 playing! If you are try 90.1 after 7 PM - they play all types of jazz. But hair, you need to turn that pool into a hot tub - 86 is too cold! Crank that Dove Canyon up!!!
:)

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 10:28:19 pm »
and............?

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 11:16:39 pm »
There's is alway's one!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 08:25:23 am »
It started sounding like a SNL episode and I was waiting for "pass the Henessy". ;D

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 10:00:41 pm »
I'm an insider too and lovin it. We have decorated our spa room with hanging plants and palm tree, added some cool looking gecko-lizard hanging decorations in there today.

We use our tub mostly at night, and use only the tub lights and an up light shining from the base of the palm, which spreads leaf shadows across the ceiling and walls... just like moonlight in the jungle.

We live on a lake, with the bugs, etc., also ducks, geese, large blue herons and snow egrets. Have you ever seen a blue heron ... relieve themselves? Wouldn't be a pretty sight in a tub.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 10:09:56 pm by johnvb »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:52:00 am »
To each their own.
All that matters is how you like it.
I wouln't move my spa inside if you built me a room for it.  For some reason, bugs leave us alone, and looking at the stars on a chilly or even cold night is great.  So is soaking in winter with snow falling around you.  

Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 10:13:27 am »
Ok, I got to ask, what the heck is a player hater?
Does it have anything to do with Canseco, Bonds, McGwire, and Palmero? Maybe T.O.?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:30:39 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 10:20:19 am »
Weather your tub is inside or outside it doesn't matter! As long as your happy with your tub and your dealer right? My tub happens to be inside and you know I like it...not in love with it just it's nice when we have a huge thunderstorm come thorugh or a big blizzard to know I can go to the tub without having to sit through a blinding snowstorm that you can't see two feet in front of your face in the tub room.

But.....and I'm using that word loosely here.....to say that having a tub inside is better than having a tub outside is not exactly right either!!!!!!!!! Seriously, come on lets play nice here...some like their tubs inside and some like their tubs outside so don't sit there and say your tub is better than anyone elses because you have this huge room where your tub is, and have this great skylight or huge doors.

And NO I'm not jealous...I'm just stating the fact that your BRAGGING!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 10:21:24 am »
Ok, I got to ask, what the heck is a player hater?

Yeah, what the heck IS a player hater?
Brewman
Brewman

ebirrane

• HS Grandee Owner; Hot Tub Geek
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2005, 10:35:12 am »
From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=player+hater&r=d

player hater
someone who dislikes or resents or disapproves of a player (the term is used to criticize people who are jealous or who don't respect successful people).

Although there are lots of other definitions at the web site, this particular definition fits hair the best.  He or She is saying "don't hate me because I have so much more than you do and am talking about it".  This certainly fits in with the style of the post, which is almost trollish in its self-aggrandizement.

One of the great joys of a hot tub is sitting in the snow, beer kept cold by small snow drifts on the table next to the spa, while you are kept warm in the water.

Another great joy is listening to nature, not the echos that tend to be generated in a sunroom of the size described.

But some people absolutely can't stand the outdoors and, in such cases, enclosing yourself is the way to go, use as much glass as possible, and enjoy.

Turn up the heat on that hot tub! 86 is a "cold tub".  Just make sure the tub it not near glass or you won't be seeing anything outside due to fogging on colder days.  The danger of all indoor setups is humidity control, but if your sunroom is an "add-on" to the house your home is probably better protected.

I don't mind success at all, and encourage it in all forms for most people.  But I must sheepishly admit to being a player hater.

-Ed

ps. I'm also a little bit of a wine nut.  Please don't call yourself a player if you are sipping Martini and Rossi Asti Spumanti! :P Upgrade that palate, young one!  However, feel free to "celebrate life!"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 11:34:07 am by ebirrane »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2005, 10:57:44 am »
Player Hater....usually spoken by some urban fool who wants to sound like they are some "gangsta". Compare it to the bimbo at the bar, with big hair, too much make-up and thinks they are the cat's pajama's and tells everyone "Don't hate me because I'm beatiful"    ::)

Also see "don't hate the player...hate the game" line.

It's too bad the poster isn't "Lucky enough" to have thier tub outside.  Honeslty? If  I couldn't have my tub outside,  I wouldn't  want it.

Tiki tourches, snow comming down, steam rising off the tub, a cold drink, a good cigar, the brisk febuary air,   Nothing even comes close.  
;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2005, 11:52:59 am »
It's too bad the poster isn't "Lucky enough" to have thier tub outside.  Honeslty? If  I couldn't have my tub outside,  I wouldn't  want it.

Tiki tourches, snow comming down, steam rising off the tub, a cold drink, a good cigar, the brisk febuary air,   Nothing even comes close.  
 ;D

So true!  
Brewman

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2005, 12:04:14 pm »
ps. I'm also a little bit of a wine nut.  Please don't call yourself a player if you are sipping Martini and Rossi Asti Spumanti! :P Upgrade that palate, young one!  However, feel free to "celebrate life!"

Well said, ebirrane.....
After I enjoy a bottle of fine libation, I have a tendency to piss Asti Spumanti.... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 12:16:09 pm »
You people are a rough crowd - LOL!

And BTW some people will swear by Budwiser!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2005, 12:16:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42