What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Back from Europe, call me Chevy Chase  (Read 8605 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Back from Europe, call me Chevy Chase
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:25 pm »
Well, I am back from my three week trip to Europe.  This year we hit France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Austria.  It was a good trip, but I was robbed, pit pocketed, my windshield was smashed out, and an 18 wheeler rant over the front end of my car.  Not to mention that I cant speak German, so they thought it would be easier to charge me for the accident.  The problem was that I was parked eating lunch when it happened.

Other than that beautiful scenery and great beer.  I drank a beer from each town that I stopped at in Germany.  It was awsome.

Hot Tub Forum

Back from Europe, call me Chevy Chase
« on: November 02, 2006, 03:40:25 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: Back from Europe, call me Chevy Chase
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:49:44 pm »
While in Paris, I tried to solve the Davinchi Code myself, but I got confused

This is a beautiful town called Lugano, it is in Switzerland.  It is a midevil town, the bridge has old paintings which outline the plague.  Kink of spookie but beautiful to look at.

this is the castle that Walt Disney copied for his castles.  It is in Germany, by a town called Garmisch. Beautiful country, souther Germany.  Great beer as well.

I dont think this need an explanation.  Boy was this bad boy leaning.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:52:01 pm by bosco0633 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 03:53:09 pm »
Are  you allowed to leave the country before paying the ticket?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 03:54:52 pm »

This is a beautiful town called Lugano, it is in Switzerland.  It is a midevil town, the bridge has old paintings which outline the plague.

Please forgive me, I know its just a simple typo, but are you sure it wasn't really evil town?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 03:55:06 pm »
nope, 100 Euros or Go to jail.  I paid the ticket, thats all that I needed was to be arrested in germany.  Tell me my boss wouldnt be mad when I got back.  I just cant believe as a police officer myself, that the police could do that.  Well maybe I could, it was close to shift change.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 03:56:49 pm »
right over my head WMcall

what u mean

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 04:20:14 pm »
At least you did not take the gay picture everybody takes of them holding up the tower.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 05:45:44 pm »

what u mean

He was talking about you referring to that town as "midevil" as opposed to "lesserevil" or "moreevil".  Moreevil would be someplace like Baghdad and lesserevil would be someplace like Longview, TX.  "Fairtomidevil" would be someplace like Las Vegas.  That's about as evil a place as I could tolerate.

The pictures were very, very nice and I'm glad those hillbilly Uropeons didn't kill you dead and have their way with your corpse.  The Frogs have been known to do such shenanigans....and they truly do suckulate.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

anne

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 10:12:53 pm »

what u mean

I thought he was just teasing him for spelling medieval wrong.....

Awesome photos. You make me yearn to be back there too.....I was in Europe for the first time ever about a month ago. Just Spain and Italy. Took 300 photos. Only about 50 good ones. I thought I had bad luck because we made train errors that cost us about 100E, and I lost my hat in Venice and left my camera battery behind in Florence.....but now I feel lucky that I never dealt with the police.
Dance like nobody's watching

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 06:39:14 am »
did you tell them that you are a police officer?

But germany has the best beer

and how did you like the autobahn?

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 09:00:38 am »
I tried everything Frank!

beer was incredible.  Every small town has there own brewery and they sell to all the local stores and bars.  So each night we would hit a different gastoph and drink the local beer.  

One night in Munich, we ate at the Hofbrauhaus.  It was aswome atmosphere and great beer.  Here is there website.

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html

As for the autobahn, man it was awsome.  We rented an Alfa romeo sports car.  It was fast and did I ever take it to the limit.  It is funny to see no speed limits posted, rather, you see a signe that says 100km/h ends.  Next thing you know the left lane becomes a race track.  I was doing 170km/h and flying and I had cars passing me on the left like I was standing still.  It was incredible.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 09:46:31 am »
I tried everything Frank!

beer was incredible.  Every small town has there own brewery and they sell to all the local stores and bars.  So each night we would hit a different gastoph and drink the local beer.  

One night in Munich, we ate at the Hofbrauhaus.  It was aswome atmosphere and great beer.  Here is there website.

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/index_en.html

Wow! the hafbrahhaius?!?! My Grandfather told me about that place!  Bosco, your trip to germany has brougth back some great memories. THANK YOU.

See, my Grandfather was a airforce pilot in WW II and spent some time in a german POW camp. He would tell me all sorts of stories about Germany, and he mentioned the Hafbrahaus many many  times.   He actually got friendly with some of the german guards and they would take him into town and he'd eat there.at the haufbrauhaus!  (In actuallality, my grandfather was running an undergroud espionage ring out of the POW camp right under the noses of the guards.) It's nice to know the haufbrau house is still there. I would like to go there someday and see all the places my grandfather spoke about.  He told me fantastic stories about having tunnels out of the camp that they would use to go into town, and smuggle soilders back home.  It was amazing.  My grandfather was truely a fantastic man.

After the war, he married the secretary from the POW camp.  (Durng his internment, she would often help him).

Thanks Bosco. Your pics  have brought back a lot of great memories of a truely wonderful man.  Thanks.  The stories he told me of his service were amazing. Bless  your Gamps.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 10:42:22 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 10:51:07 am »
did you follow the link to the website????  This was Hitlers hang out with his top ranking officers.  He kind of just took it as his own.  

I have some photos of the place to share with you.  Where else did your grandfather speak of.  I have been all over Southern Germany, perhaps I can share some pictures with you.  I am going to go again.  This time just southern Germany.  When you are ready to go again , let me know I will help you plan.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 11:21:18 am »
Bosco

My grandfather would speak often about Desuledorf, the trains that would run by the camp, (the Berlin Express), Helga's Haufbrau, Heidleburg, Berlin. Many many places.  He told me how they used to have a secret radio hidden in an old coffee pot....truely amazing stuff.  
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 11:23:39 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 12:16:15 pm »

drewstar's grandpa
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 12:16:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42