What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How do I?...  (Read 4575 times)

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
How do I?...
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:23:32 am »
Usually when I come on this forum I am on my computer at my desk.  Ever since the board changed last summer, when I look at people photos, I have to scroll back and forth to see the entire photo--VERY frustrating (especially trying to read Terms "Spa Wars" segments)  I was going to complain about it but never got around to it.  I thought that's just the way it was.

Last night I was on my laptop and came to this site and clicked on someones thread that had a photo and I could see the WHOLE thing all at once!!!  

Does anyone know where I go into the settings to change how I can view photos?

Thanks
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Hot Tub Forum

How do I?...
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:23:32 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: How do I?...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:39:55 am »
Ruby! I have been thinking the same thing. I tried to show my husband something on here last night and he mentioned how strange it was ...Even reading the text is a pain because you have to move it read it... :(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 11:13:13 am »
I was looking around and I couldn't find any place to change settings, which makes me wonder if it has anything to do with 1.) I have Win2000 on my desktop and XP on my laptop.  Or 2.) I am using Netscape 7.x on the Desktop and Netscape 8.x on the laptop.   Anybody?
Minnesota Consumer

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 12:04:11 pm »
It's based on the width of your monitor, and the resolution your monitor is set to. The column the picture is in is set to a percentage of the width of your screen. If the image is WIDER than the column, you'll have to scroll. You can't change the size of the picture, but you can change how large of a picture you can view without scrolling. Some options if you have to scroll............... Do you have the side bar for bookmarks open? Close it!........... Increase the resolution of your monitor............... Buy a wide screen monitor  :D............

The image below shows widths based on pixels. Each line is labeled with it's width, in pixels. As you "play around", you may be able to notice how a wider line becomes completely in screen.

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 12:56:14 pm »
Well, that was an easy fix. And no I didn't go out and buy a new monitor.  Just changed the resolution.  (but now my icons on my desktop are tiny!)  Thanks Dr Spa!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:00:07 pm by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer

anne

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 03:56:25 pm »
When people post pics, they can also reduce the size of the pic so that it is only 400-500 pixels, since you dont need super high res just to look at a hot tub in someone's yard. Then you can leave your resolution whereever you want it!
Dance like nobody's watching

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 06:55:59 pm »
If only the people would cooperate! ;)

OK EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!

POST YOUR PHOTOS AT 400-500 SO I CAN CHANGE MY RESOLUTION BACK.  I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MY DESKTOP ICONS AGAIN!

thank you
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 06:59:28 pm by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 10:36:01 pm »
You can change your icon size too.

Right click on an empty area of your desktop
choose Properties
click the Appearance tab
click Advanced
on the drop down menu choose Icon
increase the Size
you may want to also change the Icon Spacing

BEFORE YOU MAKE A CHANGE, write down what the original setting was so you can change it back to where it was if you don't like the change

Well, that was an easy fix. And no I didn't go out and buy a new monitor.  Just changed the resolution.  (but now my icons on my desktop are tiny!)  Thanks Dr Spa!
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 12:49:21 am »
If only the people would cooperate! ;)

OK EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!

POST YOUR PHOTOS AT 400-500 SO I CAN CHANGE MY RESOLUTION BACK.  I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MY DESKTOP ICONS AGAIN!

thank you

Yes sir!!

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 08:50:22 am »
That would be ma'am to you. :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:50:45 am by Ruby »
Minnesota Consumer

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:08:22 am »
Doc beat me to it.

Instead, I'll add this - What type of car does Jim Tressel own?  Why a Lloyd Carr of course!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 11:37:53 am »
I use Firefox and can easily resize pictures through a separate add-on (or 'extension' as they used to call it before Firefox 2.0 came out) that allows you to change image sizes just by right clicking the photo and choosing "Zoom out". Or, if you want to make the image larger, choose "Zoom in" from the right click menu.
For all you Firefox users, the add-on is called Image Zoom and it can be found here: http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/.
It's a very useful application.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 11:37:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42