What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Remote Control  (Read 2571 times)

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
HS Remote Control
« on: July 31, 2005, 05:23:44 pm »
Anyone out there have the Hot Spring remote control unit?  It looks like it can control temp settings etc... What do yo think of it?  Is it worth the $$?

Hot Tub Forum

HS Remote Control
« on: July 31, 2005, 05:23:44 pm »

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
Re: HS Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 11:55:13 pm »
My Marquis Epic came with the remote.  Dealer told me it was standard with the Epic after I told him it was a deal clincher.  It controls the temp, lights and pumps.  It will also display current temp and indicate that pumps or heat are on.  If the power is out, the unit will alarm after a couple of hours to indicate that there is no communications.  I have it about 10 meters (30 feet)from the tub in and it works ultrasonic so you don't have to be in a direct line.  The unit in the tub plugs into the Balboa controller.  I would rate this as the number one option for any tub owner especially in colder climates.  No need to go outside to check the temp ever.
Good luck!

mxw128

• Newbie with an 05 Vanguard
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 07:58:09 am »
Ok, thanks for the reply.  I'm really considering the remote because I will be installing the tub with the control panel facing away from the house, so I won't be able to see the indicator lights.  I wonder if the Marquis and HS funtionality are the same....I think the HS dealer wanted $260ish for it though...

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 08:57:44 am »
I am an electronic geek and am also a very early adopter of technology. In other words I pay a high price for the latest gadgets when they first come out because I don’t want to wait.

I did not buy the remote from the start because it was not included in the package but was certain I was going to pick it up. My dealer wants $300

After using my Vanguard I really can’t see why I would need a remote.

I have both pumps on at the same time and have to move the diverter valve manually anyway.

Temperature is set and I don’t mess with it especially often enough to need a remote.

I usually use the spa everyday or check the free chlorine everyday so I can see if the spa has a problem. Even if they spa has a problem it will take a couple of days for the water temp to drop so it’s not that critical.

The auxiliary panel on the back of the tub allows me to control lighting and the pumps.

I would be the first not to hesitate on buying a remote but in this case really don’t see a need for it.

If it controlled a stereo that would be completely different.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 09:41:38 pm »
I love Marquis in house wireless remote for several reasons...

I like the fact that I can know the temp from inside my house, I can adjust temp from the house and I can even turn on the pumps for a quick clean up before I even step outside.

I also believe that Marquis has Maintinance reminders on the remote and to my knowledge HS does not.

I agree that it is a bit pricey but it's worth it for me....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 09:42:01 pm by stuart »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:20:13 am »
I also believe that Marquis has Maintinance reminders on the remote and to my knowledge HS does not.

You're right, there's nothing on the HotSpring Spa that requires maintenance (except to put your filters in the dishwasher once a month) ;)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 10:24:32 am »

You're right, there's nothing on the HotSpring Spa that requires maintenance (except to put your filters in the dishwasher once a month) ;)

Terminator

....and your Marquis spa control will tell you to do that! Also when to drain it ;) ;D 8)

newtotubbing

• Lovin' my Vista
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 08:10:54 pm »
I have the remote and use it to check to make sure the spa temp is correct and that the spa is up and running without having to go outside.  In the dead of winter when it is very cold, this feature proves it's worth.

You can control the entire spa from it alot easier that the front panel.

Jonathan
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 08:11:57 pm by newtotubbing »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 08:10:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42