What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 7838 times)

drprwnap

Need advice
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:53:42 am »
I gang.  I haven't posted in awhile because I've been busy at work (seasonal) and haven't purchased a tub yet.  We have looked at HS , Marquis, and Coleman.  I want to get back into the (serious) shopping mode but the wife has made HER decision and wants the HS Vanguard and doesn't want to look or wet test any more.  I like the Vanguard but  would like to look at a couple models from Sundance and the Marquis Epic.  Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the wife back to shopping???? The Vanguard may be the spa for us but I would like to look a little more.  HELP!!

drprwnap  8)
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Need advice
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:53:42 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 12:11:02 pm »
Good lord man! Who wears the pants in the family? Tell this woman that you'lll by the tub you want, when you want and that's that! Any questions?  :-X

Or perhaps try my method....Vodka: yummy delicious convincer of expensive toys.

Seriously, maybe she's tired of schlepping to different places all over the state and hearing the same old same old from smarmy spa salesman with their greased back hair and copious gold necklaces, leisure suites and mirrored sunglasses? 8)

Perhaps if you, on your own, without her did some comparison shopping and only if you found something significantly better suited for you, then and only then approach her to take a look? Dinner afterwards would be nice...and vodka.

Ort go with the Vanguard. I think it's a great tub.
  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 12:15:51 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 12:12:22 pm »
Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on how to get the wife back to shopping???? The Vanguard may be the spa for us but I would like to look a little more.  HELP!!

drprwnap  8)

Tell her you want to take her to Nordstrams and then make a detour to the spa store. Or, if you can't get her to go then go by yourself and do your comparisons and that way you won't have to try to get her involved unless you are truly in disagreement with her choice.  
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 12:15:17 pm »
Do you have a solid price offer from the HS dealer. Perhaps telling her that even if she is sold on the Vanguard, which everyone seems to love, that You need to look at more to get a better idea if your paying a fair price by comparing that to others.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drprwnap

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 12:45:14 pm »
Good lord man! Who wears the pants in the family? Tell this woman that you'lll by the tub you want, when you want and that's that! Any questions?  :-X

I know you're just kidding, drewstar, but I will say this. I've been married for 28 years.  You don't make it that long by being a dictator.  I want a hot tub not only for my bad back, but also as something my wife and I can share and enjoy TOGETHER.  Anyway, I'll try the Vodka. She likes that!  

« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 12:48:19 pm by wmccall »
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
maybe she's tired of hearing the same old same old from smarmy spa salesman with their greased back hair and copious gold necklaces, leisure suites and mirrored sunglasses?  

I see they've met Stuart!  ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
Bribe her!  

Tell her that you will take her to dinner (and I mean some place nice, not a fast food place) if she will go with you to check out another spa.  

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 01:56:25 pm »
There's only one choice.  Buy her her Vanguard.  Otherwise it'll always be - "Had we had gotten the Vanguard"  It is much more important to keep her happy that to get a better spa or a better price.

Remember - "If mama ain't happy, no one's happy :)"

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 05:03:59 pm »
you sound a lot like me.  I have only been married 4 years but I have learned alot.  My wife makes up her mind and their is no changing it.

I have however, learned how to work with the system a bit.  I suggest small things here and there that I know interest her.  

With the hot tub, she was completely against it.  I had no chance of getting one.  So one day I said lets go out for a FAMILY DRIVE.  She loved the idea.  We saw a couple of hottub shops on our journey and just brought up that I would love to have one someday and that a friend from work that she knows just got one.

I informed her that the sales guy was a relative of someone on the job and said we should go and look just for fun.  She said I know you, you are going to bug me to get one.  I said no way, I just want to look.

We went in and within an hour I had put a deposit on a tub.  (I did about six months of homework on my own, and new what store to take her to first).  

My wifes only concern was cost and as you all know, the arcitc sales team does an excellent job of shouting how great they are, so it worked on her.  Me I knew better, but she was like a fish out of water.  

Who would have thought that the only thing holding her back was the cost of hydro.

Anyways, yesterday our tub arrived and my wife and son and I enjoyed an afternoon of relaxation and family fun.  After the little guy went down, we had friends over and had a great time.

My wife loves it because it is fun, relaxing and just one extra tool for our marriage and family.  Last night it was so nice listening to some music and looking out at the stars, the only thing was the hot water made us very tired and romance was not in the game plan.

Anyways try some of those angles and if that doesnt work, bribe her bribe her bribe her.  Just think what she wants more than anything, get it for her and she will do anything you ask.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 05:19:07 pm »

Hey now!!! >:( Watch it...I don't wear gold chains anymore!! (They were pulling the hair out of my neck!) ;) ;D

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 07:43:59 pm »

He wishes he could grease his hair back...... ;) ;) ;)
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 07:47:19 pm »
Anyways try some of those angles and if that doesnt work, bribe her bribe her bribe her.  Just think what she wants more than anything, get it for her and she will do anything you ask.

Hmmmm. Bride, Bribe. Bribe, Bride. Hmmmm
Homeworks Financing Representative

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 07:58:12 pm »

Or perhaps try my method....Vodka: yummy delicious convincer of expensive toys.

Seriously, maybe she's tired of schlepping to different places all over the state and hearing the same old same old from smarmy spa salesman with their greased back hair and copious gold necklaces, leisure suites and mirrored sunglasses? 8)

Perhaps if you, on your own, without her did some comparison shopping and only if you found something significantly better suited for you, then and only then approach her to take a look? Dinner afterwards would be nice...and vodka.

Ort go with the Vanguard. I think it's a great tub.
   ;)

Drewsters got the answer. Just go by yourself and if you find something you really like then involve her.

Bringing her back would give you even a second shot at wet testing.

I have a 2005 Vanguard and it’s a great tub but I wish I would have been a little more open minded and wet tested a few others.

The Vanguard is great but I'm starting to think that a different tub may have provided better therapy.

My wife loved the cool down bench and she never asks for much, well anything really so I went with the Vanguard.

Again... let me repeat myself in saying I love my tub and you just can go wrong with a HS. The pearl/coastal grey color is awesome!

Let us know how you make out.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2005, 08:09:38 pm »
Tell her the "facts" about Hot Springs:

Their not UL certified; they don't have enough suction openings; they don't have anti suction devices on their suction ports; their full foam and they don't make the 1 pump Vanguard anymore ...

... OK their STUPID facts but facts none the less! ;D

BTW, I agree with tonyp!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 09:29:00 am »
He wishes he could grease his hair back...... ;) ;) ;)

Maybe a nice toupee?  I've seen some advertised in the back of Popular Mechanics for about $35.   :)

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 09:29:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42