What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot springs, tiger river, or bullfrog  (Read 22453 times)

tlc

hot springs, tiger river, or bullfrog
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:57:42 am »
Hot tub shopping, does anyone have anything good/bad to say about bullfrog. was all set to buy either tiger river siberian or hot springs envoy/soveriegn. My electrician told me of a bullfrog dealer. Price is much better. but can't find much on them. I will be wet testing both hopefully in the next week. Would like to keep price around 8 out the door.
Thanks
TLC

Hot Tub Forum

hot springs, tiger river, or bullfrog
« on: January 12, 2005, 08:57:42 am »

shoemaker

Re: hot springs, tiger river, or bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 09:20:01 am »
Never heard of Bullfrog, but we love our HS Envoy !

Good idea about wet testing. It's really the only way you will know for sure if you like the tub.

;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 09:20:26 am by shoemaker »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:51:58 pm »
tlc,
As shoemaker said, I'd certainly wet test all 3....that usually separates the wheat from the chaff.  The Bullfrog concept looks really nice.....I would have considered'em if there were a dealer in Florida but there were none when I was looking.  You certainly can't go wrong with either Hot Springs or Tiger River....cost and comfort would be the determining factors there.  Wet test, wet test, wet test.....find a dealer with which you are comfortable....take your time.  This is a big investment so do everything you can to make it one you can live with for a long time. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

tlc

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:55:41 pm »
Thanks,
Just got back from a hs dealer about 1 hour away with all models. Have wet tested hs very nice. Would like to hear from anyone regarding bullfrog. concept looks great, but will they be around in ten years, or will the jetpak system make it???
Never can get these anwsers from the dealers.
tlc

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 12:56:43 pm »
When you say the price is much better, does that mean cheaper?  If so, be sure and ask the dealer why a Bullfrog Spa is cheaper.  There are many reasons why.

A Pontiac is cheaper than a Mercedes, which car would you rather own for the rest of your life?

Bullfrog Spas are better than a lot of spas, but they have some drawbacks as well.  It's probably a closer comparison with the Tiger River as opposed to the HotSpring.

Any of the spas you mentioned will give you enjoyment and hydrotherapy, it's just a matter of quality and overall customer satisfaction with the product that should determine the right spa for you.

Good luck with whichever brand you go with :)!

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tlc

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 01:04:38 pm »
Ok, your a hot springs dealer , I have a couple questions
Why is the tiger river brand less expensive. Talking to the dealer here in michigan he said they are the same except the warranty on the cabnet is less. Why can I get a siberian for 7,700 compared to a hs envoy for 8,800 when the envoy is a much smaller tub?  If I could just go buy any hot tub I wanted I would get the hs envoy. But we really weren't prepared to pay over 8,000 tops. What would you recommend .

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 01:08:51 pm »
Thanks,
ce. Would like to hear from anyone regarding bullfrog. concept looks great, but will they be around in ten years, or will the jetpak system make it???
Never can get these anwsers from the dealers.
tlc

A lot of us here who have tubs and bought them before we ever heard of Bull Frog, are looking forward to hearing from owners or people who wet test, so let us know.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 01:18:23 pm »
I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Differences between HS and TR:

1. Filtration- HotSpring has 100% No-Bypass filtration utilizing up to 5 filters.  Tiger River filters like a conventional spa with 1-2 filters.

2.  Heater- HS No-Fault Heater is made from titanium, housing and element.  TR uses a stainless steel element like other spas.

3.  Jets- HS has Moto-Massage and Soothing Seven jets.  TR does not.

4.  Controls- HS has 2 control panels for convenience.  TR has 1 top side control.

5.  Shell- HS has Pearlescent shell.  TR does not.

Another reason that the Siberian is being sold at such a great price is that it is being discontinued. :( :( :(

I've sold 7 Envoys in the last two weeks.  If it were my money, that's what I would get and never regret it! ;D

CEO
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tvaughan

• Hot Springs Grandee Owner
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 07:57:56 pm »
 If I could just go buy any hot tub I wanted I would get the hs envoy. But we really weren't prepared to pay over 8,000 tops. What would you recommend .

What is it about the HS envoy that you liked so much over the TR Siberian ?  Did you wet test the siberian too?  I honestly love the siberian.  When we were shopping my choice came down between the siberian and the Grandee. I had a deal on the siberian for 6500.00 but opted for the grandee and paid 8500.00  We are happy with our choice.  We love our grandee.
Good-luck.  Take your time.  

-Tom-

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 09:29:41 pm »
I picked the Envoy based on specs and price and a wet test confirmed it.  Paid under 8K with everything but tax.

flajoker

• Hot Springs...Envoy
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 03:19:22 am »
Just bought Envoy 2 weeks ago with cover, lifter, ozone, towel and drink holder, plastic steps, delivered, set-up for 7400.00 not including tax, It is 04 model, brand new out of the box

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 08:02:34 am »
Ordered the Bullfrog DVD and got it last night. Its pretty light and fluffy (worst actors)  You do see people actually changing the jet packs in the video.  At this point, I could't buy one with out a wet test and knowing someone who has owned one, at least for a few months.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tlc

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 08:20:27 am »
As far as that awesome price on the envoy where do you live??
I would love to know what dealers actually mark these things up. My guess is about 2,500 to 3,000 above cost. How could you get one for 7,something when mine starts at 8,600. If your anywhere near michigan maybe I should rent a trailer and come pick one up!!
Tracey
My husband is leaning toward the bullfrog. Should be able to wet test next week. I on the other hand am very leary about this brand.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 10:56:58 am »
I think the Bullfrog idea is indeed unique but I don't think its much more than a marketing strategy. That doesn't mean they're not a fine spa, I've never wet tested one. I simply think very few people will ever be changing out jet packs so I think it comes down to how they we test against other spas, how they honor their warranty, what their dealers are like, the overall quality of their spas, etc. (or bascially, what it always comes down to).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

tlc

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 11:36:54 am »
I just read an interesting article in forbes.com june 04. Bullfrog came up with the idea and has several patons on the jetpak system. Yes at this point I don't think I will be changing my jetpaks but when an new jet comes out on 08 or so If I go with this system I will be able to upgrade. Also forbes article said several large ht companies have tried to buy out the bullfrog company. Sounds to me like if the wet test goes great!! I may go with the bullfrog.you should read forbes article. would attach but I'm not very computer savy!
Tracey
My bullfrog dealer has offered for me to wet test at her house! I am very ancious to give this a wet test I may just have to take her up on it so I don't have to wait another week.
Also with the price of hot tubs all over the place, I wonder why watkins can't just sell online!!! I think many dealers have way too much overhead. Yesterday I went to lifestyles in utica michigan(hour away) the guy boosted about being the "countries" largest dealer. He was able to give me a 03 used outdoor showroom soveriegn for $7,101.99 . That is the worst deal ever!! I can get a new one for that!!!
Sick of these dealers giving great deals!!!!NOT

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 11:36:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42