What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I love high definition  (Read 8859 times)

gturn

Re: I love high definition
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 03:19:06 pm »
Hey Steve, I know you love photography; what photo software do you use? My son just bought himself a digital camera, took a pretty cool picture and won a first prize at our community fair...Which I thought was super since he only had the camera for 2 days!
I need ONE good program that can organize and burn my pictures cause I am sure I will soon be going into photo overload.....Any suggestions?

Adobe Photoshop has always been number one in the business world, but very expensive.  Adobe has a smaller version of Photoshop for home use called Photoshop Elements and it is great, I use it at work and you can do almost anything with it.  Buy it at Costco or Sams Club and save a bundle.  It retails for about $129 but at Costco it is around $79.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 03:19:06 pm »

gturn

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:27:09 pm »
HI Vinny, Yeah, that is what I had been using, but that darn Adobe fixed itself over my windows camera wizard. I was having trouble with the camera wizard recognizing my Fugi camera so I would have to go into "my computer" and right click on auto load when I plugged the camera in...Adobe screwed it all up and as soon as I hook up the camera, it automatically uploads the pictures and I believe stores them on line...because they aren't stored as files on my computer. I think I just have too much loaded on this computer and things are all over the place...when Adobe loads it goes immediately on line  >:( >:(   I like some things about Adobe, but I don't like it taking over my computer, if it had the option to burn, it would be OK:o   You're right, It's gotta go...

The Adobe photo album program is not Adobe Photoshop.  I don't like that program. It does however put the pictures on your hard drive, they are just in a folder inside the adobe photo album program.  

If you want something free get "Google Picasa" it is a photo organizing and editing program that is a free download from Google, it does some editing and it will find all the photos on your hard drive and organize them for you automatically without moving them.  You can edit the photos inside Picasa and it leaves your original as is.  Go to Google.com and click on "more..." it is a great program.  Here is a link.

http://picasa.google.com/
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 03:31:53 pm by gturn »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 11:00:37 pm »
Thanks Gturn, I am going to delete this trial thing and hopefully my old wizard will return to it's rightful place in the downloading of my pictures! I am going to look at the photoshop though because I have coupons on line since I tried the free download. ;) I appreciate the help!
Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

In Canada eh

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 10:49:56 pm »
Sorry gang I'm turning this one back to football ;)

Bill,

I saw the BCS rankings today, the Michigan/Ohio State game is turning out to be HUGE, may well be a national title on the line 8-)
Bullfrog 451

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 06:29:42 pm »
boni,

Photoshop Elements is excellent if you are willing to learn a bit more complex package. I have the full Photoshop Creative Suite that I don't use because Photoshop Elements has all of the key features for a fraction of the cost. Also includes the photo album that is handy for organizing your photos.

To each his (or her) own though, some folks find even Elements a bit overwhelming, but if you want most of the powerful features (like support for layers and camera raw files) of a pro package like Photoshop, then Elements is tough to beat.

If you just want basic photo organization and editing than there are many packages that can fit the bill. Like Picasa, MS Digital Image, etc..

Steve

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 07:27:29 am »
Thanks Steve, I am in the process of hooking up my new computer that will be exclusively multimedia..photos, video and TV, and it sounds like Elements could be the ONE program that would work for me. Like I said, I must have 10 different photo editing programs and each one is either missing something that another has, or I get confused because I can't figure out where all my different pictures are...I just want one program to do it all.

I appreciate your help,  Boni
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 11:06:12 am »
Sorry gang I'm turning this one back to football ;)

Bill,

I saw the BCS rankings today, the Michigan/Ohio State game is turning out to be HUGE, may well be a national title on the line 8-)

Yea, enough of this photoshop pc geek stuff!  Hopefully neither team stumbles and then the winner will play USC.  Isn't the championship game in Tempe again? You know, Ohio State West  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 05:12:01 pm »
Its only half time, but I'm going to say 4-0 in High Def!

I'm sure glad we didn't play Ball St today!   ;D

Looking back, OSU has won AT LEAST 7 games in a row when the game has been broadcast in Hi-def. There last lost, to Texas, was not broadcast in Hi-del, so I'm not sure how far the streak goes.

Had a great soak last night at 18degrees F . The tub was 104 of course.  There will be a repeat tonight.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 05:56:40 pm »
Hmm, Illionois' defense has woken up. I hope I didn't jix things.

In Canada eh

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 06:54:41 pm »
Bill

Illinois and Ball State both look like they put up a good fight but the BIG game is still on
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 11:50:17 pm »
Bill

Fun thought!

If Rutgers beats Louisville and I assume Rutgers still wouldn't get any top 5 votes.  Then Michigan beats Ohio State ( sorry but it could happen ) by 1 point.  Now heres the fun! Would there be a rematch for the national title?

HMMMMMMM

It would drive the BCS computer into a meltdown and have all the sports radio guys nickers in a real twist ;D
Bullfrog 451

In Canada eh

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 11:53:29 pm »
Just checked the final score :o Rutgers won :o

Now the fun begins ;)
Bullfrog 451

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 06:21:25 pm »
5-0 in High Def. Bring on the Black and Blue.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 06:21:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42