What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Your opinions Please, appreciated and welcomed  (Read 4757 times)

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Your opinions Please, appreciated and welcomed
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:54:24 pm »
  Hi Everybody,

I am new to this forum and my husband and I have been talking about getting a spa for the last 2 years. I have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia and know that hydrotherapy is beneficial.
               We are on a budget so the spas that have all the bells and whistles were not a possibility. We narrowed our choice down to the sundance and the hotsprings.
                        I wet tested the Sundance and floated out of the seats. The sales help knew basically nothing about the product althought they were very nice, when I asked about after purchase help they would have been unable to help us with ANY after purchase help.
                     Today I went to the hotsprings store, they have been in business for 15 years, and that is all they do is sell spas, whereas the sundance distributor was mainly an outdoor furniture store.
                     I wet tested the hotsprings and I liked the jets and the fact that I did not float out of the seat.

We decided on the tiger river Sumatran model, we took the 2004 floor model and we paid 4,900, this was with the steps, the cover, the chemicals, and my husband got him to give us a handrail and he threw in an extra set of chemicals and he gave me a bottle of aromatherapy too.
delivery and setup included too.

please be honest and let me know how we did, if you think we overpaid please tell me that as well after all you guys have a ton more experience in this than me and my hubby.

Thank you all so much,
I cannot wait to begin using it, I hope I will feel so much better.

Lablover

Hot Tub Forum

Your opinions Please, appreciated and welcomed
« on: August 06, 2005, 06:54:24 pm »

lynnette

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Your opinions Please, appreciated and welcomed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 09:05:47 am »
Hi,  We have the Tiger River Caspian and just love it.  We have had it for 1 yr as of July.  We live in Michigan and it gets real cold here in the winter.  I can say our eletric bill was never more than $30 per mo during the coldest months.  Never a moment of trouble with our tub either.  We paid $7100 with no steps last yr, sounds like you got a good price.  Good Luck your going to love it.   Lynnette  :) :) :)  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 09:08:01 am by lynnette »

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 10:20:35 am »
It appears the HS dealer did more for you than you may realize.  What you laid out seems like a pretty good deal and HS is an excellent hot tub.  It seems the SD dealer makes his bread and butter in patio furniture.  It is a shame when young employees are left to "pitch" something they don't know too much about or understand.  They are sometines oriented on the "name" status of the brand and expect people to buy it.

finding a "dealer" who cares about you is probably the single most important thing when shopping for a hot tub, the brand would be second, and then of course a fair price and it seems you got all three, so put a bottle of bubbly in the fridge and find a few of those sweet smelly candles for around... ;)

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 01:17:50 pm »
Thank you both so much for your responses, I cannot wait to get it next Saturday.

Is there anything I need to do to the shell to keep it nice and shiny?  Is it difficult to balance and maintain the water.

Thank you both for answering my post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 02:57:02 pm »
Lablover, you and your husband did very well.  If you'd bought the same thing here in a 2005 model, that package would have run you about $500 more.

All you have to do to the shell is wipe it down occasionally with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Water care will take a little while to get the hang of, then become a piece of cake.

Congratulations on buying an excellent, top of the line spa.  You should enjoy it for many years to come. :)

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 03:00:14 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:39:18 am »
 Is it difficult to balance and maintain the water.

It seems like it at first, but it is something you become acustomed to pretty quickly.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:47:06 am »
I recently purchased a Tiger River Caspain. With Ozonator, cover, lifter, steps, chems and deliverly.  I paid $7200.  It's been 2 months and I am very happy with the tub. I think you got a good deal and bought a quality tub.

Did you get the 110v or 220v model?

Good luck and enjoy.
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 01:12:40 pm »
The Sumatran is a convertable (110/220) model - and that seems like a good price.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 01:32:44 pm »
The Sumatran is a convertable (110/220) model - and that seems like a good price.

Chas, does that mean the user can choose between the voltage settings?   If I have it set up to 110v and then next year decide to run it on a 220 line, I can?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:33:51 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 01:32:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42