What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance owners/dealers  (Read 4182 times)

cappykat

Sundance owners/dealers
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:21:30 pm »
Got some new pricing I'd like some input on.

2004 Cameo floor model w/o stereo and waterfall $7810

2005 models all w/o stereo

Altamar $7900
Marin $7400
Caprio $5900
Palermo $6297

Anyone know how these loungers fit someone who is 5'3" whose height is in the torso?  Can't wet test any of these.  Wet tested the Optima only one available.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance owners/dealers
« on: August 03, 2005, 03:21:30 pm »

cappykat

Re: Sundance owners/dealers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 03:46:47 pm »
Don't remember if I shared the Jacuzzi prices or not.  Input, please?

J-385 3 pumps, 2 led lights, stereo, abs setup, delivery, etc. $8395
J-375 $7895
J-355 $6995

I was reading the posts about Jacuzzi selling off it's Eljer plumbing and concern about it's tubs.  Not a good time to buy a jacuzzi tub??? ???
2005 Marquis Epic

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 03:54:50 pm »
Don't know, but Jacuzzi also owns Sundance, so infer what you will from that.  
Brewman
Brewman

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 04:16:19 pm »
Can't really comment on the prices but I can on the fit.  

I'm 5'5", all legs but my boyfriend is 6'1", all torso.  I didn't try the lounge in the Altamar and Marin but he did and the lounge was too short for him in both of those models.  The headrest hit him below his neck.  He fit perfectly in the Cameo.  I don't drown in the Cameo lounger but it is really deep.

Hope that helps!  Good luck in your search!

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 05:48:20 pm »
We paid 9800 plus tax for a 05 Maxxus.  The deal included the cover, lift, stairs, stereo, remote, and 4 to 6 months worth of chemicall.  This also included delivery.  I think this was a great deal on a great tub!  Hopefully this will help!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 08:43:38 pm »
campalot....don't remember, where do you live?
2005 Marquis Epic

luigi311

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 10:51:15 pm »
I've got a price of $6300 for an Altamar that is a demo and comes with steps, lift, delivery and chems.  Not sure if that is good.  Very soothing and liked the wet test.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
2004 Cameo floor model w/o stereo and waterfall $7810

The 2004 Cameo did not have a waterfall so it's likely a 2005 floor model not a 2004.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 08:11:39 am »
bulmer4nc...It's a 2004 without the stereo and without the waterfall for $7810.

What does Sundance have that Jacuzzi doesn't.  They both have the same construction and warranty, they feel similar...what is the difference to warrant the higher price?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 08:14:15 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2005, 08:38:09 am »
I'm really enjoying reading Cappy's posts, as they remind me of the agony I went through deciding on my tub.  I spent more time debating than I did in my Nissan vs Toyota truck purchase.

I'm waiting to hear the reply on what Sundance has that Jacuzzi doesn't besides the higher price tag.  In fact, throw in HS while you're at it, and save me on the moto answer.

From my standpoint, the top brands are pretty close when it comes to warranty and features and the final decision comes to the individual and how they fit in the tub and use the jets, etc.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 10:11:05 am »
bulmer4nc...It's a 2004 without the stereo and without the waterfall for $7810.

What does Sundance have that Jacuzzi doesn't.  They both have the same construction and warranty, they feel similar...what is the difference to warrant the higher price?

Sorry... I mis-read your first post and thought you were saying it had the stereo.

As for the difference between them I'm not sure of all of them.  For us, we wet tested the J-385 and then tested both the Cameo and Optima all in the same day.  My personal opinion was that the Sundance just felt more solid and a little better quality.  That may not be the case but that was how we saw it.  I like that the Sundance has the jets with no moving parts.  On the Jacuzzi I didn't like the 'button' you had to push to add air into the jet stream.  I like how you can adjust the intensity on the Sundance.  I liked that the Jacuzzi had a waterfall but it seemed really cheap and flimsy.  I'm pretty sure my 4 year old would have broke it by now if we had got the Jacuzzi.  

We ended up buying the Optima as it was the best fit for us.  We actually went to test the Cameo but didn't fit in the lounger properly.  They had an Optima there and loved it.  

I think Jacuzzi probably makes a great tub.  It was just *my* opinion that the Sundance was a better quality tub.  My comparison would be like comparing a Toyota and Lexus.  Both made by the same people and Toyota is a great car but Lexus is just that little bit better.  But you know what, there's nothing wrong with a Toyota... We drive a Sienna and love it!!
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2005, 10:11:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42