What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub in garage?  (Read 19849 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: hot tub in garage?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 11:58:49 am »
Since You Asked-

I live in the suburbs of Minneapolis, so we have outragousely cold winters, and hot humid summers.  
Our spa is behind our house, under our deck.  Not the best place, as the deck partially blocks our sky view, but it was a good enought compromise.  It's less than 10' from our rear walkout door to the spa steps.  

We use our spa when we feel like it.  For us, indoors our out isn't a limiting factor.  
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2005, 11:58:49 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2005, 12:51:27 pm »
Ok..again here I go putting my foot in my mouth..LOL! I live in Northern Wyoming, so winters are harse as well and the snow can accumulate. I think by having my tub in the "spa room" (my little name for it for the time being hubby has alot bigger plans but that will have to come in time screened in porch later on) lets me actually enjoy nature...and the outdoors (boy would I rather have the tub up on the mtn in back of a reallllly nice cabin) and be inside from the elements. Like for example 5 days ago we had a wierd thunderstorm. I went out to the hot tub and within 30 seconds after I got in, the rain started and it was a gusher of a storm too.

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 01:19:52 pm »
I guess we are paranoid here, we won't get in the tub during a lightning storm, even with it indoors.

I know one fellow that was working underneath his house, running cable TV wire, and got shocked (not badly) by a near lightning strike. Know another lady who was washing dishes at the kitchen sink, and got a jolt during a storm.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 01:29:18 pm »
I guess we are paranoid here, we won't get in the tub during a lightning storm, even with it indoors.

I know one fellow that was working underneath his house, running cable TV wire, and got shocked (not badly) by a near lightning strike. Know another lady who was washing dishes at the kitchen sink, and got a jolt during a storm.

Are ou saying I shouldn't take my golf clubs into the tub with me?

IT's still ok for me to make toast while I'm in the tub though. right?  Toast and hot tubs....2 great things that go great togethor.
07 Caldera Geneva

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 01:46:03 pm »
 LOL..Hey Sundance actually has an oar set that you can use their spa to pratice your crew-ing skills ;D

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 03:40:09 pm »

Are ou saying I shouldn't take my golf clubs into the tub with me?

IT's still ok for me to make toast while I'm in the tub though. right?  Toast and hot tubs....2 great things that go great togethor.

You can take graphite shaft clubs, but leave the steel ones in.  And as long as your toaster is plugged into the NEC required GFI outlet near your spa, making toast should be ok, except that all those crumbs might clog up your filters faster.  Better than making toast in you spa, would be making a toast.

For those who are humor impaired, the above is meant as a joke, even if it isn't all that funny, and I in no way, shape, or form, advocate making toast in or near water.

Brewman

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2005, 03:49:49 pm »

Better than making toast in you spa, would be making a toast.

A toast to toast!
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 03:52:01 pm »
ok..this subject is not to funny to me I guess. My sister-in-law has a totally fused back because she was hit by lightening.

But, I NEVER sit in my tub during lightening storms!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2005, 03:52:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42