What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Portable Radio  (Read 2125 times)

Michelle

• He said "trust me!" so I married him.
Portable Radio
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:46:18 am »
Hello again
We ae looking for a small portable radio to cart out to the tub now and then.  Needs to have a remote and it would be nice if it had bateries that recharge in the unit when it is plugged in so that we don't have to plug it in when taking it outside.  Our other option is to buy a set of outdoor speakers and connect to the stereo in the house but then we couldn't use the remote or adjust volume when in the tub.  Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
Michelle

Hot Tub Forum

Portable Radio
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:46:18 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Portable Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:00:32 am »
I'm not aware of portable steroe that has a recharable battieries in them. They would have to use NiCad batteries to do this... Google shows a "Jeep rechargable boombox" available through Linen N thngs, but Linen things is out of stock....?

I have Bose 251 outdoor speakers in my yard. The sound quality is exceptional, however, in the tub with the jet's on, it's hard to hear the music. (The speakers are off to the side about 30 feet away.) You should have better luck if you mounted the speakers nearer to the tub. YMMV.

Perhaps the Bose Wave radio? It's portable, and has a remote and quality sound. ?
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Portable Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 11:00:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42