What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What in sam hill??  (Read 3221 times)

tootall

What in sam hill??
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:16:27 pm »
take a look at this, Jacquzzi com[pany for sale?
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2005/07/26/a1d_jacuzzi_0726.html
I hope that this not true even though I do not have a spa from them I still think it would be a sad day if it did happen.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 10:17:36 pm by tootall »

Hot Tub Forum

What in sam hill??
« on: July 31, 2005, 10:16:27 pm »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Re: What in sam hill??
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 10:26:52 pm »
The kink no longer works!  Perhaps some one bought it!

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 12:05:03 am »
take a look at this, Jacquzzi com[pany for sale?
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2005/07/26/a1d_jacuzzi_0726.html
I hope that this not true even though I do not have a spa from them I still think it would be a sad day if it did happen.

changes impact some and benfit others, there is something afoote, economic times are hard on everyone and a few recent threads indicate some dealers feel a slow down in the market because of ieither 1 the weather or 2 the economy, but I believe they are talking about two of their much smaller holdings and the Hot Tub business is not mentioned, besides the stock is up 20%.  I can tell you this, they are out for increasing market share ;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 12:06:02 am by J._McD »

tootall

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 12:15:15 am »
Well thats good I just even though I am biased toward the marquis wonder why ;D but still I think Jacquzzi is an American Icon for hot tubs. And I would still hate to see it disappear.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 01:55:59 am »
I may not be 100% correct, but...................

Some years ago, the Jacuzzi brothers, there were 3 or 5, I can't remember, had a falling out and each went into business for themselves. Funny thing, they each used their last name in the name of ther new company.

Jacuzzi Brands Inc's,  Jacuzzi bath divisions, manufactures jetted bath tubs, NOT Jacuzzi portable spas.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 09:10:11 am »
Some of the Jacuzzi brothers are prevented from using the Jacuzzi thus, Jason Spas.  Jacuzzi Brands is seperate from Jacuzzi Brothers and Jacuzzi Brands is the Company that is germain to this duscussion.  The next time you are in the airport or a public restroom and the urinal says Eljer, you can take great delight in what you are doing to a previously owned Jacuzzi Brands company, and then there is the vaccum cleaner company that was sold off as well.

In reviewing the article, there is no mention about the Hot Tub industry which I believe to be very profitable but under some management stress.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:12:38 pm »
Try this link...It is still active
[link]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2005/07/26/a1d_jacuzzi_0726.html[/link]

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:12:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42