What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot weather tub performance  (Read 2357 times)

Injuryguy

• Go Hawkeyes!
Hot weather tub performance
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:02:58 pm »
I'm a newbie having just installled my D1 Triad  II a week ago Monday. Unfortunately here in Iowa it has been nearly 100 degrees everyday since the tub was fillled. I have the water temp set for 98 degrees. Because of the high ambient air temps my tub frequently goes into its "cooling mode" which turns off the circ pump and ozone generator.  Tonight when I took off the cover the water was quite cloudy. I suspect it is due to the circ pump not operating. I am using a vision cartridge with Leisure Time Renew, etc.

Any thoughts/suggesttions during this exceptional hot spell? Perhaps should I leave the cover partially off?

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot weather tub performance
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:02:58 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Hot weather tub performance
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 07:55:41 am »
Try propping up a corner of your cover to vent some heat.  But don't reduce your filter time too much- as you're finding out, it may cause water quality issues.  
We've been having quite the warm summer here in the Mpls/St. Paul area, too.
Brewman
Brewman

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 08:42:49 am »
Here in Florida, summer is a little warm.  I was wondering why my ozonator stopped working and found out that it won't operate when the water temp is more than 2 degrees above the set temp, which for me is 101.  It never seems to drop below 103 during the day, so I prop a fluffy towel under the cover to let a little heat get out.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 10:04:32 am »
Since my tub is completely enclosed in it's spa room/gazebo I've been able to leave the cover completely off during the hot periods of the day, but...I've heard of some using tennis balls or frozen pop bottles on either side of the cover to cool it. Good luck we are suppose to get into the 90's today so...it should be one of those days!

BP

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 10:04:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42