What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Vita wet test  (Read 4779 times)

cappykat

Vita wet test
« on: August 02, 2005, 08:42:54 pm »
I wet tested the Cabaret and Essence and floated out of every seat.  Couldn't relax in any seat and felt like I was trying to hold-on to keep from floating out of the tub.  

Couldn't get a feel for the dealer.  He had 3 spas setup for wet testing but never once suggested we do that.  It was at my insistance that I finally got in.  He said only 2% of his buyers wet test.  He tried to sell us on the Nuance (no wet test) because it had the foot mound and I could anchor myself on it.  He said the newer tubs with the intense therapy have to be adjusted to your personal taste and I could do that with their jets.  I'm just leary because I wasn't comfortable in the tub at all.  Even if I learn to adjust to my preference, I'm unsure from the wet test.

He gave us a price of $8400 w/out stereo but with led lighting, ozonator, setup, delivery, cover (no lift).
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Vita wet test
« on: August 02, 2005, 08:42:54 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Vita wet test
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:06:43 pm »
Seems very high to me....You may have floated for a few reasons but I think it is more than just jet pressure ....

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:33:09 pm »
Mendocino...tell me the other reasons and what kind of price you would expect?
2005 Marquis Epic

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:02:24 pm »
the way a seat is designed can help you to stay seated better than some, as an example with loungers when they are designed and you have the type that place your hips in a position where there angled upward you are most likely going to float. As for the price I thought one of the reasons to consider a spa like a Vita was to get more for your money at over 8000.00 you can consider some of the nicer Marquis....Hot Springs.....Sundance's etc.....so for me I do not see the value in it at that price.....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:03:04 pm by Mendocino101 »

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 10:47:37 pm »
Next to checkout are Marquis, Artesian, Coleman, & Beachcomber.  If I don't find something in one of those then I'll go back to Sundance and see if I can negotiate a better deal.

I'll keep looking.
2005 Marquis Epic

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 11:22:35 pm »
Cappy;

What size are you? What size are the family members? Is a lounge important?

I have sold Coleman and Beachcomber. Perhaps I can make a suggestion...

I am sure with those questions answered other dealers may have suggestions.

If a lounge is a priority, the Coleman C471 is one of the better "anti-float" loungers I have encoutered.
Homeworks Financing Representative

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 09:22:23 am »
My husband 6'3" and myself 5'3".  A lounge is important to me because of my back it's difficult for me to sit for any length of time.

2005 Marquis Epic

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 09:43:36 am »
Thanks Cappy. That helps me make suggestions. You should still wet/dry test. The only wild card I see size wise now is leg v torso length. I am 6'3" my wife is 5'2" so I will share our observations regarding Beachcomber / Coleman.

It may be difficult to fit a Beachcomber in your situation. The best lounge models, 720x & 740 offer nice lounges, but lack shoulder deep seating for your hubby. The 550x is a little light on jetting and the lounge is not a "no float" deign. I have experienced the 740 and the lounge was the only spot I could completely submerse myself.

The Coleman 471 would be better for you than the 481. The 481 has a lounger designed for a taller individual. The 471 lounger is perfect for your height, a little short for him. There are two great seats for you and he in the 471 aswell. If you both like to lounge look at the 482 or Maxxim series from Coleman. When I was selling Coleman, I did not have one customer tell me they floated in the 471 lounge. Spahappy will likely support this statement. The 471 was my wifes favorite tub. She does like overpowering massage (i do, one of the many things we disagree on  ;D ). Coleman is not the most powerful tub out there, but they do a good job on jet placement IMHO.

Good luck, hope this helps.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 09:46:09 am by HotTubMan »

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 09:53:46 am »
The Vita salesman was surprised at how I fit in their seats.  He said I must have a long torso....he's right.  Not sure I understand that but yes, my height is in my torso not my legs.

The Coleman models I had down to look at are the 481 & 471.  You said you use to sell Coleman's....what do you sell now?  Obviously you have no problem with their galvanized frame?  I know backpains really likes hers.

Thanks for the suggestions!
2005 Marquis Epic

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 09:53:53 am »
My husband 6'3" and myself 5'3".  A lounge is important to me because of my back it's difficult for me to sit for any length of time.

Your have wet tested other spas haven't you?  Look for loungers that the legs are bent more downward than outward.  It seems  that sometimes some people seem to float less in those
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:57:21 am »
Hottubman...I'm not sure about those seats that have that wrap-a-round headrest.  I noticed the same type thing on the Marquis Island series.  Now I'm just looking at pictures but it looks like you're "locked" into those seats which doesn't look very comfortable to me.

Guess I won't know until we try but just curious....
2005 Marquis Epic

cappykat

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:14:27 am »
wmcall...I checked out your web page and see you have a Dynasty.  The closest dealer to me is in Tampa. 

Another question I have.  If we were to buy from a dealer outside of Orlando...say 60+ miles away, who would service the tub if we had problems?

Hottubman...I'm walking out the door to see the Marquis tubs and possibly the Colemans.  Any idea what models in the Marquis line would be good candidates?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:53:48 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:16:25 am »
Another question I have.  If we were to buy from a dealer outside of Orlando...say 60+ miles away, who would service the tub if we had problems?

Ask teh dealer and also ask if there would be a "trip charge" for warranty service (and get it in writing). I just want to make sure you're aware before it surprises you down the line as most assume warranty work is totally free but trip charges are used by some dealers, especially with that kind of distance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 01:18:30 pm »
The Vita salesman was surprised at how I fit in their seats.  He said I must have a long torso....he's right.  Not sure I understand that but yes, my height is in my torso not my legs.

It does make a difference. I sold a C471 to a gentleman that was 5'8". When he sat in the deep seat of the 471 it was a little tight, where as I fit perfectly. He was all torso. I tend to think my legs and torso are fairly average, but I am tall.

The Coleman models I had down to look at are the 481 & 471.  You said you use to sell Coleman's....what do you sell now?  Obviously you have no problem with their galvanized frame?  I know backpains really likes hers.

I currently sell Hydropool. Rather than try to sell you one on the internet, I thought I could be more helpful addressing the tubs you have decided to look at. If there is a Hydropool dealer near you, check them out.

The reason for the switch, as many here may remember, was a geography thing. I decided to move about 65 miles to be closer to my parents and inlaws after my baby was born and wife returned to work. The local Coleman dealer simply wasn't a good fit for me, although I like and respect the product.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 01:21:07 pm »
Hottubman...I'm not sure about those seats that have that wrap-a-round headrest.  I noticed the same type thing on the Marquis Island series.  Now I'm just looking at pictures but it looks like you're "locked" into those seats which doesn't look very comfortable to me.

Guess I won't know until we try but just curious....

Wet test. The wrap around head rests are great...if you aree the right size for the seat.

Oh, I forgot to answer your comment on the frame. I do beleive it to be a solid feature. Pressure treated frames are good too. I do not think the frame, in the models you mentioned (i dont know Vita), should affect your decision one way or the other.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 01:21:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42