What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ready to Go  (Read 5696 times)

cappykat

Ready to Go
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:12:01 pm »
Got the go ahead from our insurance but not as much as we had anticipated.  We want to spend around $6K.  What mfg and model do you suggest we look at?

I want good therapy, so is there anything out there for that price?
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Ready to Go
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:12:01 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Ready to Go
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:34:47 pm »
I would look at Artesian Island series, Beachcomber 300 or 500 series, Coleman and Down East.

I guess but don't know that D1, Marquis and the smaller Sundance secondary lines would also be in that price range.

Your probably not going to get bells and whistles, but it will be a nice spa!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 04:44:47 pm »
Well,

I have had back pains for most of my life from awaterskiing accident.  I had my doctor prescribe a hot tub to eliminate the sales tax with the pain and also learned it is now a tax deduction because it was prescribed.

What's really important is that the jacuzzi j335 far surpassed any other models i wet tested.  One pump is dedicated to what I call the money seat, with all the jets and the other pumps run the other seats with each seat focusing on a different area of the back.  I wasn't looking for all the bells and whistles, but now that I have the stereo, lights and waterfall, and ozonator in my $6200 package, I am glad they came in the deal.  I also liked the full foam and non wood bottom.

I tried out other models that were considerably more, and the decision was easy once I wet tested.  I have heard people complain that the jets are too strong and it's not relaxing, but the money I have saved on deep tissue treatments and chiropractors along with the fun of having the tub on the patio has been priceless.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 04:46:45 pm by orlandoguy »

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »
Orlandoguy....see your PM
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 05:00:05 pm »
Got the go ahead from our insurance but not as much as we had anticipated.  We want to spend around $6K.  What mfg and model do you suggest we look at?

I want good therapy, so is there anything out there for that price?

6k will get you a very good spa and all the spa brands you were looking at before will also make quality spas for that lower price. You may have to skip some of the flash but you'll still get a Quality spa with good hydrotherapy. There are lots of good tubs out there and many will let you know about how they like their brand so you'll get lots of feedback. Check out the options in your area but this is a major pruchase so make sure you're getting a Quality tub that'll last for years. Some spas will be priced to save you $$ up front but hurt you in the pockets down the line so make sure you're looking at value, not just price.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 06:35:27 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 05:01:12 pm »
You are in Vita Spas backyard.  They even have a few factory stores down there.  That has got to save you some shipping costs.  Give them a look.

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 05:29:45 pm »
Yes, we sure do have a Vita factory outlet.  I just didn't know much about them as I haven't seen many posts on Vita.  

I guess we're kind of back at square 1 with looking and wet testing again.  Thanks for the input, I'll check them out.
2005 Marquis Epic

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 05:46:27 pm »
JJ, are you in Orlando?  Mind telling me what you paid for the Nuage and what features you have?  I've called and we'll go one night this week.

Also, located the Beachcomber dealer and we'll check them out also.

I'll keep ya posted. ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 06:27:33 pm »
Cappy...as you know I've got the tub perscribed for my back, an injury can make it hard to get comfortable at night in bed, I spend most of my night laying there staring at the ceiling, I get about 3 hours a night now. The first two hours are steady after that it's really a cat type nap all night. I don't want to get up and go to the hot tub every two hours at night cause i don't want to wake up my better half, he does have to work the next day. You might want to look at the Coleman 461, no bells and wistles, no waterfall or 24 hour filtration.....but, it did fit me very well and it does help with my back...it at least makes it to where I can get out of the tub and make it back to the house without any problems. Whichever hot tub you decide I do hope that your pains just melt away!

BP

cappykat

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 08:12:17 pm »
I know I'll find the right tub...it's just going to take some more time and wet testing.

After several weeks of researching and looking we had decided on the SD Cameo, but since part of the expense is coming out of our pockets, I'm not ready to spend $10K on a spa.  That's why we're out looking again and now in a more affordable price range.  

It's going to be tough to beat the Cameo but I'm sure I'll find the right tub.  We had some good price quotes on the HS, so we may look at them again.

I enjoy the hunt!! ;D

2005 Marquis Epic

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 08:15:53 pm »
spatech t.u.c....what do you mean value?  What would you consider "must haves"?
2005 Marquis Epic

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 10:24:16 am »
I looked at Vita Spa before settling and found them to be decent.  They have a nice showroom in Orlando.

The one thing that was weird about them was the guy kept praising the misting system which he said kept the surface area cooler.  I nodded my head but thought why would I want water misting me tha has been in the hot hose all day?  He also kept dodging the lack of full foam insulation issue and the shorter warranty.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 10:34:20 am »
There are many brands that have decent spas in that range...

Marquis
D1
Hotspring
Caldera
Sundance

These are all top rated, take a look at them in your comparision...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 11:02:18 am »
spatech t.u.c....what do you mean value?  What would you consider "must haves"?

What I mean is sometimes people get shortsighted and buy based too much on price alone. VALUE includes other important aspects such as Warranty (needs to be good on paper and from a company known to honor it), Efficiency (all claim to be, not all are equal), Quality (all spas look good new, many end up in the landfill before their 9th birthday), customer service from dealer (and manufacturer), etc. A good spa will last you 12+ years so take your time and choose wisely.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 11:36:35 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 11:32:57 am »
Good advice, I appreciate it.
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 11:32:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42