What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dove Canyon  (Read 3550 times)

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
Dove Canyon
« on: July 25, 2005, 06:24:48 pm »
Hi,
I am building a deck for my Dove Canyon and from the booklet it indicates the deminsions for the tub to be 97x97x37.  I was wondering if anyone has a Dove Canyon and if this 97x97 measurement is taken from the top of the tub.  Also how do you like your tub?  Is it on a deck?

Thanks,
Ellen
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

Dove Canyon
« on: July 25, 2005, 06:24:48 pm »

devilwoman

Re: Dove Canyon
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 07:59:53 pm »
Sorry, wrong deminsions should be 92x92x37.  I wish it was 97x97.  Anyway if someone has one if they could tell me if it is actually 92x92 at the very top of the spa that would be helpful and if you know the deminsions at the very bottom that would be great too!!  ;D  Thanks so much.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 09:29:02 pm »
I have the Artesian Cayman and it has similar dimensions but you don't want to pre build a deck to sink in for any spa.

The best thing to do is to put the spa in it's place and then put the decking around it. This will help with the curves in the tub (corners). The decking boards can be scribed to fit exactly.

The one thing to remember though is that the panels need to be removed IF service is needed. As you build the deck, keep that in mind, With the Dove Canyon, it will have 5 pumps (actually 6 with the circ pump) and need access to 3 sides.

This isn't what you asked for but I hope it helps!

devilwoman

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 11:10:02 pm »
Too late deck for the most part is all framed up...it will not be totally sunken into the deck...probably 3/4 of the way.  Easy access to all sides.  It will sit down on a 2x4 treated lumber platform framed around and under by 4x8 tembers reinforced with 4 x 12 beams.  You can actually stand underneath the deck...so it won't be a problem.  I planned for 2 inch clearance on all sides in order to place the hot tub into it's hole...I just wanted to know from someone who had a Dove Canyon what the exact deminsion are on the top and on the bottom.  Thanks though for the advice...appreciate your post.

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 10:53:39 am »
Hi "Devilwoman:"

First, LOVE that Nic.  Second, my Piper Glen should have the same dimensions as your Dove Canyon. If that's the case, the dimensions they quote are from the outside edge of the shell. That means there is a small "overhang" that is about 2" MORE than the footprint of the tub. I'll measure mine tonight and get back to you if no other Dove Canyon owners reply...

Drewski

8)  
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

devilwoman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 12:45:59 pm »
Hi "Devilwoman:"

First, LOVE that Nic.  Second, my Piper Glen should have the same dimensions as your Dove Canyon. If that's the case, the dimensions they quote are from the outside edge of the shell. That means there is a small "overhang" that is about 2" MORE than the footprint of the tub. I'll measure mine tonight and get back to you if no other Dove Canyon owners reply...

Drewski

8)  

Thanks Yeah I would appreciate your help...just courious you know want to make sure everything fits alright.

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 09:03:13 pm »
beware the devil woman, she's gonna get ya!   :o
wasn't that ELO.  great band.  anyway i have an artesian dove canyon for about 2 months now.  it's inside my sunroom.  awsome tub. i wet tested all the major brands including sundance, marquis, saratoga, hot springs, and just looked at quite a few more. i definitely took my time in making my decision, that's a lot of $ right, you want to love your tub.  did you wet test the dove?  it's a very therapeutic tub. the lounge is great,  along with every other seat in it.  you will love it!  i am very pleased with the purchase. every seat has it's own control, with water and air flow adjustment.  also the bottom of the tub measures 87"x 87".  the 92" x 92" is across the top.   one little tip before you fill it with water.  make sure it's level.  i have to drain mine in a couple months and raise one end up 1/2".  any questions feel free to pm me.   8)

devilwoman

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 07:17:46 pm »
beware the devil woman, she's gonna get ya!   :o
wasn't that ELO.  great band.  anyway i have an artesian dove canyon for about 2 months now.  it's inside my sunroom.  awsome tub. i wet tested all the major brands including sundance, marquis, saratoga, hot springs, and just looked at quite a few more. i definitely took my time in making my decision, that's a lot of $ right, you want to love your tub.  did you wet test the dove?  it's a very therapeutic tub. the lounge is great,  along with every other seat in it.  you will love it!  i am very pleased with the purchase. every seat has it's own control, with water and air flow adjustment.  also the bottom of the tub measures 87"x 87".  the 92" x 92" is across the top.   one little tip before you fill it with water.  make sure it's level.  i have to drain mine in a couple months and raise one end up 1/2".  any questions feel free to pm me.   8)

Thanks hair...dang I really appreciate your response.  Finally someone who has one.   Yeah I fell in love with it at first sight...then when I got into it...they had to pull me out cuz I didn't want to get out.  

Is your Dove out on a deck?

hair

• artesian gives lust, jealousy gives regret
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 08:25:39 pm »
hey devil woman.  my tub is inside a 28' x 16' sunroom. it has 2 eight foot sliders, 4  3' x 6' windows, and a 6' slider, all vinyl.  the tub was set on the cement floor and then i tiled around it.  i  decided to get mine cause of my herniated disc, i needed a tub with a lot of therapy, and this tub kicks ass!  i searched for months, researched all the different manufacturers, and i can honestly say i don't think i could of bought a better tub.  i'm new to this chemical stuff and had no problems so far.  i'm using nature 2 and dichlor.  keeps water sparkling.  are you gonna put yours sunk in your deck outside?  that sounds cool!    

devilwoman

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 12:46:50 pm »
Yeah thats the plan...we will see how it goes.  Glad to know someone who has a Dove.  Where do ya live?  I'm in Alaska.  Winters will be fun in the tub...What kind of cover do you have?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 12:46:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42