What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi vs. Marquis  (Read 7816 times)

cappykat

Jacuzzi vs. Marquis
« on: August 07, 2005, 06:46:00 pm »
We have narrowed our search down to the Jacuzzi 385 and the Marquis Epic. 

We like both tubs equally.  Love the Jacuzzi dealer and the Marquis dealer.  The Marquis business has changed spa lines numerous times and there are some very angry buyers out there.  Had been a Coleman dealer at one time and now sells Marquis and Nordic.  Very nice guy who owns the store now.  When I said, "now you aren't planning to sell the business are you?"  He said, "well I can't promise you what will happen in 5 years."  Seems like a great guy, but makes me uneasy about the possibility of the business being sold again or dropping the marquis line and another change.

Husband finally did wet test on both and likes the therapy of the marquis.  We both actually think the marquis has better/stronger therapy.  Marquis has neck jets and the jacuzzi doesn't.  Jacuzzi has better foot jets but my need is in neck and back.

Are we comparing apples to apples in these two models?

HELP!!!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:47:38 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi vs. Marquis
« on: August 07, 2005, 06:46:00 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Jacuzzi vs. Marquis
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 07:28:01 pm »
This is becoming such a &%#$ hard decision!!  Our Jacuzzi dealer said he never heard of a Marquis selling for $8,000.  

Are we comparing apples to apples in these two models?

HELP!!!

Sounds like a Jacuzzi dealer who is a lot like a mushroom alone in the dark.....You gotta love the Jacuzzi cabinet warranty ..... ;)......Go with what you like the best....both are nice

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 09:07:00 pm »
Both are great spas.....
But at least you can sleep a bit better knowing that the jacuzzi dealer will still be around....JT ???

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 10:30:01 pm »
Why don't you get in touch with Marquis and ask them how they handle the situation.  The guy I bought mine from has been in business for less than a year I had no problems knowing the quality of the spa and understanding how Marquis handles service issues.  Bottom line, get the spa that fits you best and make sure that customer service will be there when you need it.
M

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 10:37:27 pm »
Hey, it a gamble either way. Jacuzzi company is up  for sale???  Who knows what will happen in 5 years to any manufacturer or dealer???  Go to Marquis web site and try to find out how close the next dealer is to you. If it were me, I go with the Epic.  If fact, if I can get the deal I want, I'll be buying an Epic soon!!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 04:47:11 pm »
If Jacuzzi was up for sale then the good people on here should WORRY about sundance too.
Jacuzzi is selling off a small part of their company and Jacuzzi Spas and sundance is not part of it....
Get the sorry straight and read a bit...Jt

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 05:52:19 pm »
The fact that Jacuzzi is selling (and I think it was their Eljer plumbing) had nothing to do with our decision.  

I think Jacuzzi is a very nice tub and it was a difficult decision for us.  Matt at the local dealership was great!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 05:52:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42